Condit has 3 losses out of his last 5 and most recently beat #12 ranked Alves

His losses come from an injury against Woodley

A close decision loss to the champ Hendricks ( I thought he won)

And a loss to GSP. An arguable goat, of whom, he almost ko'd with a high kick.

I have to shake my head everytime somebody questions Condit's abilities based on his recent record. The dude is a beast and deserves to be at the top of the division. The ufc actually knows what's up in this case, as opposed to a bunch of finger happy shertards.

He lost to Woodley so why isn't Woodley getting the title shot? Condits last win was against #12 ranked Alves. No one is questioning is abilities, just whether he's earned a title shot or not which he hasnt. If anything, he should be fighting Woodley again.

Yea Eff rankings and fighters earning title shots based on merit. who cares right?

It would be great if they did but the UFC is clearly in the entertainment business not the sport business. They almost never give shots based on merit.

Condit has a huge story on the WW division, I dunno why people are so upset with his choice, it will probably be a good fight, sooner or later they would have to fight. Lot better than Lawler vs Hendricks 3, i'm bored with rematches

I hate when people pick an arbitrary amount of fights from someone's record and paints it like " He's loss 3 out of his last 5, or you could say he is 7-3 in his last 10

It could be painted in any way to fit your argument.

Lawler hasn't fought again since the Rory fight, unless I'm misinterpreting what you are saying.

Also the Hendricks-Lawler II was close but Hendricks looked gassed and is why he lost. It wasn't a great showing by Hendricks and honestly neither was the Brown fight. he hasn't looked good, and seemed a combination of gun shy and drained.

He dominated Brown and both of the Hendricks vs Lawler fights were fantastic. Anyways, none of this explains why Condit has earned a title shot? If not Hendricks then it should've been Woodley. Condit should fight a top ranked fighter first.

Why in your mind did Twodd need a top contender fight but its ok that Condit coasts to a title fight by beating Alves? Don't you think Condit needs a top contender fight?

Because the 170 division needs exciting fights right now. Most fans don't want to see Lawler/Hendricks III at this point in time. Condit's style is a bigger threat then what Rory's was and that fight can most likely earn it's PPV money. Hendricks vs TWood is a very interesting fight, and their styles match up well too. Plus I doubt anyone would rather want to see Condit/Wood II over him fighting Robbie, title or no title.

And condit should get the title shot by beating Alves (ranked #12)? Johnny was the fighter that very nearly beat GSP. Robbie earned his rematch with Hendricks by beating Matt Brown, the same fighter that Johnny just beat.

Hendricks deserves the title shot way more than Condit, bottom line.

No, Robbie earned his rematch by beating Matt Brown AND Jake Ellenberger, he earned his right to a rematch and Hendricks will do the same if he can get past Woodley. You can still complain about this if you want, the rest of us will be enjoying the war between Robbie and Carlos.

I hate when people pick an arbitrary amount of fights from someone's record and paints it like " He's loss 3 out of his last 5, or you could say he is 7-3 in his last 10

It could be painted in any way to fit your argument.

His last win was vs #12 ranked Alves and before that he lost to Woodley. Is that factual enough for you? Why does Condit get a title shot by beating the #12 ranked fighter?

No, Robbie earned his rematch by beating Matt Brown AND Jake Ellenberger, he earned his right to a rematch and Hendricks will do the same if he can get past Woodley. You can still complain about this if you want, the rest of us will be enjoying the war between Robbie and Carlos.

Naw thats a stupid argument. Hendricks has earned his rubber match by having a razor thin match with lawler than dominating Matt Brown.

You still haven't explained how Condit has earned the title shot. Please explain that.

This person makes sense.

Naw thats a stupid argument. Hendricks has earned his rubber match by having a razor thin match with lawler than dominating Matt Brown.

You still haven't explained how Condit has earned the title shot. Please explain that.

Styles make fights, man.

Condit has a huge story on the WW division, I dunno why people are so upset with his choice, it will probably be a good fight, sooner or later they would have to fight. Lot better than Lawler vs Hendricks 3, i'm bored with rematches

Woodley is more deserving of the title shot than Condit.

Condit definitely banged TS mom.... I'm convinced now... Is she hot?

It will be fun.

Rankings don't matter

Gus got a TS off of a loss

Nick Diaz got a TS off of a loss IN THE SAME DIVISION

Nothing that you think matters or justifies title shots, actually matters or is justification.

Watch the fights and STFU

If you don't get excited hearing Carlos Condit is fighting Robbie Lawler then maybe you should stop watching MMA. Regardless of how/why it's happening, who cares. This could be the greatest fight ever.
The fight is between two men that would probably have killed each other in hand to hand combat in ancient times.

Good enough for you?

Conit-Lawler is bringing Sherdog together. It's beautiful.

63c85e85-dac4-42de-8906-aa7be1f1ac7a.gif

Back