Completely lost interest in the UFC since...

I agree

Never used to miss an event, but now there are soo many events and their cards are so spread thin that I dont even bother watching 80% of the events.

This is my problem. I'm not losing interest but there are a lot of events that happen without me even knowing they barely advertise the FN.

Soccer is boring as hell btw.

Yeah this, in Murrica we give silly sports silly names.
Main reason why the rest of the world can't take Americans serious.

83139703.gif

Just kidding, we take America serious. Just not when it comes to sport. You tend to watch sports the rest of the world don't give a shit about and still call it the world series of baseball, haha. Biggest sport in the world, football. You make it American football which technically is just rugby with condoms on (rugby for wimps).

As for ts, don't watch. Log off and abandon your account.
I noticed about 50 percent here agreed with me. The other 50 percent tried bashing me. Don't shoot the messenger. This isn't Russia is it? Freedom of speech, B's. :D

I know I have been nagging and I know I've been stating the obvious. Sadly, biggest part of it is true in my books. I will always watch MMA (UFC, Bellator). Like Dana sometimes you have to be dramatic about things. And in all honesty, does the sport give you the same thrill as it did years ago? If you make a poll about that I think 90 percent will answer no.

The rules/judging criteria is what sucks about UFC.

ONE FC has the superior rule set. Hopefully it will take over in time.

Just kidding, we take America serious. Just not when it comes to sport. You tend to watch sports the rest of the world don't give a shit about and still call it the world series of baseball, haha. Biggest sport in the world, football. You make it American football which technically is just rugby with condoms on (rugby for wimps).

I hate when people say this. It's been proven football players hit much much much harder than Rugby players. The concussion rate in football is astronomical to prove that.

Humans hit much harder when they have protection. Especially head to head with a helmet.

Stop spreading this BS that Rugby is tougher when it's nothing of the sort.

...Fox took over.

...women's MMA has been introduced. Yeah nice, all the hype, attract female fans and mainstream fans, they have an attention span of 9 months? Hardcore fans are being pushed away and the focus has been completely on mainstream. Seems the UFC is losing both now.

...the events I don't forget are getting so bad that instead of fastforwarding a few irrelevant fights, I just skip the entire event.

...the the activity level at sherdog is close to 0. Those topics that are hot are ridiculous (such as Ronda vs Mayweather).

...the last Bellator/Glory events have been more interesting than the past ... UFC events.

...Dana said Ronda Rousey is the biggest star in UFC.

...the heavyweight division completely dried up.

... and so on, and so on.

Just saying, glad there is a worldcup this summer. :icon_twis
Nobody gives even one fuck!

This is my problem. I'm not losing interest but there are a lot of events that happen without me even knowing they barely advertise the FN.

In the age of smart phones, twitter, instant news and gossip at your finger tips with smartphones and wifi everywhere and google, your complaint is you aren't aware about MMA events????

I hate when people say this. It's been proven football players hit much much much harder than Rugby players. The concussion rate in football is astronomical to prove that.

Humans hit much harder when they have protection. Especially head to head with a helmet.

Stop spreading this BS that Rugby is tougher when it's nothing of the sort.

They hit harder because of the pads. Take away the pads then you would get the real story. Rugby players>>>FootBall players!

you gonna get flamed, but I agree with you. Last night's Bellator was better than any recent UFC I can remember.

You're crazy! I agree my overall interest in MMA has waned but last nights Bellator was not good. Production wise it was below average at best. Tito was fighting a WW and Mo Rampage was exactly what I expected two slow plodding LHW's.

Having women in the UFC doesn't push away hardcore fans. It only pushes away male fans who are intimidated by women doing what the male fans wish they could do. If you're actually a "hardcore" fan, you like MMA for the fights - and if you say that the women's fights are boring, you're only choosing to focus on a few bad fights that the male divisions mirror all the time.

They hit harder because of the pads. Take away the pads then you would get the real story. Rugby players>>>FootBall players!

What are you saying? Football players are clearly better athletes.

