Conor earning 2 to 3 times what GSP did.

in before Tonycpa ejaculates GSP stats

The fighter only makes $1 or $2 per ppv over 500,000.
Generally. But Conor obviously has negotiated a different deal. A card without conor is lucky to sell 500. A card with Conor is almost guaranteed to go over a million.

So yeah he deserves it

Obviously. GSP wasn't making that Reebok money.

Also, just think of all the bonuses GSP didn't get by never finishing anybody.

Even if it's true. This has happened in every single sport. Ask Ali what he thinks about Tyson money. Then ask Tyson what he thinks about Floyd money. Pay for pro athletes has risen by astounding percentages over the course of pro sports. Today's stars make more than yesterday's stars. GSP was happy with his contracts I imagine. We know he probably made more than any other MMA fighter of his time during his career.

But, that doesn't mean Conor even gets a seat at the GOAT table. There are 3-4 guys sitting at that table right now. Conor is comfortably seated at the kiddies table.

And don't kid yourself. If GSP came out of retirement to fight again. And even if he was fighting Conor. The majority of the ppl tuning in would be there to see GSP. And GSP would make equal if not more money on that fight.
Your GOAT point isn't relevant. Fighters who know their value should hardball to get more money out of the UFC. Ronda could have made 10 million a fight, but essentially took what the UFC offered. GSP is still under his old contract, and will have to renegotiate to get more money.

Who cares? GSP is just a overall better person, fighter, and ambassador for the sport which is far more important to than their financials.
gsp being a better fighter is a subjective opinin

Must have a better fanbase than your favourite fighter if he's selling 1million+ PPV's
I dont have a favorite, and we're mma fans with a lot of cross over fake wrestling fans coming over drawn to the trash talk. So the sad truth of the matter is, most who tune in are meatheads, adolescents, and overall mental midgets who get excited when Dana swears or when Conor talks over the top nonsense.

Conor sells, and there are a lot of idiots who are buying, I'm not denying that.

Who cares? GSP is just a overall better person, fighter, and ambassador for the sport which is far more important to than their financials.
Thank you for saying this, im glad someone sees it. For some people having 1 million dollars and good morals is worth more than 2 million dollars and no morals. GSP is the former and makes him an overall better person

Generally. But Conor obviously has negotiated a different deal. A card without conor is lucky to sell 500. A card with Conor is almost guaranteed to go over a million.

So yeah he deserves it

I can only see him making $1 mill to $2 mill max from fighter pay and ppv, and he only gets pennies for sponsorship because of reebok. GSP was HEAVILY sponsored and would raked in more than Connor makes from that alone.

I can only see him making $1 mill to $2 mill max from fighter pay and ppv, and he only gets pennies for sponsorship because of reebok. GSP was HEAVILY sponsored and would raked in more than Connor makes from that alone.
He made $3 million from 189 plus the bet he offered to make with Dana was given to him as a bonus, he made more than $3million from 194.

I used to think this sport was about who the better fighter was.
It is; combined with who the most marketable fighter is. Mcgregor is the best 145lb fighter on the planet. Has just set history by holding on to the 145lb belt and challenging the 155lb champ for the 155lb belt after just crushing one of the most dominant champions in the history of MMA. Before that he beat one of the 2 best wrestlers in the division despite fighting with a torn acl and still TKO'd him. Mcgregors striking is the best in the sport. People will find out again when he gets in with RDA who if he cant land clean low kicks in round 1 will be looking to take Mcgregor down faster than Mendes. The people who hate Mcgregor let it cloud their vision. The guy's striking is ahead of everyone else's. He still has a hole in his wrestling he needs to show he's improved. But elite fighter who already has one belt and is working on #2 and who puts people in seats = highest paid fighter in the sport.

Thank you for saying this, im glad someone sees it. For some people having 1 million dollars and good morals is worth more than 2 million dollars and no morals. GSP is the former and makes him an overall better person

We honestly know so little about how they live their personal lives. How many times have we been disappointed by celebrity / athlete we thought were good guys?

I dont have a favorite, and we're mma fans with a lot of cross over fake wrestling fans coming over drawn to the trash talk. So the sad truth of the matter is, most who tune in are meatheads, adolescents, and overall mental midgets who get excited when Dana swears or when Conor talks over the top nonsense.

Conor sells, and there are a lot of idiots who are buying, I'm not denying that.
I'm sure the UFC misses your money

Well my "sources" tell me that Holly Holm was so happy after her victory, that she the arena for me so she could give me a blowjob......that's what my sources say, but it can't be confirmed

Nah man, I'm saying he may have a totally different ppv scale. He may not even get paid by the sale.

Imagine you're Conor at the negotiating table. If you're on the card, it's selling a million at least. That's 60 million dollars generated by you and you alone. If the UFC sees even half of that, it's not hard to negotiate you getting a third of the total take: 10 million.

I'm sure the UFC misses your money
That's your best response?

You sound like you're bitter about something, but you lack the intelligence to express yourself.

I'm not a fanboy like you, but it's ok, we dont all have to be the same. No need to get personal.

Source? His show money was $500k (no win bonus)
show money was 500k before his PPV cut, he probably gets a live gate cut too, Front Row Brian has gone into it a few times on twitter. I don't save sources on my hard drive sorry.

That's your best response?

You sound like you're bitter about something, but you lack the intelligence to express yourself.

I'm not a fanboy like you, but it's ok, we dont all have to be the same. No need to get personal.
I sound bitter??? "THE UFC WILL NEVER GET ANY OF MY MONEY!" sounds a lot more bitter to me, I'm not a Conor fanboy, I like him & the way he fights but I'm not delusional, I just don't let emotions cloud the truth.

Nah man, I'm saying he may have a totally different ppv scale. He may not even get paid by the sale.

Imagine you're Conor at the negotiating table. If you're on the card, it's selling a million at least. That's 60 million dollars generated by you and you alone. If the UFC sees even half of that, it's not hard to negotiate you getting a third of the total take: 10 million.

Absolutely delusional, thats pure revenue. 50% goes to ppv providers, so leaves $30 million revenue for UFC minus expenses paying all other fighters, all the UFC staff, keeping office and production staff, advertising expenses, THEIR OWN PROFIT, etc etc

Back