Completely lost interest in the UFC since...

I'm not a fan of the direction their taking either but I hope it works out.

Soccer is so boring

football my dear, FOOTBALL

let me tell you a story:

football has been played for centuries (you know, the game you play with your feet)

arround 1820 a derivation of it was invented in called rugby

arround 1870 a imitation of rugby was called "football" (still don

The quality of the events has definitely suffered, and the cards are watered down, but the sport still has its moments.

Thanks for reminding me OP. What happened to the Ronda vs Mayweather debate? It seems to have conveniently gone away now that Floyd had his fight. That whole thing made the UFC look so pathetic.

LOL @ you losers flaming people who point out obvious issues with the sport. I swear, sometimes I think Zuffa employs a few nerds just to browse sherdog and post in their defense.

The problem is there really isn't anything wrong with the sport. This is just a butch of nitpickers that expect to have 'epic cards' every event. The UFC is currently going through a transition period where there aren't as many established stars like there was in the past, so the average fan is getting impatient.

note - I am not employed by Zuffa (wish I was lol)

Im not going to lie, my interest has definitely dropped since all that has happened, but I dont think ill ever stop watching completely but I've never missed a PPV, i have skipped a few fight nights.

its all good, gives me more time to do other things I need to do. work, training etc etc.

P.S I hate the fox deal. they have this plain old same opening theme song at the start and i just preferred the warrior music before, it made UFC feel like this was not like any other show on TV.

I agree. The UFC sucks without Stemm.

Then why did you feel the need to start this thread?

soccer is for kids, I lost interest on it since I become 16-17 years and turned to mma fan

The magic is gone. The UFC name doesn't mean anything anymore. They killed their own brand.

Lost some interest too, it's a blend of all those factors ,plus I am falling out of the demographic which should mean nothing but it is all the factors added up together that made my interest wane. The DW problem is easily fixed with the mute/FF button.

A drop of the ppv model and adopting a wwe format (channel not the scripted part) , might help pique my interest back. The fact that I went from watching all events to roughly 70% of them did not help. Either do fightpass the right way / drop ppv or go back the way it was but this model does not work for me.

I am not done with mma as a fan but I can see myself falling into the exfan catgory in the future which I would not have said last year at the same time.

I much rather flip to Spike and see the end of 1000 Ways to Die or Deadliest Warrior, instead of flipping to Fox, then FX then FS1, then FS2 in SD because there is no HD and having to sit through 15 minutes of Nascar overrunning into the fights. Then when the main comes on FS1 in HD, I jump over to see a baseball game in the 2nd inning playing 10 minutes over the fight.

Fox and it's 3-4 channels is a PITA. And the talk shows are a joke, 2 fighters and some sports analysts who know nothing of the MMA world. Keep watching the FSNews show and they'll talk 29 minutes on baseball/football with a minute ramble and 2 clips of UFC. It really sounds like they're forced to mentioning it.

football my dear, FOOTBALL

let me tell you a story:

football has been played for centuries (you know, the game you play with your feet)

arround 1820 a derivation of it was invented in called rugby

arround 1870 a imitation of rugby was called "football" (still don

I personally don't feel there is such thing as "watered down" cards or any problem with fox having a hand in production. A fan should appreciate any sort of event they get to watch regardless of what big names are on it or even if there happen to be women performing. The women have a very limited sample size to compare fights to but truthfully wmma fights tend to be just as competitive and exciting

The magic is gone. The UFC name doesn't mean anything anymore. They killed their own brand.

yeah I feel like the Fox deal is to blame for that, the mainstreaming of UFC now has killed abit of the buzz.

I wish that they kept Face the pain and the warrior music at the start, and instead of jon anik, ken flo and chael talking crap inbetween fights, put some history of MMA and martial arts in general in there. make it real serious business and make it feel like we are watching the event with the ultimate proving ground for fighters.

...Fox took over.

...women's MMA has been introduced. Yeah nice, all the hype, attract female fans and mainstream fans, they have an attention span of 9 months? Hardcore fans are being pushed away and the focus has been completely on mainstream. Seems the UFC is losing both now.

...the events I don't forget are getting so bad that instead of fastforwarding a few irrelevant fights, I just skip the entire event.

...the the activity level at sherdog is close to 0. Those topics that are hot are ridiculous (such as Ronda vs Mayweather).

...the last Bellator/Glory events have been more interesting than the past ... UFC events.

...Dana said Ronda Rousey is the biggest star in UFC.

...the heavyweight division completely dried up.

... and so on, and so on.

Just saying, glad there is a worldcup this summer. :icon_twis

what is the point of your post? if you're no longer interested in the ufc with your complaints regarding uncle dana, rousey, etc., go watch the world cup or whatever you please.

did you want sympathy or a pat on the back and be told it will be okay, the ufc will do whatever it takes to make you happy?

stop posting here and leave if you're not interested in the ufc. there are forums that you can post for your interest in the world cup.

when i see posters like you complain and whine about losing interest in the ufc, it's always all talk and no action. a month from now, you'll be claiming how great the ufc is and how you're such a big fan.

don't be a hypocrite. if you're not interested in the ufc, leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I understand TS. I only order the huge ppv. I dont have cable and I dont go out of my way to watch the fox cards.

The sport can piss you off sometimes, but it'll get better. Hell, I remeber being pissed when they made them wear gloves. There are still a lot of promising fighters n fights.

LOL @ you losers flaming people who point out obvious issues with the sport. I swear, sometimes I think Zuffa employs a few nerds just to browse sherdog and post in their defense.

I'd actually be more inclined to think that there is people paid by rival companies, as I see more and more UFC is dying threads than anything else. I myself love all the cards we are getting, with a lot more being free. I miss shows quite a bit, as I sometimes have to work, etc. It doesn't really bother me, you can't realistically take in every single event all year round. Where does it say you have to watch every fight they put on. Watch the ones you like, catch the shows you can, and enjoy the reality that there is more MMA now than ever before.

Back