Condit: "I think Hendricks deserves the shot." On Rory's Challenge: "A Bit Odd"

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"Honestly, I think [Johny] Hendricks deserves the shot," said Condit. "He does. He's been on a tear, knocking everybody out. He deserves the shot. But I can see from a marketing standpoint, it's a big fight."

Here he talks about Rory

"I think it's probably the way that he lost. He was undefeated at that point. He was the man, the next big thing. I think he thinks it's his destiny to be the champion, and I went in there and smashed that dream. So I can see it. But it's a little bit odd, I think."

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/...ds-ufc-158-challenge-even-if-a-little-bit-odd

he got next (if he can beat ellenberger, and he can't, it's kind of moot)

Well if he says Nick deserves it he would pretty much be saying Nick won or at least had a draw with him, so.....not surprising.

he should have said "knocking out everybody.......or looking lackluster when he couldn't knock them out".

Hendricks deserved it indeed, but Hendricks should blame Dana and the UFC not GSP.

"But it's a little bit odd, I think" LOL Condit is a cool dude

Johnny doesn't deserve anything. Who has he beat? nobody is the answer

Lol, Well he did beat Fitch #2 WW on every site, then Koscheck (top 5), and Kampmann (top 7). And those are just his last 3 fights. How many CAREER top ten wins does Nick have? Use some logic and get those nuts out of your face.

Johnny doesn't deserve anything. Who has he beat? nobody is the answer

lol.

Diaz coming off a loss trumps a guy who just beat Fitch, Koscheck, and Kampmann?

Get out of here.

Well if he says Nick deserves it he would pretty much be saying Nick won or at least had a draw with him, so.....not surprising.

Yeah, except anybody with a brain knows that Diaz doesn't deserve it to begin with, so Carlos doesn't need to even think about admitting anything. He's just speaking the troof.

the ts's fanboyism is disturbing

I agree with him but it's not a huge deal. If he wins his next fight, especially if it's by KO, then he should get his shot, even if it is a little late in a lot of fans' minds. Just keep winning and it can't be denied.

I also like what Condit had to say about Rory calling him out:

"I think the whole thing was pretty, I don't know, the tone of it made it seem like I had wronged him," Condit said. "Like I did something wrong. I was just doing what the hell I'm supposed to do."

He did admit that he was kind of expecting it. That will be a very good fight.

The division has a lot of good matchups that can be made. It's looking good.

Anyone who has a brain and is not a Nick Diaz fan knows that Hendricks deserves the title shot, but its not happening so whats the point of bitching about it.

Back