CNN does a story about how Michel Pereira became a star in defeat

4722709-c8a.gif
That's still a gesture. You took your time to post this shit and all for my benefit..... you do care. You really do.
<{1-7}>

No. You're wrong.

I am a big Pereira fan. I love all of his flashy horseshit even more than you do. No need to rush to his defense because this wasn't about him.

This is about a journalist who was assigned to cover the UFC event, and decided to write about backflips because he/she had not watched the fight. Even if he/she did watch the fight, it's egregious journalism to choose to write THAT story instead of the story of a regional fighter bringing the house down in his UFC debut on 5 days' notice against a guy who looked much, much bigger and had garnered some decent hype.

The general point of my thread: this hack didn't watch the fight and is now pretending to have done so.
Actually, that’s the state of much reporting today, including CNN, MMA journalism, and much else.

Many MMA articles are now nothing but a collection of tweets.

You’re likely right; this is a story about some tweets, not about the fight.

However (and this is important) it will likely get more clickbait re-tweets or forwards or whatever than a story about Connelly would have. Which is what she was going for. And that’s the real story here.

Every “article” that is really “here is what other people think In 200 characters or less about something that happened” needs to be ignored. That’s all we can do.

The simple fact that people are making threads about him validates his theatrics. He put on a show and won some fans even though he lost the fight. I’m sure I’m not alone in anticipating his next fight.

Fox News is so much worse.

Right.

Which is why Fox News leads every demographic for prime time news and has been #1 for a record 208 consecutive months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi_w5nzt9bkAhUhhuAKHTVnBNEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/04/30/cnn-drops-26-percent-in-prime-time-as-fox-news-dominates-april-cable-ratings/&psig=AOvVaw2ZgU2470xFyBveVMHDu71k&ust=1568760901003143

Fox had 1.4 million average viewers in July 2019 , as much as Fake News CNN and MSNBC combined.

"
Fox News Channel finished July as the most-watched basic cable network for the 37th straight month and topped cable news for the 211th consecutive month, while CNN continued in its struggles to attract viewers.

Fox News was the only basic cable network to surpass the one million-viewer plateau during July, averaging 1.4 million total-day watchers. MSNBC finished second with an average of 852,000 followed by Nickelodeon, HGTV and Investigation Discovery. CNN averaged a dismal 557,000 to finish seventh.

Fox News averaged 2.4 million viewers to dominate the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, while MSNBC finished second with an average of 1.5 million viewers. HGTV, TLC, USA, Hallmark Channel, History, TBS, Investigation Discovery and ESPN joined FNC and MSNBC among the top ten.

Ratings-challenged CNN finished a distant No. 13, averaging only 797,000 primetime viewers and shedding 11 percent of its audience compared to July 2018. MSNBC lost 10 percent during the same time period, while Fox News had a slight increase.

“Hannity” finished the month as the most-watched cable news program, averaging 3.3 million nightly viewers. “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished second, averaging 3.1 million followed by “The Ingraham Angle” and “The Five,” as MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” fell to fifth.

CNN’s most-watched program was “Cuomo Prime Time,” which finished No. 24 overall, behind 14 different Fox News shows and nine programs on MSNBC.

Fox News averaged 378,000 primetime viewers among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 and 237,000 total day demo viewers, easily topping MSNBC and CNN in both categories.

“Hannity,” “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” “The Ingraham Angle,” “The Five” and Maddow also formed the five most-watched programs among the key demo. It was MSNBC’s worst performance in the demo since President Trump took office as Maddow, the network's biggest star, has been accused of floatingwild “Russian conspiracy theories” that blew up during former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's testimony.

“Fox & Friends” averaged 1.4 million viewers to crush MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” which averaged 968,000. CNN’s hapless morning show, “New Day,” averaged only 427,000 total viewers to finish as the No. 43 show on cable news and didn’t even surpass 100,000 in the demo, its worst viewership turnout in five years.

In fact, “Fox & Friends” topped “Morning Joe” and “New Day” combined in both total viewers and the demo, finishing July as cable news’ No.1 morning show for 213-straight months.

All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-wins-ratings-cnn-struggles.amp

Fox absolutely shits in the mouth of Fake News CNN and MSNBC. The people are waking up to their propaganda, lies and hate for America and Trump.

Wrecked.

1518991952415.jpg

Last edited:
Right.

