Condit has 3 losses out of his last 5 and most recently beat #12 ranked Alves

The brass got the memo that the only people interested in seeing a hendricks trilogy fight are his family members.

The only other real options is T Wood but why would you reward him for that gastelum fight?

So when it comes to fighters the fans like, it doesn't matter if the title fight has been earned or not? I guess ya'll only get mad about that when it benefits fighters you don't like. I'm starting to see why the UFC can get away with this bs cause the fans don't care.

This Lawler, Condit Buulllllshit has to stop.

Thank god for injuries.

...I hatecha

Its the fight game, there is more to the title shot criteria then just win/loss and competition

If you don't get excited hearing Carlos Condit is fighting Robbie Lawler then maybe you should stop watching MMA. Regardless of how/why it's happening, who cares. This could be the greatest fight ever.

Yep. I don't need anymore justification other than it's going to be an amazing fight.

And Im still glad hes getting the title shot and Im rooting for him. Suck it.

I hope this fight is rescheduled. Or is Carlos fighting someone else?

Well unfortunately for Condit he certainly isn't in a position to sit around and wait for a title shot

Unless they just push the fight back to December or January he needs to fight again, he still has time to take a fight and meet Robbie in his return

It will be a great fight but I think Condit still needs another one. I dont think he looked as good as he used to before his injury

If you don't get excited hearing Carlos Condit is fighting Robbie Lawler then maybe you should stop watching MMA. Regardless of how/why it's happening, who cares. This could be the greatest fight ever.

It's also how people lose that matters. Condit didn't really lose to Woodley, he got injured. though technically speaking, it's a loss, but he wasn't beaten. And against gsp, condit had him badly hurt. Losing a fairly close fight to a guy that just kept laying on you the whole time, does that really matter?

Well unfortunately for Condit he certainly isn't in a position to sit around and wait for a title shot

Unless they just push the fight back to December or January he needs to fight again, he still has time to take a fight and meet Robbie in his return

True. Maia is calling out Carlos despite being out with horrible staph infection, might be good to make that match up if Carlos doesn't want to wait.

Probably like Gus it'll be his last chance in a long time.

no one want Lawler vs Hendricks again

Condit doens't deserve it, but Diaz was a way worse situation

They aren't rushing the rubber match between Hendricks and Robbie. They gave Hendricks a fight and he beat Matt Brown, which is a much greater achievement than beating Thiago Alves. Robbie also had a fight since vs Rory.

The last fight vs Robbie was super close. Hendricks deserves the rubber match.

Well, I never said that Hendricks didn't deserve the fight or that Condit deserves the fight more or anything. I'm just glad they're giving it to somebody else and aren't deciding to make the rubber match so quickly.

I'm glad the UFC is making Lawler vs. Condit instead of Lawler vs. Hendricks 3. Stylistically, it's a far more intriguing, as well as exciting match up. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC is choosing to make this fight instead because of what Hendricks did in the rematch with Lawler, and also because he wasn't all that entertaining against Matt Brown, either.

Lawler also had to win two fights in order to get a rematch with Hendricks, one of those wins were against Brown, too, as we all know. I know the second fight with Hendricks was very close and a lot of people believe Hendricks deserved the decision (Lawler won that shit), but it would be nice if Johny had to get two wins just like Lawler had to get two wins to get a rematch, no matter if the first fight wasn't as close as the second fight or not.

If Hendricks was more exciting than he was in the second fight, I bet he would've been given a rematch instead of Condit getting the fight. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. The UFC probably wanted to give Condit the fight instead because he's just so much more entertaining - Lawler/Condit is pretty much guaranteed fireworks, and also the fact that Hendricks wasn't very entertaining in the 2nd fight, as well as his win over Brown.

don't be a closed minded guy

carlos has more than 5 fights in the UFC and has stepped up on many occasions

REMEMBER he was promised a title fight, and agreed to step down and let DIAZ have his title shot because Dana wanted to make money.

He played ball for the company, and now they're scratching his back..

He's proven and he totally deserves this title shot right now

others will have their chance soon enough

don't be a closed minded guy

carlos has more than 5 fights in the UFC and has stepped up on many occasions

REMEMBER he was promised a title fight, and agreed to step down and let DIAZ have his title shot because Dana wanted to make money.

He played ball for the company, and now they're scratching his back..

He's proven and he totally deserves this title shot right now

others will have their chance soon enough

Makes a lot of sense.

Nevertheless, Lawler vs Condit will be very interesting and fun to watch.

It's also how people lose that matters. Condit didn't really lose to Woodley, he got injured. though technically speaking, it's a loss, but he wasn't beaten. And against gsp, condit had him badly hurt. Losing a fairly close fight to a guy that just kept laying on you the whole time, does that really matter?

Condit legitimately lost to Woodley. Woodley was winning the entire fight striking and on the ground before Condit's injury.

Condit legitimately lost to Woodley. Woodley was winning the entire fight striking and on the ground before Condit's injury.

TWood won that fight without a doubt and beat up Condit a bit. His loss to Rory knocked him back down to earth.

Back