Television COBRA KAI (New Season 4 Promo; Returns Dec. 31, 2021)

Hawk pushing Bruck's - the fat Powerlifter who used to bully him - shit in was the fight of the season for me. Hell, even Kreese looked impressed:)
Yeah, Kreese is used to see Hawk unleash his anger/frustration, but was first time he seen him use it against the direct cause of it.
If he fought the asian dude would have been even more extreme

Enjoyed all 3 seasons of Cobra Kai but there should be a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief watching this series as a lot of these characters' violent and illegal actions have civil and criminal consequences. That home invasion alone in the final episode should have been enough for all the Cobra Kai members to be arrested.

Enjoyed all 3 seasons of Cobra Kai but there should be a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief watching this series as a lot of these characters' violent and illegal actions have civil and criminal consequences. That home invasion alone in the final episode should have been enough for all the Cobra Kai members to be arrested.
Well as said, show just goes mediocre to full retard anytime kids get involved

Specially if as a group, when alone (example only Miguel) shit get a bit better and remind a bit KK days

But as group is just cheap as you can get teen show

Oh yea I forgot the little Asian kid fighting with Bret. They became buddies when Eagle fang karate and Miyagi do joined forces. I mean I respect the fact that Kyler in season 1 was Asian and yet he didn't know any martial arts besides wrestling. But things are different and apparently, Tory has the same last name as Kreeses love interest Betsy. The landlord asked if he was her grand father or something and Kreese was like "or something"

We still don't know for sure if Turner lied to Kreese. For all we knew, Betsy might have said in the letter that she is pregnant and Turners "oh shit" might have revolved around the distraction of the baby and not her death. But who knows maybe he was telling the truth.

Have you noticed during the I owe you scene, Silver looked so much like Billy Russo? Both were in special ops and both chased and attained wealth.

Regarding KSY, you are correct and I want to see if he ever had any connection with Mr. Miaygi. The actor of Chozen is mentioned by imdb to be in season 4. We might learn more about Kim Sung Young of south korea through some journal that was left for Chozen that mentions master kim and the person that he is or the skill that he has.

Tang Soo Do is takkeyon, kung fu and karate rolled in to one. TSD meaning "the way of the Chinese hand" with karate influence was something that in real life bothered the Koreans a great deal. When Japan left, they wanted their identity, in doing so, Tang Soo Do practitioners had to denounce the name and call it taekwondo or face scrutiny.

In this fiction, KSY did not want to rename it taekwondo and so he had Terry help him move out his family and help them settle and they got some cash money from Terry to start a business and get a head start in Irvine ( Kyler told Daniel that his parents might be from Irvine) which allowed them to attain wealth by the time Kyler was born.

Loled out loud for real. I love your commitment about this.

Common little man, lets see how good you really are! :)

Didn't realize Tory shares the same surname as Betsy - that would be an interesting connection. But it would be tough for Betsy to have been pregnant and Kreese not to find out when he returned home. The flashbacks imply he was from a small town local scene where people would talk. When he returned from Vietnam, they'd have some explaining to do if he thought Betsy was dead but she had somehow just had a kid in his absence. It's possible he never returned home, but for a kid to enlist out of HS and never visit his parents during military leave would be unusual unless he had serious family beef or absentee parents which they haven't yet introduced.

Given CK has doubled down on KSY being South Korean and Miyagi-do being influenced by (if not wholly based on) Chinese martial arts, they're going to have to address that again, but they have to tread carefully. I'm surprised they even brought it up in the series due to the history between those countries during Miyagi's generation. CK is written from a U.S. perspective but it would be like having some Jewish guy living in Germany in the 40's learn some martial art and then in the present day, that guy's top student becomes head sensei of a dojo whose rival school is led by a guy whose sensei was Heinrich Himmler's bodyguard. You'd end up offending a lot of people and introduce all kinds of ethnic beef into the plot which doesn't belong in a series like CK.

I'm with @BisexualMMA in hoping they don't go hog wild a la Rise of Skywalker with the family connections. A big part of the KK movie charm was the adopted son relationship Daniel shared with Miyagi. Folks from different backgrounds and/or ethnicities becoming BFFs or like family is sometimes a cheesy plot device but if done right, can come off more powerful than actual blood relationships. Off the top of my head, other examples of this include: Hawkeye and his adoptive father Chingachgook, Daniel Plainview and HW in "There will be Blood," and the old man and the kid in "Up."

Last edited:
Didn't realize Tory shares the same surname as Betsy - that would be an interesting connection. But it would be tough for Betsy to have been pregnant and Kreese not to find out when he returned home. The flashbacks imply he was from a small town local scene where people would talk. When he returned from Vietnam, they'd have some explaining to do if he thought Betsy was dead but she had somehow just had a kid in his absence. It's possible he never returned home, but for a kid to enlist out of HS and never visit his parents during military leave would be unusual unless he had serious family beef or absentee parents which they haven't yet introduced.