Which is why Fox News leads every demographic for prime time news and has been #1 for a record 208 consecutive months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi_w5nzt9bkAhUhhuAKHTVnBNEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2019/04/30/cnn-drops-26-percent-in-prime-time-as-fox-news-dominates-april-cable-ratings/&psig=AOvVaw2ZgU2470xFyBveVMHDu71k&ust=1568760901003143

Fox had 1.4 million average viewers in July 2019 , as much as Fake News CNN and MSNBC combined.

"
Fox News Channel finished July as the most-watched basic cable network for the 37th straight month and topped cable news for the 211th consecutive month, while CNN continued in its struggles to attract viewers.

Fox News was the only basic cable network to surpass the one million-viewer plateau during July, averaging 1.4 million total-day watchers. MSNBC finished second with an average of 852,000 followed by Nickelodeon, HGTV and Investigation Discovery. CNN averaged a dismal 557,000 to finish seventh.

Fox News averaged 2.4 million viewers to dominate the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, while MSNBC finished second with an average of 1.5 million viewers. HGTV, TLC, USA, Hallmark Channel, History, TBS, Investigation Discovery and ESPN joined FNC and MSNBC among the top ten.

Ratings-challenged CNN finished a distant No. 13, averaging only 797,000 primetime viewers and shedding 11 percent of its audience compared to July 2018. MSNBC lost 10 percent during the same time period, while Fox News had a slight increase.

“Hannity” finished the month as the most-watched cable news program, averaging 3.3 million nightly viewers. “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished second, averaging 3.1 million followed by “The Ingraham Angle” and “The Five,” as MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” fell to fifth.

CNN’s most-watched program was “Cuomo Prime Time,” which finished No. 24 overall, behind 14 different Fox News shows and nine programs on MSNBC.

Fox News averaged 378,000 primetime viewers among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 and 237,000 total day demo viewers, easily topping MSNBC and CNN in both categories.

“Hannity,” “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” “The Ingraham Angle,” “The Five” and Maddow also formed the five most-watched programs among the key demo. It was MSNBC’s worst performance in the demo since President Trump took office as Maddow, the network's biggest star, has been accused of floatingwild “Russian conspiracy theories” that blew up during former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's testimony.

“Fox & Friends” averaged 1.4 million viewers to crush MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” which averaged 968,000. CNN’s hapless morning show, “New Day,” averaged only 427,000 total viewers to finish as the No. 43 show on cable news and didn’t even surpass 100,000 in the demo, its worst viewership turnout in five years.

In fact, “Fox & Friends” topped “Morning Joe” and “New Day” combined in both total viewers and the demo, finishing July as cable news’ No.1 morning show for 213-straight months.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-wins-ratings-cnn-struggles.amp

Fox absolutely shits in the mouth of Fake News CNN and MSNBC. The people are waking up to their propaganda, lies and hate for America and Trump.

Wrecked.
Nice cut and paste.

Ratings do not make Fox News legitimate. It is garbage news. Propaganda.

Nice cut and paste.

Ratings do not make Fox News legitimate. It is garbage news. Propaganda.

Would you have preferred I just pulled it out of my asshole instead of verified Nielson ratings ?

You seem sour that your fake news CNN who makes up complete lies and runs with them for years, is a laughingstock.

Meanwhile, Fox News just keeps winning and winning and winning...how many months in a row again ? Oh, that's right, 208 months, aka 17 years and 4 months.

Don't fret though, I'm sure they'll have another conspiracy theory that you mouth breathing retards will eat up for years, only to sky scream and cry themselves to sleep when its proven false.

1SlboRe_d.jpg

"The UFC pays a lot of money to CNN to run some story on how some dork who isn't good at fighting should grab our attention because he has a man bun and does flips"

Fuck that guy, couldn't beat a sloppy ass flabby white kid who only had a few days notice.

Would you have preferred I just pulled it out of my asshole instead of verified Nielson ratings ?

You seem sour that your fake news CNN who makes up complete lies and runs with them for years, is a laughingstock.

Meanwhile, Fox News just keeps winning and winning and winning...how many months in a row again ? Oh, that's right, 208 months, aka 17 years and 4 months.

Don't fret though, I'm sure they'll have another conspiracy theory that you mouth breathing retards will eat up for years, only to sky scream and cry themselves to sleep when its proven false.
There is no question that Fox does better, has more followers. That's a fact.

But like people's own facebook feeds, Fox delivers content that people already believe in to people who already agree with it. CNN and others deliver news.

