Condit: "I think Hendricks deserves the shot." On Rory's Challenge: "A Bit Odd"

GSP requested Diaz so I think he could place some of the blame on him.

yep some of the blame goes to him, since he did put a bigger money fight than hendricks on the table after saying no to the biggest money fight vs silva.

seems pretty obvious

people now know to separate the logical conclusion from the promoter's conclusion

and i think people have stopped listening to dana as a guy who 'keeps it real' and realize now that hes only a promoter and not to take what he says too seriously when it comes to decisions the promtions makes - he has his own interests

so carlos laid it out in a way that most anyone would agree

UFC said Nick Diaz was worthy of the title shot when he beat BJ Penn. Whether he lost a decision to Condit is irrelevant, given he was already declared worthy of a title shot without needing to beat Condit in the first place.

GSP and Diaz have been around the UFC for close to 10 years. These two could have fought nearly 10 years ago when they were both pups in the sport. Now this match up has came together, and it's long over due. It's about as long over due a fight as any match up in WW division history, regardless of what anyone says about the more momentum for the moment Hendricks may have.

Obviously, yes.

I feel like I only see that creepy photo of Hendricks when it's involved in a Hendrick-oriented debate. Also, it's just strange seeing such obsessive fandom for a guy who is relatively new to the upper echelon and will probably be rendered irrelevant once he faces St-Pierre.

GSP requested Diaz so I think he could place some of the blame on him.

Yeah, but Dana has the final say and he knows the Diaz fight will sell more PPV's. At the end of the day, it's Dana's call. Blame should be placed there.

He may be right, Hendricks vs. Ellenberger will be a barn burner though. Somebody is getting ktfo.

I'll care what Johny thinks right about the time he starts to spell his own name right...

I feel like I only see that creepy photo of Hendricks when it's involved in a Hendrick-oriented debate. Also, it's just strange seeing such obsessive fandom for a guy who is relatively new to the upper echelon and will probably be rendered irrelevant once he faces St-Pierre.

Maybe read some more threads?

Anyone who has a brain and is not a Nick Diaz fan knows that Hendricks deserves the title shot, but its not happening so whats the point of bitching about it.

I'm a Diaz fan and I still think Hendricks deserves it more.

He was the man, the next big thing. I think he thinks it's his destiny to be the champion, and I went in there and smashed that dream.
His arrogance is unjustified. The dream is still very much alive Carlo.

The only reason Conduit was awarded the W was that terrible referee's decision to stop that fight with 5 seconds to go. It would have either been a UD for Macdonald or a draw.

Can't wait for Ares to put the Conduit in his rightful place, below him.

Yeah, but Dana has the final say and he knows the Diaz fight will sell more PPV's. At the end of the day, it's Dana's call. Blame should be placed there.

Hence the fact I said some of the blame goes to GSP. Not all.

lol.

Diaz coming off a loss trumps a guy who just beat Fitch, Koscheck, and Kampmann?

Get out of here.

haha this is very obvious but some just don't get it.

His arrogance is unjustified. The dream is still very much alive Carlo.

The only reason Conduit was awarded the W was that terrible referee's decision to stop that fight with 5 seconds to go. It would have either been a UD for Macdonald or a draw.

Can't wait for Ares to put the Conduit in his rightful place, below him.

Yes, totally. The dude beat a just turned 20 year old in his 2nd UFC fight. Carlos had about 30 pro fights under his belt. It was about as puzzling a match up as one could come up with, but as it turned out Rory was game as fuck, proved to be the real deal, though stopped, the stoppage remains questionable at best. Certainly no dream was smashed for Rory, as his dream is much more alive than Condit's dream is.

Back