Condit-Diaz Resoloution

Workaholic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Sherdog!
In light of this beautiful day being defiled by more argument threads over Diaz vs Condit and which fighter should have been given the decision I would just like to present my opinion of the course of events. We all know that after this fight ended Nick Diaz received a year long suspension for testing positive for marijuana (not something I agree with but that's moot). Hypothetically let's say Nick Diaz was awarded a 48-47 (1,2,5) decision against Condit and won the interim belt. He would then have had the title stripped from him due to this positive test and received a year long suspension. Due to the close nature of the fight it is likely Uncle Dana would have rewarded Condit the next title shot which would have taken place the same time it did anyways ... November due to GSP's ACL recovery. Nick was still suspended at this time so the Condit fight would have made sense. Diaz likely would have then received a title shot upon coming back from suspension which would take place around the time that it is currently scheduled for.

So in my opinion the verdict of this fight and the arguments over who won are meaningless. Condit would have still fought and lost first and Diaz still would have fought second. For the sake of full exposure I will say I scored the fight 48-47 Condit but I would not have been upset had the decision gone the other way. It was a very close and controversial decision but it is my opinion that it was essentially a meaningless one due to Diaz's positive drug test and had Nick won the order of events would have been the exact same

If Diaz won and then tested positive, Hendricks would be the undisputed WW champion right now.

Also, you spelled resolution wrong. I thought you would like to know since this a forum, and these things matter.

If Diaz won and then tested positive, Hendricks would be the undisputed WW champion right now.
countlaugh.gif

That would require him to beat GSP so no he would not be
I noticed you added a little quip about my typo. It's ok I'll just leave the word here for you : resolution
Enjoy your trolling and have a very merry Christmas my friend!

Last edited:
Some fantastic points. One of the rumors though is that Nick smoked that night after the fight because he "retired" due to the "bad decision." Then he had to do the post fight piss test, and BAM. Suspension.
Though, like I said, this is a rumor. Not refuting your point, just giving another look on how things went. I also, at the time of watching the fight, thought Condit won the decision. It was super close though. That was why I was so bummed out about the suspension. They were going to do an immediate rematch, I believe, before the athletic commission released the results of the post fight drug test.

Hendricks would be the undisputed WW champion right now.

Hendricks would not have gotten the title shot after his close decision win to Koscheck. Kampman would've gotten it for sure, he had finished Alves and Ellenberger in his last 2 fights, and he's a bigger name.

Yes, it's pointless to argue. Having said that, Diaz won the fight.

Some fantastic points. One of the rumors though is that Nick smoked that night after the fight because he "retired" due to the "bad decision." Then he had to do the post fight piss test, and BAM. Suspension.
Though, like I said, this is a rumor. Not refuting your point, just giving another look on how things went. I also, at the time of watching the fight, thought Condit won the decision. It was super close though. That was why I was so bummed out about the suspension. They were going to do an immediate rematch, I believe, before the athletic commission released the results of the post fight drug test.
When do you think they administer a post-fight drug test?

I wonder why Condit didn't go for a takedown in the last 10 seconds of every round. Had he done that, he would've won the fight 50-45. Diaz is supposedly super easy to take down.

they should fight until Diaz has more wins than condit in unlimited rounds fights.

Also, you spelled resolution wrong. I thought you would like to know since this a forum, and these things matter.

Did GSP retire and the GSP - Condit fight was all a dream?

Did GSP retire and the GSP - Condit fight was all a dream?

I think the point being made is that Diaz probably would've gotten more crap from the UFC and Dana for his suspension if he won the interim title match and wouldn't have been in the conversation today for the title shot.

I wonder why Condit didn't go for a takedown in the last 10 seconds of every round. Had he done that, he would've won the fight 50-45. Diaz is supposedly super easy to take down.

haha cause he knows nicks levels above him on the ground, just watch round five when they go to the ground, that should explain why carlos didnt wanna take him down lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back