Given CK has doubled down on KSY being South Korean and Miyagi-do being influenced by (if not wholly based on) Chinese martial arts, they're going to have to address that again, but they have to tread carefully. I'm surprised they even brought it up in the series due to the history between those countries during Miyagi's generation. CK is written from a U.S. perspective but it would be like having some Jewish guy living in Germany in the 40's learn some martial art and then in the present day, that guy's top student becomes head sensei of a dojo whose rival school is led by a guy whose sensei was Heinrich Himmler's bodyguard. You'd end up offending a lot of people and introduce all kinds of ethnic beef into the plot which doesn't belong in a series like CK.

I'm with @BisexualMMA in hoping they don't go hog wild a la Rise of Skywalker with the family connections. A big part of the KK movie charm was the adoptive son relationship Daniel formed with Miyagi. Folks from different backgrounds and/or ethnicities becoming BFFs or like family is sometimes a cheesy plot device but if done right, can come off more powerful than actual blood relationships. Off the top of my head, other examples of this include: Hawkeye and his adoptive father Chingachgook, Daniel Plainview and HW in "There will be Blood," and the old man and the kid in "Up."

Star of David Fu vs. Himmler Fang Karate at the All Valley Karate Championship!

I'm with @BisexualMMA in hoping they don't go hog wild a la Rise of Skywalker with the family connections. A big part of the KK movie charm was the adopted son relationship Daniel shared with Miyagi. Folks from different backgrounds and/or ethnicities becoming BFFs or like family is sometimes a cheesy plot device but if done right, can come off more powerful than actual blood relationships. Off the top of my head, other examples of this include: Hawkeye and his adoptive father Chingachgook, Daniel Plainview and HW in "There will be Blood," and the old man and the kid in "Up."

Kreese's mother committed suicide before he enlisted. He never mentions his father, so it's possible he wasn't around by the time Kreese joined up.

Tory originally was listed as Schwarber (Ali's Husband's name) on the script but they only announced her as Nichols this season. Maybe they were going to do an Ali tie in but abandoned it.

Post school fight, tori got expelled and was going to serve time but was saved because she is her mother's care taker.

Robby got arrested as well and had to do time. Daniel had to rat him out for a lighter sentence.

We have to see season 4 to see the post effect. Also with Terry Silver coming back, he might use his wealth to try and put Dan in to poverty.

Season 1 was happy and campy but 2 and 3 are kind of dark.

I have a crazy theory and that is the fact that the person who trained Mike Barnes:

Star of David Fu vs. Himmler Fang Karate at the All Valley Karate Championship!

Watch the movie dangerous place.

Kreese's mother committed suicide before he enlisted. He never mentions his father, so it's possible he wasn't around by the time Kreese joined up.

Maybe it's Johnnys crazy step father. All seriousness he would be too old to be relevant.

Finally got completely caught up and this is the worst thing about the show IMO. The teenage kid brawls (actually bad choreography) where no adults are around always take me out of the show. Johnny’s story is best part and it’s not even close.

That Tory chick has a pretty nice bod. She's pretty cute too despite her funny shaped head. Way cuter than the girl who plays Daniel's daughter. She's straight ugly. And I hate how she's basically been portrayed as unbeatable.

That Tory chick has a pretty nice bod. She's pretty cute too despite her funny shaped head. Way cuter than the girl who plays Daniel's daughter. She's straight ugly. And I hate how she's basically been portrayed as unbeatable.
I think Samantha is cute

Joe Seo who plays Kyler has a photo from mid-2000s where he is a grown ass man already. Meanwhile its 2020 and he plays a teenager:

She's got a good crazyface.

Joe Seo who plays Kyler has a photo from mid-2000s where he is a grown ass man already. Meanwhile its 2020 and he plays a teenager:

"Kyler"? What a cunt sounding name.

lol at being a grown man in the mid-2000s and playing a teen in 2021. You got that pic?

"Kyler"? What a cunt sounding name.

lol at being a grown man in the mid-2000s and playing a teen in 2021. You got that pic?

Yup, it was posted in his facebook in 2007. But the pic is earlier, I think he graded from highschool in 2005 or 2006. Here it is:

ky.jpg

His name is Joe Seo. He has aged pretty well since he is Kyler in cobra kai:

Kyler-thumb-revised.jpg

Yup, it was posted in his facebook in 2007. But the pic is earlier, I think he graded from highschool in 2005 or 2006. Here it is:

View attachment 834286

His name is Joe Seo. He has aged pretty well since he is Kyler in cobra kai:

View attachment 834287

lol, I thought he looked a little on the more mature side in the show. Especially for High School.

Back