• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News CONFIRMED: Ian Garry is OUT of UFC 296; Luque willing to face Holland on short notice

that sucks for Luque, dude doesnt get to fight now. and he's always entertaining.

also why are people thinking Garry backed out cause of the trolling? dude got sick, simple as that. i dont like the guy at all but making shit up about him just makes people defend him.
2 weeks ago a bunch of people on this site said he wouldn't show up to the fight or press conference. Here we are. It isn't exactly "making shit up" when we called it weeks in advance

2 weeks ago a bunch of people on this site said he wouldn't show up to the fight or press conference. Here we are. It isn't exactly "making shit up" when we called it weeks in advance
i get that, but who couldve predicted the guy would get sick? my impression is that people thought he'd back out because he was nervous, not because he legitimately got ill.
i guess it doesnt really matter.

i get that, but who couldve predicted the guy would get sick? my impression is that people thought he'd back out because he was nervous, not because he legitimately got ill.
i guess it doesnt really matter.
I believe there was a thread titled "Ian Garry will claim to be sick and pull out of the fight"

I'm sure it's just another coincidence

Same old ridiculous assumptions in this thread e.g. mental breakdown, scared etc lol. Its cold and flu season and I just got over it and didnt/couldnt train for a week...I couldn't imagine having to fight in that state...best he recovers and they rebook the fight for next month.

FYI I am not an Ian Garry fan but I am human.

Him trying to be Conor has backfired in a way I don't think I ever seen before. It doesn't matter that he probably is sick, people were speculating for weeks that this would happen, he turned of his comments on social media, it is very obvious that he just want to dish out but he can't take it, talking about suing people, fear for his family.. Who in the hell thinks that is justified the way he has talked and acted before, but now people shouldn't talk about Ian?

I have a high tolerance for people, I just wanna see who the better fighter is but Ian Garry and Molly Mccann, those two have managed to rub even me the wrong way, and I can't help but smile when it goes bad for them. It's just karma. I'm not saying that I want him to be sick, I mean the "hate" he gets. If you play with fire, you get burned..

297 is 5 weeks away, if Garry can't be ready for it then do Luque vs Holland. Either way this L should become Toronto's gain after losing Jan/Rakic

Him trying to be Conor has backfired in a way I don't think I ever seen before. It doesn't matter that he probably is sick, people were speculating for weeks that this would happen, he turned of his comments on social media, it is very obvious that he just want to dish out but he can't take it, talking about suing people, fear for his family.. Who in the hell thinks that is justified the way he has talked and acted before, but now people shouldn't talk about Ian?

I have a high tolerance for people, I just wanna see who the better fighter is but Ian Garry and Molly Mccann, those two have managed to rub even me the wrong way, and I can't help but smile when it goes bad for them. It's just karma. I'm not saying that I want him to be sick, I mean the "hate" he gets. If you play with fire, you get burned..
Karma is a bitch.

This whole self inflicted train wreck could not have happened to a more fitting douchebag than Ian Garry.

Who the fuck flips off Neal Magny?
That dude is the most humble "show up and respectfully do my job" nice guy on the roster.

Holland would knock Luque's block off even on short notice after seeing how easy Neal dealt with him

Listening to the self-righteous, come to white knight Ian has been a pleasure to read. The guy (his outspoken wife) brought the hate upon himself, he deserves every single flaming and criticism he's gotten and will get from now on.

I would like to say that Kevin Holland has proven to me he has become an anyone, anywhere, anytime kind of Mixed Martial Artist. I have the utmost respect for him and any other fighter willing to do this. Props to Luque as well. Hopefully Ian and his child will recover soon. I hate to hear that any child may have pneumonia.

Back