Television COBRA KAI (New Season 4 Promo; Returns Dec. 31, 2021)

And the chicks destroying the dudes was really annoying this season. At least the big chick had some Hall of Fame genes and size on her side, but these girls just shred guys like nothing. The fight scenes were too much this season, I miss the tournament shit.

I felt let down this season. It was fine, there were moments I enjoyed and I am still interested in seeing what happens, but it barely went anywhere. The big game changers at the end of season 2 really led to nothing, Miguel is just a little less of a killer, Robbie is free after a couple fights, and Ali was only good for one pseudo date which let Johnny move on but that's honestly a little less interesting than before.

Was I the only bummed he didn't named it Iron Eagle Dojo? Eagle Fang was funny, but Iron Eagle is fucking badass.
There was a moment where I wondering if they were gonna have Johnny dump Miguel’s mom right after he tapped that.

then I wondered maybe Johnny will be tapping both. THEN I wondered maybe at the same time.

that won’t happen, but it will be funny when Miguel finds out Sensei was balls deep in Madre.

There was a moment where I wondering if they were gonna have Johnny dump Miguel’s mom right after he tapped that.

then I wondered maybe Johnny will be tapping both. THEN I wondered maybe at the same time.

that won’t happen, but it will be funny when Miguel finds out Sensei was balls deep in Madre.
I was bummed knowing he would definitely fuck things up by trying to juggle both, but the good kind of bummed. Almost nothing changed this season.

And the chicks destroying the dudes was really annoying this season. At least the big chick had some Hall of Fame genes and size on her side, but these girls just shred guys like nothing. The fight scenes were too much this season, I miss the tournament shit.
Even quicker version, most of kids fights sucks because there's no believable development

Back to KK movies Daniel was supposed to be "special" and Miyagi seen it, and still took good amount of time for him to pass from somebody that can be free jumped to one that knows a bit of magic karate
And can't accept any canon story about how the small blond nerd kid with glasses managed to survive in CK lol

In CK feels more like at some point everybody just become good out of nowhere
Wich is bizzarre, because even Johnny and Daniel struggle during fights with normal people
It's like same show switch between good script to full retard depend wich are characters involved

Best progression is probably Miguel wich parallel KK Daniel in many ways and Hawk (super strenght bullshit aside) because the idea of him stacking anger for years is believable even if exagerated.
Hawk vs fat fuck was maybe the best kid fight of the series

Robbie could have worked too as candidate for quick learning (hang with small criminals+one of the few to have some muscle mass), but somehow they made him start as absolute douche at fighting... a street kid and Daniel have to teach him at 16/17 to NOT stuck the thumb inside the fist, really? LOL
Ironically Robbie is a char where they could have gone more plot armor and did'nt

See when he fight his old 2 friends, he does good but ultimately was going to lose
And in the prison fight it was still a very even scrap, no one-side magic karate bs
Under that point of view Robbie is good

I was bummed knowing he would definitely fuck things up by trying to juggle both, but the good kind of bummed. Almost nothing changed this season.

Kreese and Chozen were the big gains in season 3. As you said, the main characters in the Johnny and Miguel generations mostly tread water.

The Chosin and Kumiko episode was great. It was cool going back to KK2.

Would've liked at least 1 or 2 more episodes in Okinawa.

Agree Kyler comes off legit. His character is much better written in S3 and when he squares off with "Penis Breath" in their dojo challenge match, he looks believable as a wrestler and an athlete. Tory looks like an athlete and given the guideposts for her character, I guess she does a decent job. But the writers making her both ridiculously OP in the group fights, and her mission in life being only "that's my man, bitch!" really knocks her down IMO.

Robby. Yeah. He comes off like an in shape kid and way more believable than Sam, that's for sure. But his poorly written flip flopping from hardened street thug to goody two shoes houseboy and back, combined with his crooked dirty sanchez grin make me want to push the eject button.

I've also trained combat sports most of my life. If you expect combat sports realism from franchises like Karate Kid, you're always going to be disappointed. This is the universe where an elderly 2' 8" gentleman clowns 3 expert martial artists one after the other, who are 30 or 40 years younger. Johnny himself goes through 30 years of binge drinking with no training and somehow comes out as a master sensei.

