Conor doesn't seem interested in Khabib rematch anymore

I don't think he has quite the same leverage as he use to have, with his losing, relative inactivity, and the new ESPN deal (as I understand it).

He still has a lot, but I don't think he has enough to fingersnap his way to a Khabib rematch if the other sides are resistant.

Anyone actually curious about the results of a rematch? I didn't see anything competitive about the first fight. It shouldn't happen unless Conor gets active and demonstrates something new.

I think Khabib is trying to ask for a lot of money. His agent seems nuts and quite aggressive, and I dont think there is room to bargain. If Khabib wants to get paid as much as Conor, or if that is even their first negotiating ask, hoping to get half, I can see the UFC just ignoring him and giving him tough fights in hopes he loses soon.

Thats my Sherbro analysis of the topic.

McGregor retired, why would he be interested in any fight, let alone against Nurmagomedov?
There is no way he'll go out on a shameful loss like that, fighters saying they're retired is a fake news meme at this point.

Lol at “anymore”. As he was waiting for their first fight to start he knew he wouldn’t want a rematch once he got his ass kicked.

There is no way he'll go out on a shameful loss like that, fighters saying they're retired is a fake news meme at this point.
I was being sarcastic, sorry if I wasn't obvious enough (genuinely).

I don't think he has quite the same leverage as he use to have, with his losing, relative inactivity, and the new ESPN deal (as I understand it).

He still has a lot, but I don't think he has enough to fingersnap his way to a Khabib rematch if the other sides are resistant.
I agree. When he was undefeated and a PPV super star, he rightfully had a lot of say. With UFC moving away from that PPV model and into streaming subscriptions, he’s not as important anymore.

I agree. When he was undefeated and a PPV super star, he rightfully had a lot of say. With UFC moving away from that PPV model and into streaming subscriptions, he’s not as important anymore.
he's extremely important, and would drive a jump in subscriptions (as well as sell ppv's).

he's extremely important, and would drive a jump in subscriptions (as well as sell ppv's).
I disagree. Crossover stars that do big numbers do it because of Fairweather fans. I don’t see Fairweather fans getting a subscription to watch one of us fights. They’ll likely go to a friends house or the bar. He’s still important to the company, just not to the degree he was before. But, I may be wrong.

if his whiskey keeps selling as hot as it is then he will never fight again.

I think Conor would throw a couple bombs and then tap as soon as things started going against him anyway. He would just be showing up for a payday mostly. He knows he cannot win,

I don't think that is the case. I think he is on the wrong side of the hill now. Career and popularity wise. I don't really think there are any unanswered questions with him anymore either.

We for know for sure what he can do. And we're pretty certain about what he can't.

At 145 he's a devastating striker ... This, we KNOW for sure.
At LW, he has beaten ONE UFC fighter and did it in SPECTACULAR fashion.
He cannot stop a take down from Khabib. Doesn't matter what people say, that will not change quickly.
He has a tendency to gas under pressure.
He taps before the sub is set.... argue all you want, we've seen him break TWICE now in MMA
He's not getting called out because of the money anymore, people WANT to fight him as a means to humiliate him....

I know he's a draw. But these guys at 155 and 170 all know they how to beat him and believe they can. I'd say weather they are right or wrong, this time around is gonna be a lot harder for him.

I think the likely options are loser of Khabib/Dustin, Ferguson or Diaz at WW if he beats Pettis

Don't believe his lies.jpg

However, LW is filled with a lot of bad matchups for Mcg but at the same time, he needs to fight to stay relevant or is he going to spend his entire life selling toilet cleaner after his fame and public relevance goes away?.

If Gaethje beats cowboy feed him to McG or Tony if that's the case, he knows he can't waste time just because his cheap booze does well despite being just toilet cleaner labeled as whiskey.

I don't think that is the case. I think he is on the wrong side of the hill now. Career and popularity wise. I don't really think there are any unanswered questions with him anymore either.

We for know for sure what he can do. And we're pretty certain about what he can't.

He cannot stop a take down from Khabib. Doesn't matter what people say, that will not change quickly.
He taps before the sub is set.... argue all you want, we've seen him break TWICE now in MMA
He's not getting called out because of the money anymore, people WANT to fight him as a means to humiliate him....

I know he's a draw. But these guys at 155 and 170 all know they how to beat him and believe they can. I'd say weather they are right or wrong, this time around is gonna be a lot harder for him.
You’re delusional if you don’t think they are calling him out for $$$.

And both subs were completely set.

3 times if we count his first submission loss, but yes.

McG's biggest mistake was taking the Floyd fight and that showed his flaws as a striker, Jack Slack always said that to beat Mcg a wrestler was enough but after that fight, it's more clear how to beat Mcg standing.

Right now his value as a fighter is decreasing and waiting for a good match up won't help him since LW is filled with killers who knows how to beat him, plus, he lost his size advantage and his reach is there but that alone won't be enough and his ko power only works for weak chinned guys like Eddie or Lee.

Back