Conor doesn't seem interested in Khabib rematch anymore

I think Khabib is trying to ask for a lot of money. His agent seems nuts and quite aggressive, and I dont think there is room to bargain. If Khabib wants to get paid as much as Conor, or if that is even their first negotiating ask, hoping to get half, I can see the UFC just ignoring him and giving him tough fights in hopes he loses soon.

Thats my Sherbro analysis of the topic.
No way

He has one more tough fight at 155 and that is Tony, who else are they gonna throw at him and hope he loses ? Nate ?

He has only had 3 fights above 145

He smacked Eddie about and floored Diaz numerous times in the rematch, not to mention butchering his face

He was no match for Khabib's grappling, so never really got off his striking game early

The Conor that beat alveraz would stop Tony too

However, that guy is likely long gone

He has 4 fights above 145. Natex2, Eddie, Khabib.

Tony is similar to Nate in that he can be hit and even dropped but not finished. In fact Tony maybe even more durable as the head kick from Thomson that finished Nate was similar to the one that Lando landed on Tony but couldn't finish him with.

I'd take my chances 100 times out of 100 that the guy who's never been KO'd wouldn't be by a guy who's power has really only shown to be special at FW.

Tony is similar to Nate in that he can be hit and even dropped but not finished. In fact Tony maybe even more durable as the head kick from Thomson that finished Nate was similar to the one that Lando landed on Tony but couldn't finish him with.

I'd take my chances 100 times out of 100 that the guy who's never been KO'd wouldn't be by a guy who's power has really only shown to be special at FW.
Just don’t expect that result 100 times out of 100......

I'm no fan of Conor, but he's terribly underrated since Khabib beat him

Just don’t expect that result 100 times out of 100......

Ha no. That's not what I meant. I just mean if forced to choose a winner I'm going to pick Tony for sure. I realize if the fight played out 100 times that he wouldn't win them all LOL.

I'm no fan of Conor, but he's terribly underrated since Khabib beat him

He's a very good striker, no doubt. Great distance management and accuracy. But he really did rely at 145 on guys crumbling when he hit them. Durable bigger guys don't crumble so easily and Conor has to expend so much more energy even to hurt them. The Eddie win was impressive (not in that he hit Eddie so easily because Eddie can be hit) but because he was so precise that he never let Eddie recover. But Nate is much closer to Tony except the difference is that when Tony pressures and lands he's absolutely carving guys faces up and leaving them a mess. It's like what Nate does ramped up a bunch because aside from just the pace, the damage he's doing is a multiplier.

I'm not trying to shit on Conor like he's a bum, but he's not at Tony's level.

He's a very good striker, no doubt. Great distance management and accuracy. But he really did rely at 145 on guys crumbling when he hit them. Durable bigger guys don't crumble so easily and Conor has to expend so much more energy even to hurt them. The Eddie win was impressive (not in that he hit Eddie so easily because Eddie can be hit) but because he was so precise that he never let Eddie recover. But Nate is much closer to Tony except the difference is that when Tony pressures and lands he's absolutely carving guys faces up and leaving them a mess. It's like what Nate does ramped up a bunch because aside from just the pace, the damage he's doing is a multiplier.

I'm not trying to shit on Conor like he's a bum, but he's not at Tony's level.

I don't agree, I think he's definitely at Tony's level if he's still at his best (which he likely isn't)

I don't agree, I think he's definitely at Tony's level if he's still at his best (which he likely isn't)

He was at his best at FW though (and for one LW fight I guess).

I also didn't even factor in the grappling difference, which is also hugely in Tony's favor.

He was at his best at FW though (and for one LW fight I guess).

I also didn't even factor in the grappling difference, which is also hugely in Tony's favor.

Obviously we haven't seen enough of Conor above 155 to make a solid comparison

What I will say is, Conor would have 2 rounds at best to get the Job done.

It's simple. If Conor wants a rematch then he'll just have to wait until after Tony beats Khabib. In the meantime, Conor has to fight a few guys in the t10 rankings.

Anyone actually curious about the results of a rematch? I didn't see anything competitive about the first fight.

Connie just wasn't "switched on". He said so himself. Switched On Connie finishes the Islamic Eagle inside one. Book it, Pink Goof.

Khabib has the new huge contract and I'm sure he has the say so on this. He may want the fight later down the road as a cash out fight, but he doesn't care about it now.

With that logic, McGregor will come out of retirement pretty soon then, because Tyson made far more than McGregor and went broke fairly quickly.

All I said is he spends a lot of money. Who knows how it compares to Tyson? He had King stealing from him..

Of course he doesn't, Khabib might snap his neck this time.

Conor needs to drop to 145.

Back