Comey's not-so-nothingburger nothingburger

To all the Trump defenders in here, I find it odd that you can listen to what Comey said and pretend like context doesn't matter. When the President of the United States clears out a room (including your boss), then has a direct conversation and tells him that he "hopes he can let it go", that's not a fucking hope. That's a thinly veiled demand. Just because Trump stopped short of saying "I would like to illegally use pressure on you to stop an investigation" does not mean Trump didn't trying to influence the investigation. Comey clearly got the insinuation of what it meant and found it so inappropriate that he immediately informed those around him. Even Trump admitted in his own words that firing Comey eased up pressure on him related to the investigation. So stop taking his sentences so fucking literal when it's convenient for you and making wild accusations against the other party.

This is like when you own a corner shop and a mafia member approaches you one night and say's "I'd like you to pay me for protection", he's insinuating that there will be consequences if you don't pay him. He might not come out and openly say it, but you know what the fuck he means. If you look at Trumps behavior and lies regarding the situation, he clearly was doing some fucked up shit.

You're a traitor to the American people if you'll pick party politics over what's right.

To all the Trump defenders in here, I find it odd that you can listen to what Comey said and pretend like context doesn't matter. When the President of the United States clears out a room (including your boss), then has a direct conversation and tells him that he "hopes he can let it go", that's not a fucking hope. That's a thinly veiled demand. Just because Trump stopped short of saying "I would like to illegally use pressure on you to stop an investigation" does not mean Trump didn't trying to influence the investigation. Comey clearly got the insinuation of what it meant and found it so inappropriate that he immediately informed those around him. Even Trump admitted in his own words that firing Comey eased up pressure on him related to the investigation. So stop taking his sentences so fucking literal when it's convenient for you and making wild accusations against the other party.

This is like when you own a corner shop and a mafia member approaches you one night and say's "I'd like you to pay me for protection", he's insinuating that there will be consequences if you don't pay him. He might not come out and openly say it, but you know what the fuck he means. If you look at Trumps behavior and lies regarding the situation, he clearly was doing some fucked up shit.

You're a traitor to the American people if you'll pick party politics over what's right.
Speculate harder. According to Comey's own testimony, he was not ordered. Hence, no obstruction.

And even, if in your wildest reasoning, you truly believe there to be obstruction despite Comey's testimony, there is factually no obstruction due to the fact that a sitting president can legally order the cessation of an FBI investigation because...

No laws broken. No justification for impeachment.

See you at the next nothingburger bbq.

Speculate harder. According to Comey's own testimony, he was not ordered. Hence, no obstruction.

And even, if in your wildest reasoning, you truly believe there to be obstruction despite Comey's testimony, there is factually no obstruction due to the fact that a sitting president can legally order the cessation of an FBI investigation because...

LMAO, looks like the "no laws were broken" excuse is on another foot now.
He wasn't vindicated, he looks CORRUPT AS FUCK

LMAO, looks like the "no laws were broken" excuse is on another foot now.
He wasn't vindicated, he looks CORRUPT AS FUCK
The alleged act wasn't even committed.

Did you miss the entire point of my post? Of course he didn't blatantly order an illegal activity. He manipulated the situation to make his insinuation that he wants the investigation dropped without having to actually say it. I didn't say a single fucking thing about impeachment.

I said President Trump manipulated the situation and tried to coerce a response from Comey that would result in an impediment of the Russia investigation. When his insinuations and attempts failed, he simply fired Comey and lied about the reason. Then he went on to brag about the results to Russian officials.

Are you honestly telling me you think Donald Trump is a good person who wouldn't use his power and influence to do things questionably legal things? He's been doing that his entire career and bragging about it, and you've been sucking his dick. Now he's doing it as President. Fuck Hillary too, but Donald Trump doesn't deserve to hold office. He lacks the integrity, poise, and experience.

Did you miss the entire point of my post? Of course he didn't blatantly order an illegal activity. He manipulated the situation to make his insinuation that he wants the investigation dropped without having to actually say it. I didn't say a single fucking thing about impeachment.

I said President Trump manipulated the situation and tried to coerce a response from Comey that would result in an impediment of the Russia investigation. When his insinuations and attempts failed, he simply fired Comey and lied about the reason. Then he went on to brag about the results to Russian officials.