IRL training in combat sports, like military service, is uncommon in the general population. If you went to an IRL kids karate tournament and cast the most athletic looking kids, you'd have a shitshow of an acting disaster on your hands. Acting ability is paramount and it's going to have to compensate for some shortcomings in casting. As a vet, most hollywood military scenes (including the ones in Cobra Kai) are pretty cringe but (just like the fight scenes), if they made them completely realistic, they would be both boring and unrelatable to the general audience.

Re. the black basketball chick, apparently her name is Gissette Valentin. Yeah. 'Nuff said.

gissette-valentin_893094.jpg

16602971_10155061346703896_2618321794764714262_n_grande.jpg

10408548_10153251693593896_870947157983592595_n_grande.jpg

Hey dude, how crazy would it be if Kyler was related to Master Kim Sung Yung?

Even quicker version, most of kids fights sucks because there's no believable development

Back to KK movies Daniel was supposed to be "special" and Miyagi seen it, and still took good amount of time for him to pass from somebody that can be free jumped to one that knows a bit of magic karate
And can't accept any canon story about how the small blond nerd kid with glasses managed to survive in CK lol

In CK feels more like at some point everybody just become good out of nowhere
Wich is bizzarre, because even Johnny and Daniel struggle during fights with normal people
It's like same show switch between good script to full retard depend wich are characters involved

Best progression is probably Miguel wich parallel KK Daniel in many ways and Hawk (super strenght bullshit aside) because the idea of him stacking anger for years is believable even if exagerated.
Hawk vs fat fuck was maybe the best kid fight of the series

Robbie could have worked too as candidate for quick learning (hang with small criminals+one of the few to have some muscle mass), but somehow they made him start as absolute douche at fighting... a street kid and Daniel have to teach him at 16/17 to NOT stuck the thumb inside the fist, really? LOL
Ironically Robbie is a char where they could have gone more plot armor and did'nt

See when he fight his old 2 friends, he does good but ultimately was going to lose
And in the prison fight it was still a very even scrap, no one-side magic karate bs
Under that point of view Robbie is good

Hawk pushing Bruck's - the fat Powerlifter who used to bully him - shit in was the fight of the season for me. Hell, even Kreese looked impressed:)

That would be interesting for sure and would be a convenient segue to introduce KSY. But if they were going that angle, would be way funnier if KSY is somehow related to the tiny asian kid who talks tough and always brawls with the other tiny kid.

But CK has done a refreshing job of avoiding storylines based purely around race. So I kind of hope they don't mess with that by having the one asian kid who's more than comic relief be related to another major asian character they're trying to bring in.

That said, whether its KSY or someone else, they're really hurting for at least one asian sensei as a recurring character. Probably the biggest unspoken troll job is that everyone trains karate/tang soo do in SoCal (where there are tons of asians) but all the sensei politics revolve around 3 old white guys (soon to be 4 with Silver).

Good analysis, but you made one mistake. Terry Silver was dead serious when making his waaaa sounds at Mr. Miyagi and was warming up with his highly vocal and flashy style. You'll probably want to correct that in your video and re-upload.

That would be interesting for sure and would be a convenient segue to introduce KSY. But if they were going that angle, would be way funnier if KSY is somehow related to the tiny asian kid who talks tough and always brawls with the other tiny kid.

But CK has done a refreshing job of avoiding storylines based purely around race. So I kind of hope they don't mess with that by having the one asian kid who's more than comic relief be related to another major asian character they're trying to bring in.

That said, whether its KSY or someone else, they're really hurting for at least one asian sensei as a recurring character. Probably the biggest unspoken troll job is that everyone trains karate/tang soo do in SoCal (where there are tons of asians) but all the sensei politics revolve around 3 old white guys (soon to be 4 with Silver).

Yeah I kind of hope this doesn't get totally new Star Wars where everyone is related to everyone else. Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter, that random girl seems to be Lando's daughter, Chewbacca was war buddies with Yoda from before, Darth Vader was the one that built C3PO, the Clone Wars were actually against a million Boba Fetts!

But I definitely want some Kim Sun Yung action.

Good analysis, but you made one mistake. Terry Silver was dead serious when making his waaaa sounds at Mr. Miyagi and was warming up with his highly vocal and flashy style. You'll probably want to correct that in your video and re-upload.

LMAO I'm with you bro. Terry Silver with the deadly serious and primal "woooooo-aaaahhh..." as his killing battle cry, and then Miyagi mocking him first by doing it back is too good to not be true. Details like that are what make Silver the unintentional GOAT movie villain.

