Condit has 3 losses out of his last 5 and most recently beat #12 ranked Alves

Rankings don't matter

Gus got a TS off of a loss

Nick Diaz got a TS off of a loss IN THE SAME DIVISION

Nothing that you think matters or justifies title shots, actually matters or is justification.

Watch the fights and STFU

If you don't get excited hearing Carlos Condit is fighting Robbie Lawler then maybe you should stop watching MMA. Regardless of how/why it's happening, who cares. This could be the greatest fight ever.

So how do you justify this guys title shot?

The fight is between two men that would probably have killed each other in hand to hand combat in ancient times.

Good enough for you?

2 of those losses went to a decision, and he has fought mainly the top guys in his weight class for the last 5 years.

If you don't get excited hearing Carlos Condit is fighting Robbie Lawler then maybe you should stop watching MMA. Regardless of how/why it's happening, who cares. This could be the greatest fight ever.

Sounds about right to me

It's a fun matchup, Lawler already beat everyone else in the top 5 apart from Woodley, two of Condit's losses are to recent former champions, Condit is also former Interim champ.

I could see an argument for Woodley over Condit, but I'm fine either way and I prefer Hendricks v Woodley over Hendricks v Condit 2.

UFC wants people to pay for PPV
Lawler vs Condit now > Hendricks/Woodley winner > Hendricks or Woodley now

So when it comes to fighters the fans like, it doesn't matter if the title fight has been earned or not? I guess ya'll only get mad about that when it benefits fighters you don't like. I'm starting to see why the UFC can get away with this bs cause the fans don't care.

Rankings don't matter

Gus got a TS off of a loss

Nick Diaz got a TS off of a loss IN THE SAME DIVISION

Nothing that you think matters or justifies title shots, actually matters or is justification.

Watch the fights and STFU

Love it.

I hope this fight is rescheduled. Or is Carlos fighting someone else?

He was impressive in that 'loss' to Frankie Hendricks and that weird low kick TKO was a freak occurrence. Just let him bang.

So when it comes to fighters the fans like, it doesn't matter if the title fight has been earned or not? I guess ya'll only get mad about that when it benefits fighters you don't like. I'm starting to see why the UFC can get away with this bs cause the fans don't care.

How do you earn a title shot?

Don't say beating ranked opponents because rankings don't matter, because you can lose your previous fight or come from another division, and get a TS.

I'm glad the UFC isn't rushing to make the rubber match with Lawler/Hendricks. After their second fight, I'm sure the UFC doesn't want to see Hendricks try to lay around again and are looking to make a more EXCITING match up and Condit is the right guy for the job.

Back