There is history here. Conservatives have been complaining for 100 years that news has a liberal bias, so they admittedly and unabashedly created their own biased version. That Fox is biased is simply a fact; they admit it, and justify it by claiming that they're a legitimate counterbalance to news. You and I both know this.

What has never been proven is whether or not news was ever liberally biased in the first place. Conservatives have historically believed it is simply because they disagree with it. But isn't that the definition of propaganda; that something you disagree with must be fake news by definition because you disagree with it?

Last edited:
Perreira obviously knew it’s not going to be effective he just did it to get in all highlights. It worked. He does have some potential if he fights smart.

View attachment 646619
You think I watch CNN???

They are both propaganda outlets, just for different sets of corporate interests. I just find Fox News to be the much more repugnant of the two.

Guarantee this article was already written before the fight took place. Once the guy lost CNN had to go in and alter it hence the bias.

You think I watch CNN???

They are both propaganda outlets, just for different sets of corporate interests. I just find Fox News to be the much more repugnant of the two.
It's unfortunate that everyone has become so fucking binary. I'm sure that other guy thinks I'm a bleeding heart liberal (as my conservative friends do), but my liberal friends think I'm a heartless conservative.

Although I disagree with lots of Aaron Sorkin's politics, I found my views aligned with his wet dream of a moderate below more than any of my less moderate friends:

Sad part is, almost everyone agrees with the viewpoints in this video.....and then immediately blames everyone else for being so extreme.

Right.

"

Wrecked.

View attachment 646603
You copy and pasted that wall of text just to make yourself look dumb as fuck. It's like saying justin beiber is more legit than the Beatles because he sold more records than they did last year. Newsflash dipshit- ALL MAINSTREAM NEWS IS TRASH. Championing fox's ratings just makes it look worse, because most people are idiots.

That shit was awesome, of course is gonna make headlines, shame that he gassed.
Absolutely was the most entertaining fight I have seen. Was laughing the whole time. Guy has some mad acrobatic skills

What a dumb waste of energy.

Maybe if he had put as much effort in to making weight he would not have lost to a 155lber who took the fight on 5 days notice.

There is no question that Fox does better, has more followers. That's a fact.

But like people's own facebook feeds, Fox delivers content that people already believe in to people who already agree with it. CNN and others deliver news.

There is history here. Conservatives have been complaining for 100 years that news has a liberal bias, so they admittedly and unabashedly created their own biased version. That Fox is biased is simply a fact; they admit it, and justify it by claiming that they're a legitimate counterbalance to news. You and I both know this.

What has never been proven is whether or not news was ever liberally biased in the first place. Conservatives have historically believed it is simply because they disagree with it. But isn't that the definition of propaganda; that something you disagree with must be fake news by definition because you disagree with it?

Lol, you used news and CNN in the same sentence, but you forgot the word "fake".

Didn't their 2 year (24/7/365) failed Trump-Russia nonsense teach you anything? It's not fake because I disagree with it, it's fake because it's fake.

Thank God CNN publishes "news" though. I don't know how anyone could possibly get through life without knowing that "President gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else 1" - surely this is Pulitzer Prize winning.

Screenshot_20190917-081736_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

You copy and pasted that wall of text just to make yourself look dumb as fuck. It's like saying justin beiber is more legit than the Beatles because he sold more records than they did last year. Newsflash dipshit- ALL MAINSTREAM NEWS IS TRASH. Championing fox's ratings just makes it look worse, because most people are idiots.

Oh look, another fake news CNN fan with some of the most rustled jimmies in the history of Sherdog. You mad bro ? Thought so. Don't forget, no matter how much you scream at the sky, TRUMP IS your President.

Stay rustled.

2hjkIFd.png

Lol, you used news and CNN in the same sentence, but you forgot the word "fake".

Didn't their 2 year (24/7/365) failed Trump-Russia nonsense teach you anything? It's not fake because I disagree with it, it's fake because it's fake.

Thank God CNN publishes "news" though. I don't know how anyone could possibly get through life without knowing that "President gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else 1" - surely this is Pulitzer Prize winning.

View attachment 646927

Oh look, another fake news CNN fan with some of the most rustled jimmies in the history of Sherdog. You mad bro ? Thought so. Don't forget, no matter how much you scream at the sky, TRUMP IS your President.

Stay rustled.

View attachment 646931
I see now, just another lame troll attempt. Not even sherdog is this dumb. I fell for it.

Back