Conor earning 2 to 3 times what GSP did.

lol @ people who think Conor dictates everything.

Lorenzo is in charge and he doesn't need Conor. Conor is getting a similar cut as GSP, Lesnar, etc.

Conor and his team are putting on a show and you're all buying it.

Yeah. I was surprised anyone was stupid enough to believe this, then I remembered, Conor fans...

Bitch, in the 2 years you've been here you've made 3 times more posts than me in 10 years, so shut the fuck up.

Read your posts in this thread. You're imploding like a child because some group of trolls got under your skin. Take a break dude, this place is obviously making you unhappy.

That's your best response?

You sound like you're bitter about something, but you lack the intelligence to express yourself.

I'm not a fanboy like you, but it's ok, we dont all have to be the same. No need to get personal.

HE sounds bitter about something? You're the one on some tyraid about casuals who support Conor. If you were such an elevated, intelligent fan of MMA you wouldn't even bother to acknowledge the Just Bleeders.

What's most striking about you is how you can't even be honest about your dislike for Conor so you try to pretend that it's his "fanbase" you really dislike. Admit it you were a hardcore Aldo fan and just can't accept how easily he was dispatched.

Most of the money he's making is paid by idiots who eat up his trash talk and buy into the hype.

I dont hate McGregor, I just think his over the top fanbase is annoying and if he has to lose for them to go away then his downfall is what I'm rooting for.

But he doesn't have any of my money, I never pay for UFC ppv's nor would I ever buy their shitty merchandise.

He's getting rich off the money of his idiot fanbase mostly... good for him, and fuck them. He's gonna lose soon and be rich, they'll be poorer and on suicide watch... it's all good.
92280_the-office-applause-annoyed-stanley-hudson-standing-ovation.gif

His record is much, much less impressive than MM's, for example. Until recently, Sage was undefeated too. Does that mean he's a truly great fighter? Obviously we learned the answer to that.

Not only is he the best promoter in the sport, he is also the best FW who destroyed the P4P #1 guy and is about to take on the LW champ to be the best LW. What more do you want him to do to earn your respect? Oh right, nothing, you just want to cry about it.

Gsp doesnt care ... He doesnt have the ego to feed like conor ... Cars, homes ...gsp is down to earth, hangs with his parents, has an empty house ... Gsp could sell a respectable ppv tomorrow and he wouldnt have to promote shit ... Conor HAS to do world tours and hype his fights

1) Nobody knows the terms of GSP or Conor's deals so this is all subjective guessing

2) PPV made a permanent price jump so that should benefit Conor

3) Over-the-top PPV purchases (where cable providers don't get a cut) have multiplied which benefits Conor

2 & 3 should spell out a better deal for Conor. Georges was repped by very legitimate agents and had inked deals with blue chip sponsors. The guy landed in Captain America. There is no way he had a 'bad' deal respectively.

It makes sense Conor would make more money in the current landscape, but I just don't believe, instictually, he's making 3x. That seems wildly unlikely at face value.

You are way to emotionally invested in this shyt. Like another guy said u have no idea what mcgregor is like in real life. For all we know you may be right, but go watch some of the documentaries that show a glimpse into his everyday life and ull see a guy completely differenrt from "el chapo jr" persona at the RDA presser.
That's part of the problem with him, he does seem like a decent dude when the cameras and competition isn't around. Doesn't give him the excuse to disrespect everyone around him "when the cameras are on" It makes him fake

HE sounds bitter about something? You're the one on some tyraid about casuals who support Conor. If you were such an elevated, intelligent fan of MMA you wouldn't even bother to acknowledge the Just Bleeders.

What's most striking about you is how you can't even be honest about your dislike for Conor so you try to pretend that it's his "fanbase" you really dislike. Admit it you were a hardcore Aldo fan and just can't accept how easily he was dispatched.
I could say the same to you... if I sound so bitter why did you just acknowledge me? Of course, it's because you disagree with what I said, and you wanted to set the record straight... that's what the forum is for no?

And no, I was never much of an Aldo fan... rooted against him in EVERY fight except vs Conor.

Basically I believe Conor is an embarrassment to martial arts, and his over the top nutriders are the retards of this forum.

Matter of fact the only posters I place lower on the totem pole are those dweebs that come out of nowhere with nothing to offer to the thread topic, and take shots and make assumptions about some random forum account as if insulting someone you dont know, and will never meet, actually means anything. You know the type?

