Comey's not-so-nothingburger nothingburger

Are you fucking serious? Why protect Flynn?<36>

What do you think the political fallout would be if he pardoned Flynn?

Leave political analysis to other people and get your fucking shine box.
Point. It. Over your head. It went.

Some poor legal analysis there. These so called experts seemed to gloss right over the fact that Trump wanted Comey to keep investigating and indeed find out if any one on Trump's team was in the wrong.

No one believes that. Comey didn't testify to that. The only people laying that bullshit out is the WH.

You can't honestly believe that Trump was really pushing Comey to investigate harder and his firing him for his handling of "the russia thing" was meant to suggest that he wasn't investigating hard enough.

Liberals..smh......
Swing-and-a-Miss.jpg

Last edited:
Ben Shapiro did a great job summarizing the Comey hearing.

Robert Mueller

Justice Department deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben, who has argued more than 100 cases before the Supreme Cour

Jeannie Rhee, a former deputy assistant attorney general and a partner in the investigations practice at WilmerHale

Andrew Weissmann, the chief of the Justice Department's fraud section who oversaw corruption investigations including the probe into cheating by Volkswagen on diesel emissions tests over

Aaron Zebley, who previously served as Mueller's chief of staff at the FBI

James Quarles, who worked on the Watergate investigation as a young prosecutor

Mueller is obviously stocking up on yuge good lawyers for no reason

Fake news, Mueller is lawyering up to investigate Comey's leak.<{yearp}>

The former Brietbart editor? Sounds legit.<DisgustingHHH>

Did you actually listen to what he has to say? Shapiro hates Trump and has hated him since he announced he was running for President. The main reason Shapiro left was because of Breitbart's support of Trump.

Did you actually listen to what he has to say? Shapiro hates Trump and has hated him since he announced he was running for President. The main reason Shapiro left was because of Breitbart's support of Trump.

No I didn't watch your video, but I watched the hearing myself, so I don't need a summary.

I know of Shapiro, and Breitbart was massively problematic before they became the Trump news network.

No I didn't watch your video, but I watched the hearing myself, so I don't need a summary.

I know of Shapiro, and Breitbart was massively problematic before they became the Trump news network.

Breitbart is no worse than liberal biased news like CNN, MSNBC, Salon or Vox. In fact, Breitbart, unlike the liberal media, has done an excellent job giving a voice to academics who stand against the postmodernists. Try listening to Professor Bret Weinstein from Evergreen State College who got his story out through Fox News because the liberal media will not cover what is happening there.

Breitbart is no worse than liberal biased news like CNN, MSNBC, Salon or Vox. In fact, Breitbart, unlike the liberal media, has done an excellent job giving a voice to academics who stand against the postmodernists. Try listening to Professor Bret Weinstein from Evergreen State College who got his story out through Fox News because the liberal media will not cover what is happening there.

Dude, your location is listed as "Leftist Hell" and your sig includes some batshit stuff by "The Golden One." You may be a nice guy underneath all of that weird shit, but Breitbart has always been for bitter right wing nuts and I'm not watching your video.

Yesterday Trump says he never told Comey he "hoped" he'd drop the investigation.

Tonight on Fox, Don Jr. says his dad told Comey he hoped but that's not a real order.
I love that they're using "technically correct" argumentation. Yah, he didn't directly tell him "stop the investigation".
"It sure would be nice if you stopped the investigation" sounds so much better and more Presidential

That is one professor's opinion. It isn't the only opinion about a very complex issue legally and politically.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40208812

Mr Comey's oral testimony gave crucial - and legally significant - insight into how he interpreted the president's words, said Alex Whiting, a Harvard Law professor and former federal prosecutor.

"The critical aspect of an obstruction case is assessing the intent of the speaker and whether it was corrupt," Mr Whiting said. "People communicate with much more than words, and some of the best evidence for what a speaker meant can be how the speaker was understood at the time."

Mr Comey's testified on Thursday that he clearly understood Mr Trump to be pushing him to drop the inquiry. We also heard for the first time that the president cleared the room before making the remarks, removing even Mr Comey's boss, the attorney general.

Added to that, Mr Comey, who has a long history of high-profile legal positions and who took meticulous notes directly after his meetings with the president, was a "dream witness", Mr Whiting said. "I think if you take together his written and oral testimony together, he has now made a prima facie case of obstruction of justice.

