Conor doesn't seem interested in Khabib rematch anymore

Khabib is fighting Dustin and champs usually only fight twice a year if were lucky. If Conor wants a fight he needs a different opponent.

It will depend on two upcoming fights. Dustin - Khabib and Diaz - Pettis.

Prematurely gassing is genetic, it’s like having a bad chin, it will always be a weakness and now everyone knows to drag out the first couple rounds with Conor before stepping on the gas. Nothing Conor does will truly fix his naturally poor gas tank. It’s not like he’s hindered by a large midsection or doesn’t understand pacing.
Nonsense. He gassed the first time against Diaz because he trained for power and thought he would KO him easily. He almost did but Diaz's chin saved him. In Diaz II he went the distance but at fight time Diaz had at least 15 pounds on him. Conor was 168, Diaz 185 - 190.

Anyone actually curious about the results of a rematch? I didn't see anything competitive about the first fight. It shouldn't happen unless Conor gets active and demonstrates something new.

Most fans agree I think. If Conor is smart, he will take another fight first, to rekindle the fans’ belief in him and make sure that the rematch generates the sales that are expected from him. This rematch might be his last money grab.

I think Khabib is trying to ask for a lot of money. His agent seems nuts and quite aggressive, and I dont think there is room to bargain. If Khabib wants to get paid as much as Conor, or if that is even their first negotiating ask, hoping to get half, I can see the UFC just ignoring him and giving him tough fights in hopes he loses soon.

Thats my Sherbro analysis of the topic.
Khabib has already got a new contract, and it's probably not a cheap one. the rematch depends on conor, and what he accepts

Khabib side probably asking for extra money if opponent is Conor

Conor most likely asking for big demands still (Proper 12 advertising, a percentage of the company) despite the lose to Nurmag

UFC just sitting back letting things marinate (Jorge Masvidal, Johnny Walker, Weili Zhang etc... are emerging as potential stars)

Shit or get off the pot. He's waited far, far too long to secure a rematch and to make matters worse for him, its now unlikely that freak injuries/withdraws will move him up significantly either. Life goes on, even after the tropical storm of Conor McGregor. Hopefully his whisky has gathered enough groundswell to subsist on the coming leaner days as Notorious loses his luster.

I don't think he has quite the same leverage as he use to have, with his losing, relative inactivity, and the new ESPN deal (as I understand it).

He still has a lot, but I don't think he has enough to fingersnap his way to a Khabib rematch if the other sides are resistant.

Why would the other side be resistant? Its a red panty night for everyone.

Nonsense. He gassed the first time against Diaz because he trained for power and thought he would KO him easily. He almost did but Diaz's chin saved him. In Diaz II he went the distance but at fight time Diaz had at least 15 pounds on him. Conor was 168, Diaz 185 - 190.

15 pounds on him? Lots of fighters deal with 15 pound overages after rehydration and don't gas to the point of literally RUNNING AWAY.

Genetic.

Conor and dana know that he literally has a 0% chance of ever beating khabib.

McGregor retired, why would he be interested in any fight, let alone against Nurmagomedov?

Dumbest move UFC ever made was allowing the Floyd fight. Conor made all that money. And cashed out.. If the UFC knew they would get a nice cut for the Floyd fight, BUT Conor maybe fights 1 more time for the UFC, and that is all.. Not exactly a good tradeoff..

Well duh.

He got his loudmouth ass clowned, and has zero chance of winning, so of course he doesn't want the rematch.

Conor is becoming the the Goldilock of mma he just can't get up and fight anybody @lw,ww, they need to be picked & tailored. He's too big, he's too aggressive, that one just wrestles/grapples, etc.
Legit LoL

Well duh.

He got his loudmouth ass clowned, and has zero chance of winning, so of course he doesn't want the rematch.

The old Conor when he lost to Nate just came right back.. But that was Pre-100 mil Boxing Conor.. Thanks a lot UFC..

Khabib side probably asking for extra money if opponent is Conor

Conor most likely asking for big demands still (Proper 12 advertising, a percentage of the company) despite the lose to Nurmag

UFC just sitting back letting things marinate (Jorge Masvidal, Johnny Walker, Weili Zhang etc... are emerging as potential stars)

Notice how Dana's praise and hype have shifted to Jon Jones. That alone was enough to tell me Conor probably isn't going to fight this year.

Lol, Conor was 168 eh. So he fought Nate lighter then he fought Aldo in a 145 pound fight?

If Conor was 168 wouldn't that mean Nate was only 169? I mean why weigh in 2 pounds under the limit unless you can't actually make the weight right?

Anyone actually curious about the results of a rematch? I didn't see anything competitive about the first fight. It shouldn't happen unless Conor gets active and demonstrates something new.
Disagree. He needs a few refinements to his grappling but i think he does better in a hematch. Does he win. Odds are against him but imo it would be closer.

Back