Condit: "I think Hendricks deserves the shot." On Rory's Challenge: "A Bit Odd"

Probably was an exaggeration but if he had beaten Condit (which I think he did), but if he had got the decision everyone would be so hyped for the fight. The judges phucked up so people are saying it's not much of a big deal anymore because his last fight was 'technically' a loss. People are forgetting we, as MMA fans, have been waiting for this fight for like 3 years+. It's finally happening.. and it will be awesome.

Wasn't there a poll here that had like 75% of people thinking Condit won?

The majority of people scored it for Condit but Nick has some very vocal fans so it seems "controversial".

And people have been waiting for this fight for like 3 years? Who? Nick has one of the less impressive resumes out of GSPs opponents

Nightmare scenario for Hendricks must be if he beats Ellenberger and Diaz beats GSP - you know they're going to do GSP-Diaz II and Hendricks will have to either wait another year or fight the remaining Top 10 guys (Condit, Rory, etc).

#1 - Condit still has a lot more fight experience than Rory. If he beats him again, are Rory fans going to be begging for another rematch 2-3 years down the road, using the excuse that Rory was still too green in the 2nd fight?

#2 - Rory said the stoppage was fine. What's not questionable is that he was getting beat up badly. How much time is remaining on the clock should not be something the ref takes into consideration, EVER.

Its just like when NFL or NBA analysts say that its unfair to call certain fouls/penalties in the final minutes of a close game. Consistency is what makes for good refereeing. If its a foul, it should be called a foul, no matter when its done or who does it. Likewise, the ref should call a TKO when he feels the losing fighter is not defending himself anymore, even if only 1 second is left in the fight.

#3 - Rory's dream is not currently any more alive than Condit's. Rory refuses to fight GSP, and nobody is beating GSP for the belt anytime soon. Thus, Rory has recently talked about moving up to MW, but he might end up being undersized for MW. Who knows how the move might affect his performance? Even if he performs well, he's not capable of beating Anderson, and Anderson is staying put for a few more years (if Dana's mention of a new contract is to be believed).

1) Yes, Condit still has more fight experience than Rory. Hell, Condit had more fight experience than GSP. While amount of fights means something, it is not a sole determining factor. However it meant more against a just truned 20 year old, 2 fights into his UFC career than it would mean today, with Rory now 23, and inarguably much more matured in both his development phsycically, but as well his overall skill set and experinece level. I don't think anyone will be begging for a rematch with Condit 2-3 years down the road. Look, Rory has put this on himself. He's called for it, he feels he's ready for it. There is no excuses if he loses. Condit will be the better man. It's actually much better that this rematch will happen now than 2-3 years down the road when Rory is really in his prime, and Condit is pretty much irrelevant or passed his prime. Condit is still really in his prime now. Rory is really just beginning his. It's more fair to Condit now anyways. if 2-3 years Rory is chasing a rematch with Condit, it will demonstrate that his career really did not pan out as hoped. In 2-3 years, Rory will be doing much more important things than chasing rematches with Condit. Need not worry about that.

2) Rory said the stoppage was fine because he was being humble and gracious in defeat. But since you believe what he said that night carries so much weight, how come him stating how much more ready he is for the rematch carries no weight? his words carrry weight when they are convenient to your side, but if he says something that clashes with your opinion, see how little weight his words carry. So don't even waste my time with that bullshit post fight interview nonsense.

What is not questionable, is that Rory was in no worse a spot with 30 seconds on the clock than he was with 7 seconds on the clock. What is not questioable is a completely conscious man with 2 winning rounds under his belt was stopped with 7 seconds on the clock. If you consider that reffing to be consistent that is so uttely retarded, it's not even funny. If that ref could have stopped that fight with 7 seconds left, he could have easily done it with 20 or 30 seconds left. He didn't. He let him get pounded on for as long as he could, only to pull the plug with 7 seconds. That's consistent reffing to you? that's horseshit. If Rory was in that bad a spot than the fight should have been called way sooner. It's either attrocious reffing that the ref let Rory take that long of a beating, or attrocious reffing that the ref called a TKO to a completely conscious man after letting him take that long of a beating, only to call the fight with 7 seconds. Either way it was attrocious reffing. So maybe you are right about it being consistent. Consistently attrocious.

