CNN does a story about how Michel Pereira became a star in defeat

People entranced by the flips and shenanigans are the same people who froth over the WWE. See also: Mentally handicapped.

The fuck outta here, that shit was embarrassing and literally cost the guy the fight. Natural LHW got steamrolled by a LW on 5 days notice........you couldn't make that shit up.

Pereira should retire in disgrace.

No. You're wrong.

I am a big Pereira fan. I love all of his flashy horseshit even more than you do. No need to rush to his defense because this wasn't about him.

This is about a journalist who was assigned to cover the UFC event, and decided to write about backflips because he/she had not watched the fight. Even if he/she did watch the fight, it's egregious journalism to choose to write THAT story instead of the story of a regional fighter bringing the house down in his UFC debut on 5 days' notice against a guy who looked much, much bigger and had garnered some decent hype.

The general point of my thread: this hack didn't watch the fight and is now pretending to have done so.
"Looked bigger"? He was easily two full weight classes bigger. It's one of the biggest size disparities I've ever seen in the UFC.

"Looked bigger"? He was easily two full weight classes bigger. It's one of the biggest size disparities I've ever seen in the UFC.
I try not to be an asshole here, but you're an idiot.

You quote me as saying "looks bigger" and then try to correct me, and you were even stupid enough to quote my post.

I wrote "much, much bigger" lol wait, dont tell me... you're the hack from CNN, aren't you?

You quote me as saying "looks bigger" and then try to correct me, and you were even stupid enough to quote my post.

I wrote "much, much bigger" lol wait, dont tell me... you're the hack from CNN, aren't you?
Yo

You must be coming off a bender. I was simply increasing your observation of "looked bigger" to "was a fuckton bigger". You should have wrote "WAS much much bigger", not "LOOKED much much bigger".

Calm yourself Harold.

I like how all the press has been about Pereira. Take that, miserable fat haters! <Lmaoo>

FUCKING CNN LOL even more fake newz.. look at this shit. Did they watch the fucking fight? The dude did cool shit, except it isn't cool when you gas in 1 minute and take big deep breaths an then lose to a guy that you outweigh by 25 pounds and don't take seriously.

It is only cool in my book if it actually is effective, doing random backflips for the sake of it as a guy of his size is just stupid unless it helps set up a surprise combo, in that case it is epic. There is a reason why Yoel Romero isn't doing flips mid fight.. most MMA guys are dense and thick boned and build for dishing and receiving damage while doing what they do at a high pace, they are not built do do what gymnasts can do where they just flip around all over the place with ease.

I was hearing a fighter recently talk about what it feels like to be in a real MMA fight and you are getting hit and fans are just saying 'just move out the way maaaaan, omg why isn't he dodging!' and they likened it to sprinting for 100 metres and doing some other stuff, and then trying to immediately throw a combo at someone while they try and hit you back.. now imagine doing backflips and silly moves and trying to throw said combos.. dumb!

The Anthony Pettis kick was a highly effective move and efficient because for the energy it took to jump off the cage the rewards was a way bigger payout, so its well worth it.

There is no question that Fox does better, has more followers. That's a fact.

But like people's own facebook feeds, Fox delivers content that people already believe in to people who already agree with it. CNN and others deliver news.

I totally agree with the first part of your post, but CNN delivers NEWS? You have to be kidding right? They are practically a south park style propaganda station at this point, and I am saying this from the point of view of even say 13-14 years ago. Even 14 years ago I was well aware of how much fake bullshit they were spewing, alot of people back then were talking about how they were a joke and nothings changed at all since I was made aware of that. Forget Trump I am literally talking about 14 years ago. They've always had an agenda.

If he had connected on that first flying knee, instead of sailing over the top...

It's a game of inches

he became a star in his UFC debut win, not in this defeat

Idc, I thought it was funny as hell watching that shit. I know he lost and gassed and ultimately it was because of all his unnecessary antics, but at the end of the day it was entertaining as hell. The whole room roared when he did some of his flying whatever shit, its entertainment. He's 1-1 in the UFC (with a awesome KO and a decision loss) and has 30+ pro fights, he knows what he's doing and he's just trying to gain some fans.

Would you rather see a guy do back flips and dance in the cage to gain fans OR see a guy with a MAGA hat saying he hates Brazilians and acting like an asshole to gain fans?
I would go watch that MAGA guy

Because im watching a sport, not a comedy or gymnastics show.

The mainstream masses aren't turning the bellyflips into revenue for WME at this stage.

He gassed himself out, but watching that kind of fight live is something I will never forget.

This is true. “The Cartoon Network” and “The Food Channel” both are ahead of CNN in ratings.

They’re tabloid news now.

CNN gets worse ratings than 'Nick at night' here in America, they're a laughing stock that nobody takes seriously. Not sure how much "exposure" this will provide.

I saw a USA Today article about the fight with the headline:

"This UFC fighter does insane gymnastics mid-fight, tires himself out and loses"

{<jordan}

I am not what you'd call a "CNN guy," but I check in here and there to see what they're pushing. I went on their website and came across this story on Michel Pereira.

This is an article written by Harmeet Kaur. Dont know who he is, but even if he's barely a fan and was assigned to cover a story from the fight, he got it wrong. It seems like he was shown a short video of Michel's acrobatics in round 1 (which the crowd did appreciate, to be fair), and then wrote a story about it. He did write that Connelly walked away as "champion," so maybe he's not a fan at all. Regardless, this is a botch.

Look at that first paragraph about how he won over the crowd lol.

There's no way this journalist watched this fight. There's no way someone watches that fight and decides to write this story instead of the Connelly story (unless, of course, it was a calculated move that they figured might hurt Trump in some way.)

The mainstream masses with no mma interest would definitely be intrigued by someone doing backflips in a UFC fight- even I am intrigued by it.

Having said that, the mainstream masses would be even more intrigued by one of the best general underdog stories and UFC debuts ever. Furthermore, the crowd was rocking for the hometown hero. He "brought the house down," as they say.

Fake news....

It's sad that Connelly, a regional level guy who stepped up on short notice and moved up a weight class and derailed a hype job doesn't get any attention because the guy who lost done a few pointless flashy moves so he gets all the attention. MMA is a complete circus.

It's sad that Connelly, a regional level guy who stepped up on short notice and moved up a weight class and derailed a hype job doesn't get any attention because the guy who lost done a few pointless flashy moves so he gets all the attention. MMA is a complete circus.

this guy got connely a 100k bonus tough, because thats for sure not connely who made it the fight of the night, so i'm sure he's happy and should be grateful instead of talking shit about pereira

Connelly walked away the champion in a unanimous decision.

lmao

Back