Pads make you hit much harder as I said and cause more damage, Rugby players are pansies and doing little girl tackles like when I used to play without pads in Elementary School.

Tell me when Rugby gets a tackle like this. Rugby players probably cringe with fear when they watch videos like this. And there's tons of them.

Watching Severn vs Shamrock 2 fifteen times in the same day would be more exciting than watching a football (aka soccer) match imo. lol I can do without the 1-0 or 0-0 games thanks. :)

I agree, fox's production sucks. But as long as I can watch fights for free I'm good with it.

This

Yeah everyone says "how could you be against more mma?!" But since the ppv cards are so watered down these days, I just really don't get that hyped for them anymore. Basically I just watch the few undercard fights that interest me and then stream whatever fights on the main card do as well. (Didn't think I would ever not watch full main cards.)

A lot of people don't care for wmma, me being one of them, however I'm sure if Pride would've had wmma a lot of these people would say how awesome Pride's wmma was and also claim that their wmma fighters were a lot more entertaining and would beat the current wmma fighters.

What are you saying? Football players are clearly better athletes.

Pads make you hit much harder as I said and cause more damage, Rugby players are pansies and doing little girl tackles like when I used to play without pads in Elementary School.

Tell me when Rugby gets a tackle like this. Rugby players probably cringe with fear when they watch videos like this. And there's tons of them.

Your crazy man.

Mma athletes are probably the best in the world. They are world class in multiple sports.

Regarding rugby tackles, you obviusly have no idea what you are talking about. We just had a guy in the Australian nrl break his neck in a tackle in a few weeks ago. I personally got ko'd far wrose than this "Pansie" when i was 12 years old when i threw myself into tackling a far bigger kid and my head hit his knee. I went into convulsions and was hospitalised

ronda rousey and female mma is the best thing to happen to ufc in a long time

cry some more

My dis-interest in UFC is since we have fight cards at least twice a month. I get it, they want to grow but putting on two or three crappy cards a month vs 1 killer card is going to hurt long term. I won't pay $60 for a UFC card ever again.

Your crazy man.

Mma athletes are probably the best in the world. They are world class in multiple sports.

Regarding rugby tackles, you obviusly have no idea what you are talking about. We just had a guy in the Australian nrl break his neck in a tackle in a few weeks ago. I personally got ko'd far wrose than this "Pansie" when i was 12 years old when i threw myself into tackling a far bigger kid and my head hit his knee. I went into convulsions and was hospitalised

The rate of concussions is so much higher in the NFL to rugby it's not even close.

Sports science also did a test and football players hit harder than rugby players.

One instance doesn't mean anything. You have to look at the overall rate of injuries and concussions.

Hell I'm pretty sure checks in Hockey are harder than rugby tackles and cause more concussions on average :D

In Rugby you can't even leave your feet, lead with your shoulder or head, etc.

Rugby tackles SUCK. You also get no momentum, many times especially on kickoffs guys are getting 10-50-yards to build speed.

There's about a million factors that make football hits much harder than rugby hits. Sorry.

I found this and I thought it was a great way of explains it -

"In rugby, the tackler is responsible for taking the ball carrier safely to the ground. You can't leave your feet to tackle, you can't spear the ball carrier, and you can't take him past the horizontal (ensuring that he won't land on his head).

In football, short of a horse collar or a face mask, you can do anything you want to take down a player. You can leave your feet and launch into the ball carrier like a missile if you want to.

Rugby is a rough sport, but the violence is controlled because of the lack of protective gear. Football is a series of violent collisions. Most of the hits that happen in football would get you a yellow card in rugby."

The rate of concussions is so much higher in the NFL to rugby it's not even close.

Sports science also did a test and football players hit harder than rugby players.

One instance doesn't mean anything. You have to look at the overall rate of injuries and concussions.

Hell I'm pretty sure checks in Hockey are harder than rugby tackles and cause more concussions on average :D

They need all that protection, padding, helmets and stuff, just to do what rugby players do!

Back