Are you honestly telling me you think Donald Trump is a good person who wouldn't use his power and influence to do things questionably legal things? He's been doing that his entire career and bragging about it, and you've been sucking his dick. Now he's doing it as President. Fuck Hillary too, but Donald Trump doesn't deserve to hold office. He lacks the integrity, poise, and experience.
So now since the battle of legality is over, you're now settling for... Ah, fuck it. You need something to help you sleep at night

Had he used the words "I order you", you would have then said well he didn't have gun to his head. At some point you have to come to grips with this buffoon is just that.

So now since the battle of legality is over, you're now settling for... Ah, fuck it. You need something to help you sleep at night

It's not a battle of legality. It's a simple question of using checks and balances to understand what really happened and if something illegal happened. This is exactly what congressional investigations are used for, to get to the truth.

What would really help me sleep at night is a President who wasn't a scumbag of a person and who actually cared more about the American people than himself and his brand. A President who actually deserves to hold office. Someone who values truth and leadership qualities over being right and winning.

This is like you saying "well OJ won the murder trial, he's not legally a murderer. of course I'll let him date my daughter!"

Had he used the words "I order you", you would have then said well he didn't have gun to his head. At some point you have to come to grips with this buffoon is just that.
If, if, if...

It's not a battle of legality. It's a simple question of using checks and balances to understand what really happened and if something illegal happened. This is exactly what congressional investigations are used for, to get to the truth.

What would really help me sleep at night is a President who wasn't a scumbag of a person and who actually cared more about the American people than himself and his brand. A President who actually deserves to hold office. Someone who values truth and leadership qualities over being right and winning.

This is like you saying "well OJ won the murder trial, he's not legally a murderer. of course I'll let him date my daughter!"
Did Trump break the law? No? K.

I heard him say that... what's your point?

And here you go ignoring the long list of reasons to fire Comey and instead are all in on this obstruction angle.

If I'm Donald Trump and I got a guy working for me who doesn't trust me, runs off to write little memos everytime we speak, refuses to clear the air publicly regarding if I'm under investigation for colluding with Russia, refuses to crack down on leaks coming from within the FBI, is a known Clinton stooge, and my DOJ is recommending he be fired well..id probably fire him too.

But yeah let's ignore all that. It was all over these eyebrow directives about Flynn...who isn't even under investigation for collusion with Russia.
Again, motherfuckin' context, what the fuck is that?

You know what you bag licking Trump boys are hanging on to?
You don't believe the CIA, FBI, and Media, but you embrace Russia and people who work for Russia. The only words you believe is from the supreme leader who tweets lies to you on a daily basis. You don't have the good sense to actually read or se anything that isn't your safe space so you can continue with tribal politics. The supreme leader is a failure, he hasn't passed any legislation, he doesn't understand the office and has no clue of history or the USA's position in the world. His current reality show will get cancelled.

Well i don't embrace Russia but if they are responsible for the Podesta emails I send them a huge, gigantic thank you.

Other than that we've had it confirmed yesterday for the umpteenth time that Trump had nothing to do with what Russia may or may not have done. Yet, you still treat him as if he's guilty of something. How come?

Did Trump break the law? No? K.

It's still quite possible considering the other intelligence directors questioned the day before were quite elusive. That's why there's an investigation. Checks and balances are important. Context of his comments are also important. It's quite telling by your inability to address any of my points.

I do wonder if you were calling for Hillary's head when Clinton met Lynch on a plane in the middle of an investigation. Inappropriate behavior is simply inappropriate behavior and Trump's behavior. By the way, you don't need to commit a crime to be impeached as President. Failure to perform duties and other gross negligence are perfectly fine reasons as addressed by congress.

and in my eyes, he basically ripped Trump apart.
giphy.gif

You some realize the President has the LEGAL authority to end any investigation they please. They can also, you know, pardon anyone they please.

You're also ignoring the fact that the whole Russian investigation with regard to Trump is, literally, fake news. The Russians have of course tried to influence elections, as do we. The trick to eliminating that influence is to not run the worst candidate in modern history.

To your last line. President Trump has already succeeded simply by having liberals pretend the care about America...

They understand the context and what Trump meant. They are just being disengenous partisan hacks.

I understand what Comey thinks "but could be wrong" about what trump meant. I like how you take Comeys word as gospel. But go ahead and set yourselves up for more disappointment.

Back