Condit: "I think Hendricks deserves the shot." On Rory's Challenge: "A Bit Odd"

Anyone who has a brain and is not a Nick Diaz fan knows that Hendricks deserves the title shot, but its not happening so whats the point of bitching about it.

Wish the whole forum had this sort of mentality when it comes to these "should be" title shots.

Condit is one of the most down-to-earth, logical, reasonable guys in MMA. Love his interviews. Classy.

It's pretty funny, by Condit saying that Diaz doesn't deserve the shot he's essentially saying he didn't deserve the shot either. since he couldn't decisively beat Diaz and was so scared of him he chose to avoid the fight.

Condit's going to be singing a different tune when Diaz beats GSP. He'll be asking for a rematch and saying, "this time it really will be a dogfight, I swear!"

It's odd that a guy wants to avenge a loss?

how is calling out one of the top 5 in the division "a bit odd"?

Condit seems like a smart level headed individual.

He accepted a fight with Jake Elleneberger. Seems like the "whining" is over.

It ain't over.
He had no choice.
Hope jake smashes johny.

And hey it looks like I got what I wanted. :) GSP vs Diaz.
Damn! Hahhahaha

Although against jake
Johny prolly win a "split" decision ;)

I, of course, wont watch it but will comment about like I have later on Down the road

That's funny that Condit supports the guy who didn't call him a baby leg kick bitch. Totally unbiased. Condit wouldn't have even fought GSP if Diaz didn't get stung with that marijuana charge, he would have won the rematch. But oh well.

Ellenberger is probably going to beat Hendricks. The Hendricks vs Kos fight I thought it was clear Koschecks won, if you take away that "win" he's on a one fight win streak, not worthy of GSP. Look at the way GSP dominated Koschecks vs what Koschecks did to Hendricks. There is no challenge for GSP there.

Hendricks may deserve a shot more than Diaz but Diaz pose more of a threat to GSP.

but Diaz pose more of a threat to GSP.

And your point is?

Hendricks is the rightful #1 contender. Nothing else should factor into the equation.

I feel terrible for Hendricks. All the work he put in to getting to where he is, just to have it taken away from him. There's nothing okay about the decision and I've lost a fair amount of respect for GSP over this.

And your point is?

Hendricks is the rightful #1 contender. Nothing else should factor into the equation.

I feel terrible for Hendricks. All the work he put in to getting to where he is, just to have it taken away from him. There's nothing okay about the decision and I've lost a fair amount of respect for GSP over this.

It is a business, pretty much that is it. If Johny is good enough, he will eventually get his shot.

Can't say I disagree. But Johnny has to tone down the whining and just wait his turn

he didn't even whine much considering the ufc completely shat all over his dreams and gave his well deserved title shot to a guy coming of a loss and a suspension

Hendricks is going to smash Ellenberger so there's nothing to worry about. Then he'll have more momentum going into his titleshot than like any contender GSP has faced.

Surprised he didn't call Hendricks a whiner. Dude has been doing a lot of that lately.

He accepted a fight with Jake Elleneberger. Seems like the "whining" is over.

I didn't think he was whining, but I'm happy to hear him accept the Ellenberger fight even though I think it's beneath him in terms of Ellenberger's ranking. Hopefully he goes in there and ko's him though.

Back