Comey's not-so-nothingburger nothingburger

The President of the United States gets you alone, on purpose, and says that to you.
You think that's a mild suggestion?
You don't think it was inappropriate?
Even Ryan thinks it was inappropriate.
He said that because it LOOKS TERRIBLE, and the former director brought it up to HIGHLIGHT how bad it was.

rofl

Shapiro said that Comey's testimony shows how dishonest the media was in pushing the Trump conspiring with Russia narrative. They continued to push the false narrative that Trump was under investigation by the FBI even when it was obvious well before the Comey testimony that he was not.

Well, that's wrong. The fact that Trump's campaign was colluding with Russia isn't even in dispute (Page, Manafort, Stone, and Flynn have known dealings, plus Sessions and Kushner have their own issues). And if you read between the lines on Comey's testimony, they're investigating Trump's orbit and closing in on him. Comey did explicitly say that the reason he didn't want to publicly announce that Trump wasn't currently under investigation is that if that changed, he'd then have to publicly announce that, which would be bad for Trump and for the integrity of the investigation. Further, there's no "media narrative" that Trump was personally under investigation. "Media narrative" is a pretty fuzzy term to begin with, but there weren't reports of that.

Lastly, Shapiro said he would explain the narrative the media would push next, but that I would have to pay and subscribe to his media network in order to find out.

I think in general if someone says something like that, they're telling you that they think you're stupid.

Shapiro also said that the testimony shows just how incompetent Trump is. He said it sounds like he is running his administration like he is a crime boss by intimidating people and demanding loyalty.

He should flesh out this line of thinking rather than throw it in as an afterthought to deflect from his otherwise obvious shilling. Specifically, the loyalty request was about stopping an investigation into Flynn's dealings with Russia, wasn't it? If Shapiro followed this line of thought (and I don't know if it's just a bad summary here), that would explode the other part.

The President of the United States gets you alone, on purpose, and says that to you.
You think that's a mild suggestion?
You don't think it was inappropriate?
Even Ryan thinks it was inappropriate.
He said that because it LOOKS TERRIBLE, and the former director brought it up to HIGHLIGHT how bad i

Expressing you hope your friend is innocent isn't a command and for a man to feel threatened by that is silly to me.

I don't have a dog in this race. I think you guys are reaching a bit.

Back