Colby was never that good

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You knew this was coming. Not sure its ever been this deserved though.

0-3 in title fights.

Last win was almost 2 years ago against an 0-2 Masvidal who lost another fight and then retired. His win prior to that was against an 0-2 Woodley 3 years ago who went on to lose another fight and then retire, going on to lose twice to a Youtuber in boxing. His win prior to that was 4 years ago against an 0-2 Robbie Lawler, who went on to lose to Neil Magny. The last time he beat a contender coming off a win was over 5 years ago against RDA. His most meaningful accomplishment in his entire career is giving Usman a close fight.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a fighter coddled like this before. Conor got a layup fight against a washed Cowboy but after that he had to fight Dustin Poirier. Colby got fed washed veteran after washed veteran. It was absolutely ridiculous. Can we get back to the deserving welterweight contenders now?

He's able to put together a good offensive when his opponent is backing up it seems. Leon is big and moves forward. I think that's at least part of it.

He’s had a long layoff and fought a middleweight, Leon is way too big for him. He didn’t look himself the entire fight but kinda got comfortable in the later rounds

He was coming off a near two-year layoff at 35 years old.

He was really good, and still is. But he is not the guy he was 3-5 years ago, obviously.

Leon was beating him down though, very good win.

He is good but has some clear limitations regarding power and finishing capability

[NEWS] OFFICIAL UFC 296 Edwards vs Covington:

Colby was never that good confirmed.

Back