Columbus day is now indigenous peoples day

On self-hating Americans who trash the nation's history, Burry wrote "Those with better tech conquer, brutally, all through history. How did the Aztek empire get so big, or the Romans? African wars to this day. Ridiculous to bash America or apologize for our founding. You think the Chinese will cut themselves 200 years after they conquer us?"

burry1ac.png

I will never understand why people some people protect Columbus Day so much. The guy really was a psychopath. Why defend him? He wasn’t even American for god sake.

@Merlotte's is this an actual topic/issue amongst native American communities?
If someone is indigenous every day is indigenous day. We’re not concerned about Columbus out this way. Captain Cook was our Columbus in the West. He’s mostly seen as a trader. There’s a statue of him in Anchorage overlooking the Cook Inlet, local tribes are okay with that. It’s probably an easier pill to swallow knowing Cook was torn apart by an indigenous tribe.

Personally I see these guys as legendary seaman. To accomplish what they did at the time was amazing.

If someone is indigenous every day is indigenous day. We’re not concerned about Columbus out this way. Captain Cook was our Columbus in the West. He’s mostly seen as a trader. There’s a statue of him in Anchorage overlooking the Cook Inlet, local tribes are okay with that. It’s probably an easier pill to swallow knowing Cook was torn apart by an indigenous tribe.

Personally I see these guys as legendary seaman. To accomplish what they did at the time was amazing.
I suspect most rational adults feel the way you do but it's hard to tell sometimes with all the trolling.

This dude is 500+ years in the past at this point. It's like protesting Genghis Khan or something similar.

On self-hating Americans who trash the nation's history, Burry wrote "Those with better tech conquer, brutally, all through history. How did the Aztek empire get so big, or the Romans? African wars to this day. Ridiculous to bash America or apologize for our founding. You think the Chinese will cut themselves 200 years after they conquer us?"

burry1ac.png
Using that logic, one should not be condeming the Nazis or Stalin or Pol Pot or Imperial Japan or ISIS or Slavery.

We all know it won’t cure racism you silly goose. We’re just finally figuring out that the maybe the world will be a better place without monuments and memorials to scum bags
The natives were scumbags too by today's standards.

I'd love to hear about your research, do you have a link the publications?
Well let's not be shitty, I'd be interested to hear what he means. The original out of Africa, i.e. that perfectly modern humans walked in the middle east and that was it has been disproven. Asians, Europeans, and west Africans had some genetic admixture with other hominids fairly recently.

But modern Africa theory says that something fairly close to us evolved in Africa and migrated around the whole world.

So our ancestors conquered the indigenous peoples, and now we kiss their asses. smh

Well let's not be shitty, I'd be interested to hear what he means. The original out of Africa, i.e. that perfectly modern humans walked in the middle east and that was it has been disproven. Asians, Europeans, and west Africans had some genetic admixture with other hominids fairly recently.

But modern Africa theory says that something fairly close to us evolved in Africa and migrated around the whole world.

It depends by what "modern human" means. As I understand the theory Homo Sapians evolved in Africa and then migrated in multiple waves out of Africa and mated with other sub species of humans like the Neanderthals and Denisovans while populating Asia, Europe, the Americas and Oceania.

There are two sets of people in this world...Man and Mankind. Man is, well, man. He was made by God and most likely originated out of Asia.

Mankind are people who are kind of like man but not completely. They descend from man-beast admixtures and are fairly young and new to the world stage as you pointed out. They do indeed come out of Africa and Eurasia. This population of man/beast admixtures were incredibly barbaric and savage. So much so that Alexander had to lock them behind a huge gate in the Caucus Mts because they were threatening the civilized nations.

Last edited:
Back