I have to disagree, in my opinion in a sport like this being an ambassador isn't just about being a nice guy.
Its about getting asses on seats, more people watching it, getting people talking about it in work on Monday morning and splitting opinions.
Conor does this better than gsp and deserves more money because of it.

I guess we have different ideas of what a sports ambassador is suppose to be I don't want my ambassador to be loud mouth braggart, whose soul focus is getting his pockets phat and squeezing in fights. You want to get asses in the seats put on good shows & promote, mma was coming along just fine before Conor McGregor and will do just fine when he's gone.

Conor has a far better business brain than all the top fighters that have come before him, every interview he does he is publicly negotiating, everyone thinks it's bragging but really he's telling the UFC he knows exactly what he's worth and that he'll get his fair share.

He's on a different level at every aspect of MMA.

You saying Conor has more business sense than all fighters before Conor is just not true and disrespectful.

Lots of fighters had great business sense . GSP, Tito did too, Brock was no push over with negotiations ask Vince, koscheck and Faber both dabble in ventures behind the scenes. Chael. Shaub.
There's way more but you don't notice because it's all behind scenes and most did what they could, but you can only leverage so much if you get that L on your record.

Bisping is brash has a good head on his shoulders , is intelligent/good looking and English . Has all the right things to make him a star BUT. He wasn't finishing and had L's in UFC so ultimately has no leverage. If bisping was knocking out everyone in first or 2nd round maybe a different story.

Take away Conor being Irish (lots of plastic paddies in America). And he becomes less of a star. Take away conor not knocking everyone out and he becomes less of a star. He can talk about the numbers all he wants but if he wasn't Irish and was winning close decisions no one would listen.

There's key factors helping Conor . You can say he has more business sense than jones and aldo/MM or any current dominant fighter and that's true. But to say he has more business sense than everyone EVER is not fair because you have to constantly win to have any power and it doesn't take a business brain to win fights in the cage.

gsp being a better fighter is a subjective opinin

Far more well rounded skillset, way deeper toolbox, defended his title multiple times, verses a big left hand in my opinion = Better Fighter...

Source? His show money was $500k (no win bonus)
Conor said he would make around $7m for the Mendes fight.

You can call him a lair if you want, but I see no evidence that he tells lies...

Most of the money he's making is paid by idiots who eat up his trash talk and buy into the hype.

I dont hate McGregor, I just think his over the top fanbase is annoying and if he has to lose for them to go away then his downfall is what I'm rooting for.

But he doesn't have any of my money, I never pay for UFC ppv's nor would I ever buy their shitty merchandise.

He's getting rich off the money of his idiot fanbase mostly... good for him, and fuck them. He's gonna lose soon and be rich, they'll be poorer and on suicide watch... it's all good.

=

200.gif

Keep telling yourself that baby girl :rolleyes:

Not only is he the best promoter in the sport, he is also the best FW who destroyed the P4P #1 guy and is about to take on the LW champ to be the best LW. What more do you want him to do to earn your respect? Oh right, nothing, you just want to cry about it.
Obviously a troll or an idiot. He has not really proven he's the best FW with a few top 5 wins, that's just dumb. It should be well known to you that beating the best ever does not instantly make you the best ever (see Weidman, Bigfoot, even Hendricks gave GSP a tough fight). I never said I don't have any respect for the guy, I just recognize the fact that he's a long way from proving that he's the consensus GOAT of any weight division, and I could care less how much money he makes.

Nah man, I'm saying he may have a totally different ppv scale. He may not even get paid by the sale.

Imagine you're Conor at the negotiating table. If you're on the card, it's selling a million at least. That's 60 million dollars generated by you and you alone. If the UFC sees even half of that, it's not hard to negotiate you getting a third of the total take: 10 million.

Actually, the UFC sees about 1/2 of that. The cable companies take 1/2 right off the top. So with your example it is about $30 million as the gate normally covers expenses and the majority of the fighter pay minus the main/comain event where the top fighters tend to get a PPV cut.

Your example is good. :)

That's part of the problem with him, he does seem like a decent dude when the cameras and competition isn't around. Doesn't give him the excuse to disrespect everyone around him "when the cameras are on" It makes him fake

i'll agree with you that when the cameras are around it makes he seems fake and honestly its not attractive and to a degree has made me not like as much as a year ago. but IMO the disrespecting people is just to promote the fight and it is what it is. but fair enough I understand where you are coming from

Back