"Whether it's a case that should be prosecuted, or whether it merits impeachment, those are separate questions, but the elements are now there for obstruction. There was a corrupt intent to impede justice. I think you could charge this case."

Eric Posner, a law professor at the University of Chicago, also said that Mr Comey's oral testimony had changed the legal picture.

"Comey may not have added specific pieces of information, but the way he presented himself and consistency of his account, and the coherency of the account, all of these things are important," he said.

"In his oral testimony, he made it clearer that he believed Trump was trying to obstruct justice. He said that when Trump used the word hope, he understood that to be a command of some sort, and that strengthens the case for obstruction.

"It was a borderline case before, now it is somewhat stronger."

But the case remains essentially circumstantial, said Michael Gerhardt, a law professor at University of North Carolina who testified at the Clinton impeachment hearings.

"Everybody is parsing the words of course, but I don't know that Comey's testimony strengthens or weakens an obstruction case," he said. The meetings described by Mr Comey were however "clearly inappropriate", he said. "This is simply not how Americans want a president to conduct himself."

The testimony would serve to strengthen Mr Comey's credibility with congress, Mr Gerhardt said, possibly at the expense of the president.

"Comey put his credibility on the line today and he did it in a very public way," he said. "Now it's a credibility contest between him and the president, and I think it's safe to say Comey is winning that contest."

That could prove crucial if legal action were ever taken over this affair. Were the president to face impeachment or criminal proceedings, the former FBI director would "without doubt" be a central witness, Mr Whiting said, and his credibility against Mr Trump's would be key to the case.

Both those scenarios remain unlikely however, at least for the meantime. It is effectively impossible to bring criminal charges against a sitting president - the case would have to be brought by the executive branch, of which Mr Trump is the boss.

As for impeachment, there is political resonance to obstruction of justice charges - it factored in the past two impeachments, against Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton - but it is still highly unlikely. The Republican party controls both houses of congress, and a special counsel investigation into the Russia affair is only in its infancy.

So Mr Comey's testimony will not trigger legal proceedings any time soon, but it does have the potential to damage the president's political standing and resonate with moderate voters, Mr Posner said.

"Obstruction of justice is clearly on the minds of a lot of people and I think it damages the president politically," he said. "He continues to have supporters of course. But for many people in the middle, their opinion of the president will decline and their reservations will strengthen."

"When Trump used the word hope it could be construed as a command".
Lol!

shapiro's legal analysis this election has been terrible.

Shapiro is a poor thinker generally. Can you just summarize the point?

Beat me to it.

Studies show that Libs are Low-T and they are now proving that they don't even have intelligence to fall back on. How pathetic are Nu-Males? Do they have any redeeming qualities at all?

Trump could have just pardoned Flynn if he wanted and he still wouldn't be guilty of obstruction of justice.

CNN (and the rest of mainstream media) has been lying to you and your frail little mind is susceptible to propaganda. Keep grasping.

But the leftist cuck army FEELS it should be illegal so it must! You dare not hurt a snowflake's feelings....it is all they have.

"When Trump used the word hope it could be construed as a command".
Lol!
The President of the United States gets you alone, on purpose, and says that to you.
You think that's a mild suggestion?
You don't think it was inappropriate?
Even Ryan thinks it was inappropriate.
He said that because it LOOKS TERRIBLE, and the former director brought it up to HIGHLIGHT how bad it was.

Shapiro is a poor thinker generally. Can you just summarize the point?

Shapiro said that Comey's testimony shows how dishonest the media was in pushing the Trump conspiring with Russia narrative. They continued to push the false narrative that Trump was under investigation by the FBI even when it was obvious well before the Comey testimony that he was not. Lastly, Shapiro said he would explain the narrative the media would push next, but that I would have to pay and subscribe to his media network in order to find out.

Shapiro also said that the testimony shows just how incompetent Trump is. He said it sounds like he is running his administration like he is a crime boss by intimidating people and demanding loyalty.

It's so funny watching the gradual revision from "Trump is Putin's henchman and ordered evil men to hack the DNC" to X to X to X... Finally to "Trump may have expressed the hope that his Democrat subordinate is found innocent".

And Russia was just being its usual self, along with Turkey, China, Israel and every other meddler country.

You have nothing to talk about anymore but you don't want us to spend the next 50 years rubbing this in. At this point finding out that Trump's son's uncle's nanny's dog is a Russian Terrier would make HuffPo headlines.

Back