Congrats to Max for being the champ at cutting weight to fight smaller fighters

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
If you can make the weight and come in and fight effectively with good cardio then you're not fighting at too light of a class. I see weight cutting as being just like having a good chin or big time power or having a ton of reach. It's a largely natural ability. We don't hate on a guy for having death touch power or a granite chin.

300px-Tiramisu_with_blueberries_and_raspberries%2C_July_2011.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Max has the shorter reach in almost all his fights. Max has a very short reach. He's tall.
exactly hes physically deformed by being a big guy that has too short of arms compared to his size AND hes a STRIKER. he either bullies teenagers at FW and sometimes has the longer reach and/or just a little bit shorter or he fights at lightweight and becomes the physically inferior striker in 99% of his fights. probably everyone in the top 10 has longer limbs than him.

khabib average reach/frame for lightweight. most people have longer reach and are taller than khabib. conor/max strived at fighting shorter people with shorter reach. once that changed they got exposed. khabib had the shorter reach in most of his fights.
21-4 and 20-3 records - "exposed"...

exactly hes physically deformed by being a big guy that has too short of arms compared to his size AND hes a STRIKER. he either bullies teenagers at FW and sometimes has the longer reach and/or just a little bit shorter or he fights at lightweight and becomes the physically inferior striker in 99% of his fights. probably everyone in the top 10 has longer limbs than him.
Didn't you just say max thrived at fighting people with smaller reach? Max has had the shorter reach in the majority of his fights. I agree he doesn't translate to LW.

He doesn't have a style that will transcend divisions well, unfortunately. FW is the best for him. The guy has an extremely narrow frame and it was evident tonight.
Yup, his skills are legitimately limited by his body, and there just isn't much he can do about it. In fact, he's pretty much the definition of an ectomorph - dude probably couldn't put weight on if he wanted to without hitting the juice

How TS hasn't been IP banned is the 8th wonder of the world.

It is what it is.

Congrats to Dustin, smashed Max to pieces.

Now Max can go back down to fight manlets.
You know how silly you sound right now, being a HUGE Khabib follower? Khabib has pulled out of multiple fights by missing weight so he can carry his 196 lb body into a 155 fight.

This

Khabib isn’t a big 155er, he’s just terrible at cutting weight. He also gets way too fat between camps as well.
No, he actually is enormous. His frame carries tremendous muscle, especially in his core, and his bones are thick. He is larger than RDA, who moved up to WW.

Every time Khabib pulled out in the week of the fight or missed weight counts as a loss when your strategy is to cut massive weight and rag doll your foes.

Its difficult to move up to a division full of sharks. At some point you get murkd. Max is fucking good but i always felt like his way of fighting would cost him dearly if he moved up.

Tony and Khabib would mess him up badly.

Didn't you just say max thrived at fighting people with smaller reach? Max has had the shorter reach in the majority of his fights. I agree he doesn't translate to LW.
yes he was the taller fighter in the majority of his fights aswell. and if the reach gap was 50-50 then the people who had a longer reach they only had a slightly longer reach. if you go to LW people will have way longer reach than him. people like Nate, Tony would finish Max guaranteed.

Max is awesome. But he was punchy before this fight. Eeesh.

if he stays at lightweight the would add a picture of his face next to the word exposed for elaborating purposes LOL.
...nothing to see here, folks, fights ALWAYS happen how you assume they're going to. In fact, I don't even know why I waste my time watching them...

Back