3) Rory's dream is much more currently alive. GSP is not going to fight another 7 years. in 7 years Rory will be 30 and potentially at the top of his game unless some unforseen career changing injury of some sort happens that destroys his career potential, but not factoring that in, 7 years GSP will be out of the picture, probably long out of the picture, and Condit will be pushing his mid to late 30's himself, and either retired or washed up. GSP will not be fighting that much longer. That's why he has gone for the Diaz fight. It means more to him than Johny Hendricks. GSP wants to get the big fights at WW out of the way to be fulfilled with his WW achievements. He will then take the Anderson super fight and retire. Once he goes for that, or to MW, he's not turning back. Rory Mac will be WW champion within 3 years tops.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a poll here that had like 75% of people thinking Condit won?

The majority of people scored it for Condit but Nick has some very vocal fans so it seems "controversial".

And people have been waiting for this fight for like 3 years? Who? Nick has one of the less impressive resumes out of GSPs opponents
Although i disagree with the UFC's timing of making this fight i do think Diaz resume is more deserving of his title shot than Kos, Fitch, and Hardy when they fought GSP. Despite him losing a close decision his last fight

He didn't say Rory was odd he referred to him calling Condit out odd.

and holy fuck these Hendricks fans need to get something new to talk about. He'll get his shot to get owned within 6-7 months and then you can find something new to bitch about.

Try following your favorite for 9+ years waiting for a title shot.

i dont even like Johnny boy but he deserves it more than pretty much anybody who challenged GSP

I feel like I only see that creepy photo of Hendricks when it's involved in a Hendrick-oriented debate. Also, it's just strange seeing such obsessive fandom for a guy who is relatively new to the upper echelon and will probably be rendered irrelevant once he faces St-Pierre.

Probably right but...dude...harsh.

Exactly, sorry for posting an article..

Come off it, you know exactly what he's talking about. You're the willin of Hendricks.

Carlos gains my respect more and more with each passing day.

Aaaaand this. He keeps saying sensible things and working (no pun intended) other title challengers and I may end up becoming a fan.

UFC said Nick Diaz was worthy of the title shot when he beat BJ Penn. Whether he lost a decision to Condit is irrelevant, given he was already declared worthy of a title shot without needing to beat Condit in the first place.

GSP and Diaz have been around the UFC for close to 10 years. These two could have fought nearly 10 years ago when they were both pups in the sport. Now this match up has came together, and it's long over due. It's about as long over due a fight as any match up in WW division history, regardless of what anyone says about the more momentum for the moment Hendricks may have.

Don't act like Nick has actually been in the UFC the whole time when he got booted after losing 3 in a row. This match isn't long overdue like a Chuck vs Wanderlei or Randy vs Fedor if you will. It's just two welterweights who were in the UFC at the same time but then one kept losing and has finally done enough to come back and has challenged for the belt (barely).

Don't act like Nick has actually been in the UFC the whole time when he got booted after losing 3 in a row. This match isn't long overdue like a Chuck vs Wanderlei or Randy vs Fedor if you will. It's just two welterweights who were in the UFC at the same time but then one kept losing and has finally done enough to come back and has challenged for the belt (barely).

lol at talking about fights from 8 years ago. Only Diaz haters do it. thats it. Fights he was competetive in as a 20 year old against top contender wrestlers... as a purple belt. Thanks for that insight.

He just took rounds off the guy that fought for the title.. a guy that was GSP's biggest challenge.
I guess Hardy, Kos, Fitch, old Hughes are better "fighters" even though they couldn't finish a ham sandwich.
Yeah, what a gross injustice Diaz gets a shot.