Silver only says "Asssssaaaaahhh!!!" when he's hitting inanimate objects (board no hit back) or doing worked fights (Barnes). But when he's ready to throw down for real and fuck some shit up, he says, "woo-ah. woooooooooooo-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh."

Last edited:
LMAO I'm with you bro. Terry Silver with the deadly serious and primal "woooooo-aaaahhh..." as his killing battle cry, and then Miyagi mocking him first by doing it back is too good to not be true. Details like that are what make Silver the unintentional GOAT movie villain.

He also starts his first "waaaaa" way too early for it to be a taunt. Kreese hasn't even dropped his head on the mat yet. Terry is already "waaaaa"-ing the moment the fight is going to be between him and Miyagi because it's his warm up. If it was a taunt, he would have at least taken time first to register that Kreese was out of the game and maybe been worried, and then after that, started some mind games. But he was like damn, Kreese is down, it's go time I should have started warming up sooner, quick "waaaaaaaaa..."

Also, notice the nature of his first warm up noise, it's a rising out of nowhere, first warm up into his mental form. If he was straight taunting, he would have opened with the big guns, a full fledged mocking "waaaaaa" but this was like the first little stretch a guy does before going for a run.

He also starts his first "waaaaa" way too early for it to be a taunt. Kreese hasn't even dropped his head on the mat yet. Terry is already "waaaaa"-ing the moment the fight is going to be between him and Miyagi because it's his warm up. If it was a taunt, he would have at least taken time first to register that Kreese was out of the game and maybe been worried, and then after that, started some mind games. But he was like damn, Kreese is down, it's go time I should have started warming up sooner, quick "waaaaaaaaa..."

Also, notice the nature of his first warm up noise, it's a rising out of nowhere, first warm up into his mental form. If he was straight taunting, he would have opened with the big guns, a full fledged mocking "waaaaaa" but this was like the first little stretch a guy does before going for a run.

As I said, I want to believe this because it's way more awesome than the way I first saw it. He does start his first "waaaaa" kind of early. The shit-eating grin makes it hard to call but Silver is batshit crazy so there's that. All I can say is if someone started doing that to me on the street with the same facial expression and vocal intonations, it would make me GTFO out, make like a tree and leave.

Last edited:

Oh yea I forgot the little Asian kid fighting with Bret. They became buddies when Eagle fang karate and Miyagi do joined forces. I mean I respect the fact that Kyler in season 1 was Asian and yet he didn't know any martial arts besides wrestling. But things are different and apparently, Tory has the same last name as Kreeses love interest Betsy. The landlord asked if he was her grand father or something and Kreese was like "or something"

We still don't know for sure if Turner lied to Kreese. For all we knew, Betsy might have said in the letter that she is pregnant and Turners "oh shit" might have revolved around the distraction of the baby and not her death. But who knows maybe he was telling the truth.

Have you noticed during the I owe you scene, Silver looked so much like Billy Russo? Both were in special ops and both chased and attained wealth.

Regarding KSY, you are correct and I want to see if he ever had any connection with Mr. Miaygi. The actor of Chozen is mentioned by imdb to be in season 4. We might learn more about Kim Sung Young of south korea through some journal that was left for Chozen that mentions master kim and the person that he is or the skill that he has.

Tang Soo Do is takkeyon, kung fu and karate rolled in to one. TSD meaning "the way of the Chinese hand" with karate influence was something that in real life bothered the Koreans a great deal. When Japan left, they wanted their identity, in doing so, Tang Soo Do practitioners had to denounce the name and call it taekwondo or face scrutiny.

In this fiction, KSY did not want to rename it taekwondo and so he had Terry help him move out his family and help them settle and they got some cash money from Terry to start a business and get a head start in Irvine ( Kyler told Daniel that his parents might be from Irvine) which allowed them to attain wealth by the time Kyler was born.

Loled out loud for real. I love your commitment about this.

Common little man, lets see how good you really are! :)

I think there's a season 4 X-factor everyone's forgetting about:

I think there's a season 4 X-factor everyone's forgetting about:

If someone like that competing car dealership owner wants to bungee jump headfirst into some wooden decorations I guess that would be okay.

Don't really want to see any of these people ever again though.

Last edited:
Back