Columbus day is now indigenous peoples day

The only real "indigenous" people live in Africa.

Native Americans immigrated here and killed the people that immigrated before them--they just did a more thorough job of it.

Native Americans immigrated here and killed the people that immigrated before them--they just did a more thorough job of it.
Well they probably wouldn't even be indigenous by that standard either, humanity rose and fell multiple times across Africa before it really took hold and we ended up with homo sapien sapien as we know it.

But honestly, the point you're trying to make is fucking moronic. Why do you never hear this "might makes right" bullshit about the Nazis? American Indian boarding schools were still in use for decades after WWII, so it's not like "it's ancient history" is a valid explanation.

Happy Columbus Day, sher-bros.

Here is a picture of columbus discovering the sidewalk.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F00c3732c-129f-4d3e-ae5c-c89d848cfb09_3200x2128.jpeg

Well they probably wouldn't even be indigenous by that standard either, humanity rose and fell multiple times across Africa before it really took hold and we ended up with homo sapien sapien as we know it.

But honestly, the point you're trying to make is fucking moronic. Why do you never hear this "might makes right" bullshit about the Nazis? American Indian boarding schools were still in use for decades after WWII, so it's not like "it's ancient history" is a valid explanation.

WTF kind of strawman are you trying to build here?

I didn't say "ancient history," I didn't say "might makes right," and Nazi's??? lol that's an automatic debate disqualifier IMO.

I just don't have the racist idea that white settlers were inheritably more evil than the humans that came here before them. If you read some actual history you'd probably reach the same conclusion.

Its not hard to debunk the out of Africa theory

No to Italian Americans with any knowledge of the reason the holiday came into existence.

Both titles are equally dumb. Neither Colombus or indgious had much of anything to do with the advancement and success of the US

Right and wrong are defined by popular opinion

Both titles are equally dumb. Neither Colombus or indgious had much of anything to do with the advancement and success of the US
This is true and yet Columbus is still far more responsible for the advance and success of the US than indigenous people had, because European's founded and built up the USA.

It's so strange that we have a Columbus Day that I can't even wrap my head around it...

Harris had just said something beyond idiotic about the Columbus explorers.

They are scum bags according to your standards of today. They were good people according to old standards. You are like the time travelling female we see in most recent movies. Medieval movies with warrior females empowered by strong and independent ideals of the modern woman. That’s not how the world works sweetie. Stick to your own timeline or you’ll end up destroying cave paintings because they look like they were made by children.
Cave paintings are amazing, you almost see the real animals that moves: mammouths, lions, wolly rinos animals that does not exists anymore..think people that did those dozens of thousand of years ago ofr ritualistics purposes , despite the advance in technology the human being is regressed.

Back