It's no Anderson vs Bonnar or JDS vs Mir either but I guess it will have to do.

Rory's ego may get the better of him. Get to be champ before worrying about payback fights. He can't accept that a guy beat him, which seems to be some sort of ego problem, like he can't live with himself if someone got the better of him, which is funny because people say he reminds them of a serial killer. And those guys are known for holding intense grudges over someone who humiliated them years before. I wonder if Rory has a list of names of people who messed with him as a kid.

Is it wrong to want to avenge a loss?

Edit: To post above me yes I'm talking about the past because this guy said this has been a fight long overdue since then. Read the post I'm actually referring to. And who are you referring to that Diaz took rounds off of? Condit? Penn? GSP dominated both of them and I'm a Condit fan.

Of course he's not going to support Diaz getting a shot, because it highlights the fact that no one whose opinion matters really thought he "beat" Diaz. That's why so many "Condit fans"/Diaz haters are crying.

Which is clearly why people have refused to let this go for nearly a year about how Condit was a big fat runner***** and Diaz is the true uncrowned god-king of forever, yes?

He didn't say Rory was odd he referred to him calling Condit out odd.

and holy fuck these Hendricks fans need to get something new to talk about. He'll get his shot to get owned within 6-7 months and then you can find something new to bitch about.

Try following your favorite for 9+ years waiting for a title shot.

It was on the front page of MMA Junkie. Didn't see a thread about it. I tried to not make it all about Hendricks so I through the Rory bit in. I changed the title accordingly.

GSP could have said he wanted to fight Hendricks

but he didn't because he wanted the easier fight

The easier fight would have been taking the one trick poney Johny "I was out wrestled by Rick Story? Hendrick

What is not questionable, is that Rory was in no worse a spot with 30 seconds on the clock than he was with 7 seconds on the clock. What is not questioable is a completely conscious man with 2 winning rounds under his belt was stopped with 7 seconds on the clock. If you consider that reffing to be consistent that is so uttely retarded, it's not even funny. If that ref could have stopped that fight with 7 seconds left, he could have easily done it with 20 or 30 seconds left. He didn't. He let him get pounded on for as long as he could, only to pull the plug with 7 seconds. That's consistent reffing to you? that's horseshit. If Rory was in that bad a spot than the fight should have been called way sooner. It's either attrocious reffing that the ref let Rory take that long of a beating, or attrocious reffing that the ref called a TKO to a completely conscious man after letting him take that long of a beating, only to call the fight with 7 seconds. Either way it was attrocious reffing. So maybe you are right about it being consistent. Consistently attrocious.

Better to see the loser robbed by a ref than to see a winner robbed by the rules. Because rory got his butt kicked for sure.

Champions shouldn't have a choice who he is fighting. No matter how long he's been champion.

lol at talking about fights from 8 years ago. Only Diaz haters do it. thats it. Fights he was competetive in as a 20 year old against top contender wrestlers... as a purple belt. Thanks for that insight.

He just took rounds off the guy that fought for the title.. a guy that was GSP's biggest challenge.
I guess Hardy, Kos, Fitch, old Hughes are better "fighters" even though they couldn't finish a ham sandwich.
Yeah, what a gross injustice Diaz gets a shot.

It's no Anderson vs Bonnar or JDS vs Mir either but I guess it will have to do.

This all day.. And people are saying they want GSP/Hendricks as if anyone cared about that prior to 154..

UFC said Nick Diaz was worthy of the title shot when he beat BJ Penn. Whether he lost a decision to Condit is irrelevant, given he was already declared worthy of a title shot without needing to beat Condit in the first place.

GSP and Diaz have been around the UFC for close to 10 years. These two could have fought nearly 10 years ago when they were both pups in the sport. Now this match up has came together, and it's long over due. It's about as long over due a fight as any match up in WW division history, regardless of what anyone says about the more momentum for the moment Hendricks may have.
That would be like Erik Koch getting a title shot over Korean Zombie after losing to Ricardo Lamas.

Back