Condit has 3 losses out of his last 5 and most recently beat #12 ranked Alves

How do you earn a title shot?

Don't say beating ranked opponents because rankings don't matter, because you can lose your previous fight or come from another division, and get a TS.

Its a mystery. I guess one of the routes to earning a title shot is losing 3 out of your last 5 fights and being able to beat the #12 ranked fighter in your last attempt huh?

you're right TS. horrible fight that will end in lay and pray

Do you want a possible repeat performance from Johny and Robbie? (Referring to the second fight)

Condit is always fireworks, Lalwer is always fireworks, what's 2+2?

So when it comes to fighters the fans like, it doesn't matter if the title fight has been earned or not? I guess ya'll only get mad about that when it benefits fighters you don't like. I'm starting to see why the UFC can get away with this bs cause the fans don't care.
It does matter, like if say, they gave Colby Covington a title shot. But they didn't. They gave it to Carlos fucking Condit. A top 10 welterweight who has fought for and held major titles. Stop whining about great matchups.

Rankings don't matter

Gus got a TS off of a loss

Nick Diaz got a TS off of a loss IN THE SAME DIVISION

Nothing that you think matters or justifies title shots, actually matters or is justification.

Watch the fights and STFU

I was with you until your last line, then you revealed yourself as a Condit nut-hugger.

I'm glad the UFC isn't rushing to make the rubber match with Lawler/Hendricks. After their second fight, I'm sure the UFC doesn't want to see Hendricks try to lay around again and are looking to make a more EXCITING match up and Condit is the right guy for the job.

They aren't rushing the rubber match between Hendricks and Robbie. They gave Hendricks a fight and he beat Matt Brown, which is a much greater achievement than beating Thiago Alves. Robbie also had a fight since vs Rory.

The last fight vs Robbie was super close. Hendricks deserves the rubber match.

I ve found people that hate on Condit are some of the lowest form around here. Just an observation .

It's because their styles match up well and has potential to be well worth it's PPV money. Plus, TWood needed a top contender and he got it with Hendricks. I'd rather see TWood vs Johnny and Condit vs Lawler; so we don't get Lawler/Hendricks III so close together.

It does matter, like if say, they gave Colby Covington a title shot. But they didn't. They gave it to Carlos fucking Condit. A top 10 welterweight who has fought for and held major titles. Stop whining about great matchups.

Giving the title shot to Woodley would have made more sense than giving it to Condit and Woodleys in the top 10. I'm not saying they should've given it to Woodley just proving that there are other WW's that are more deserving than Condit.

They aren't rushing the rubber match between Hendricks and Robbie. They gave Hendricks a fight and he beat Matt Brown, which is a much greater achievement than beating Thiago Alves. Robbie also had a fight since vs Rory.

If you want to get technical about it, Robbie had to face two opponents before earning his rematch. If Johny wants to face Robbie again, he can do the same.

It's because their styles match up well and has potential to be well worth it's PPV money. Plus, TWood needed a top contender and he got it with Hendricks. I'd rather see TWood vs Johnny and Condit vs Lawler; so we don't get Lawler/Hendricks III so close together.

Why in your mind did Twodd need a top contender fight but its ok that Condit coasts to a title fight by beating Alves? Don't you think Condit needs a top contender fight?

I've seen not one thread saying Condit deserves his shot, and I agree. However, it will be the most exciting fight, out of any Top 5 candidates. Plus, Condit is my #1, so I don't care, at all. If he beats the champion, he IS the champion.

If you want to get technical about it, Robbie had to face two opponents before earning his rematch. If Johny wants to face Robbie again, he can do the same.

Johnny is Lawlers kryptonite though

His losses come from an injury against Woodley

A close decision loss to the champ Hendricks ( I thought he won)

And a loss to GSP. An arguable goat, of whom, he almost ko'd with a high kick.

I have to shake my head everytime somebody questions Condit's abilities based on his recent record. The dude is a beast and deserves to be at the top of the division. The ufc actually knows what's up in this case, as opposed to a bunch of finger happy shertards.

And condit should get the title shot by beating Alves (ranked #12)? Johnny was the fighter that very nearly beat GSP. Robbie earned his rematch with Hendricks by beating Matt Brown, the same fighter that Johnny just beat.

Hendricks deserves the title shot way more than Condit, bottom line.

Lawler hasn't fought again since the Rory fight, unless I'm misinterpreting what you are saying.

Also the Hendricks-Lawler II was close but Hendricks looked gassed and is why he lost. It wasn't a great showing by Hendricks and honestly neither was the Brown fight. he hasn't looked good, and seemed a combination of gun shy and drained.

It will put butts in seats - most importantly mine!:)

Back