Condit: "I think Hendricks deserves the shot." On Rory's Challenge: "A Bit Odd"

#1 - Condit still has a lot more fight experience than Rory. If he beats him again, are Rory fans going to be begging for another rematch 2-3 years down the road, using the excuse that Rory was still too green in the 2nd fight?

#2 - Rory said the stoppage was fine. What's not questionable is that he was getting beat up badly. How much time is remaining on the clock should not be something the ref takes into consideration, EVER.

Its just like when NFL or NBA analysts say that its unfair to call certain fouls/penalties in the final minutes of a close game. Consistency is what makes for good refereeing. If its a foul, it should be called a foul, no matter when its done or who does it. Likewise, the ref should call a TKO when he feels the losing fighter is not defending himself anymore, even if only 1 second is left in the fight.

#3 - Rory's dream is not currently any more alive than Condit's. Rory refuses to fight GSP, and nobody is beating GSP for the belt anytime soon. Thus, Rory has recently talked about moving up to MW, but he might end up being undersized for MW. Who knows how the move might affect his performance? Even if he performs well, he's not capable of beating Anderson, and Anderson is staying put for a few more years (if Dana's mention of a new contract is to be believed).

Here we go.

Carlos gains my respect more and more with each passing day.

Isn't that why we spend our free time here? Specifically to obtain a zen like harmony through bitching up a storm to strangers on the internet...

Well my friend, yes it is.

My point was that its time to move on a look toward Diaz fighting GSP and Hendricks fighting fighting Ellenberger.

But you are right.

Of course he's not going to support Diaz getting a shot, because it highlights the fact that no one whose opinion matters really thought he "beat" Diaz. That's why so many "Condit fans"/Diaz haters are crying.

I can have a reasonable opinion about Johny. Although I obviously have a little bias, I can still argue about his fights reasonably. You obviously love the Diaz brothers, and argue them without having a point behind your argument, which would make you a nut-hugger.

im more of a Chael nuthugger.

Hendricks deserves it for sure. But Diaz kinda does as well imo - I know he lost to Condit, but that fight was a toss-up. Skillwise, Diaz has as much to offer as Condit.

Hendricks is gonna beat Ellenberger anyway, so he'll get his shot after that.

Hendricks should've got the fight from a ranking standpoint, but if you wouldn't rather see Nick vs GSP then you must have some sort of mental problem. It's probably the biggest fight in the last 5 years, or it will be once the Zuffa hype train gets a proper hold of it. I can't wait.

Hendricks showed balls taking a fight with Ellenberger when he could've just waited. I think Ellenberger has everything to win the fight to be honest. I'd imagine Hendricks will just be looking for a huge left hand all night again.

Hendricks should've got the right from a ranking standpoint, but if you wouldn't rather see Nick vs GSP then you must have some sort of mental problem. It's probably the biggest fight in the last 5 years, or it will be once the Zuffa hype train gets a proper hold of it. I can't wait.

Hendricks showed balls taking a fight with Ellenberger when he could've just waited. I think Ellenberger has everything to win the fight to be honest. I'd imagine Hendricks will just be looking for a huge left hand all night again.

I agree, except biggest fight in 5 years. Not even close. Maybe biggest fight next year.

I agree, except biggest fight in 5 years. Not even close. Maybe biggest fight next year.

Probably was an exaggeration but if he had beaten Condit (which I think he did), but if he had got the decision everyone would be so hyped for the fight. The judges phucked up so people are saying it's not much of a big deal anymore because his last fight was 'technically' a loss. People are forgetting we, as MMA fans, have been waiting for this fight for like 3 years+. It's finally happening.. and it will be awesome.

Weird how people hype up Rory, but talk down on Hendricks when Hendricks has beaten much better competition and it isn't even close.

Rory's ego may get the better of him. Get to be champ before worrying about payback fights. He can't accept that a guy beat him, which seems to be some sort of ego problem, like he can't live with himself if someone got the better of him, which is funny because people say he reminds them of a serial killer. And those guys are known for holding intense grudges over someone who humiliated them years before. I wonder if Rory has a list of names of people who messed with him as a kid.

I feel like GSP used this to dissipate the Silva fight-hype. Because he knows this fight is a fan favorite, he wants all the talk surrounding it to make people forget about that other fight. A Hendricks fight would have made it more easy to criticize. It's honestly a bit weird.

And yes, Diaz is the bigger money fight, obviously. The hype will be big. But Nick does NOT deserve it.

Carlos is spot on for the most part.

No reasonable person would argue that Hendricks is not the number one contender at this point.

Good for Johny to step up and take the fight with Jake E. If he really should be fighting GSP, then Jake E should be an easy fight for him to show Dana how wrongful it was to pass him over.

My issues with Johny were not about talking himself up in the media, he just did it poorly. I am not joking when I say he should get a PR person to do that, or at the very least help him.

Talking is going to make his value worth more than just competition. He needs to put asses in the seats and sell the ppv as well to really be considered the contender in the UFC. It is about the money. I hate it, but Dana and his minions are going to make the fights that sell more often than rewarding the "Karate Kid" that finds himself in the contender's spot.

As for Carlos' comments regarding Rory's weird call out. It was just to create hype. I would not be surprised if it was Dana's idea all along if he won. It really looks like Dana is trying to position Rory into a conflict with GSP, or to put him in place to fight someone for a vacated title while Georges moves up.

In the end I am going to finally get to see GSP beat Nick Diaz and hopefully shut that guy up. I am sorry that Hendricks is the collateral damage for that to happen but he really could use the time to his advantage if used the right PR person. His comments recently did not do much to sway fans to his cause.

As I have said before; I liked Johny Hendricks until he opened his mouth.

Johny, go and find a good PR person before you alienate yourself from too many fans to ever get them back, or go full on heel/asshole and make them hate you so much they will pay just to see you get your ass kicked.

I feel like GSP used this to dissipate the Silva fight-hype. Because he knows this fight is a fan favorite, he wants all the talk surrounding it to make people forget about that other fight. A Hendricks fight would have made it more easy to criticize. It's honestly a bit weird.

And yes, Diaz is the bigger money fight, obviously. The hype will be big. But Nick does NOT deserve it.

Not too far-fetched. I think he saw a bigger fight, bigger payday. No brainer there.

Condit can say whatever he wants, he's fighting Rory next and Condit will be TKO'd brutally since Rory is out for revenge. Hendricks can't get past Ellenberger.

Back