CM Punk was well rounded for a beginner (gif proof)

Obviously he wasn't great but for a beginner he was really well rounded and was probably the toughest guy in a lot of situations in his personal life like a family bbq or pick up soccer game but this is the pros.

He should have focused on one discipline only before his debut. We can see he had fundamentals already so he should of refined one part of his game. Sort of like Cro Cops head kick or McGregors left hand etc. Had he had that one "deadly" weapon to fall back on like a sick ground game or kickboxing then he could have beat Jackson or been more competitive.

Obviously a quick learner as he showed some nice kickboxing looks
FelineCleanIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

He showed some good sub attempts and locked in a guillotine, albeit briefly, then pulled Jackson down into guard. Decent BJJ skillset too
9fjx6d82pj311.gif

I heard punk showed promise in the gym according to his muay thai coach. We can see that his clinch is developed and even threw a nice knee in it. Jackson couldn't get out that easily.
g5573fv5ot611.gif

Punk is naturally strong and has obviously wrestled before at a low level. He hit this really nice TD on Jackson before doing some top work.

giphy.gif

Finally, CM Punk had some nice boxing skills for a beginner too. He hits Jackson here with a well timed non telegraphed cross and then backs him up with a jab. Jackson was in a bit of trouble there.

giphy.gif
CM Punk is a JOKE he has no business in fighting in the UFC his place should be the WWE for the rest of his career

just imagine if he would have just gave his right knee a boost into the sky
If it Landed and won the fight they will give him a title shot just like what they did to Brock

He had been training at a high level gym for almost 2 years when he took his first fight and like 3 and a half years when he took his second fight. He looked really bad for somebody training that long at a gym that created multiple world champions. Guy just isn’t a talented fighter. Respect for getting in there though.

UFC needs more freakshow fights.

We need some hollywood females in there after a couple years of training duking it out.

Obviously he wasn't great but for a beginner he was really well rounded and was probably the toughest guy in a lot of situations in his personal life like a family bbq or pick up soccer game but this is the pros.

He should have focused on one discipline only before his debut. We can see he had fundamentals already so he should of refined one part of his game. Sort of like Cro Cops head kick or McGregors left hand etc. Had he had that one "deadly" weapon to fall back on like a sick ground game or kickboxing then he could have beat Jackson or been more competitive.

He showed some good sub attempts and locked in a guillotine, albeit briefly, then pulled Jackson down into guard. Decent BJJ skillset too
9fjx6d82pj311.gif

I heard punk showed promise in the gym according to his muay thai coach. We can see that his clinch is developed and even threw a nice knee in it. Jackson couldn't get out that easily.
g5573fv5ot611.gif

Punk is naturally strong and has obviously wrestled before at a low level. He hit this really nice TD on Jackson before doing some top work.

giphy.gif

Finally, CM Punk had some nice boxing skills for a beginner too. He hits Jackson here with a well timed non telegraphed cross and then backs him up with a jab. Jackson was in a bit of trouble there.

giphy.gif

You had me going right up until you started with the gifs lol. I thought you were serious until this point hahaha.

Good thread. Well played.

Obviously a fighter at heart, went back in there after being humiliated. All the props in the world to that.

Bro, he was getting paid like 500k per fight. You wouldn't have to look far to find someone who isn't a fighter at heart to jump at that chance. I'd throw down with Ngannou for 500k, and happily get back in there for a rematch for another 500k.

Don't think for a second Punk would have fought for the sort of money he was actually worth in regards to his skills.

Since you cant grasp the concept of sarcasm this conversation is pointless. You appear to have CTE and/or the brain capacity of a nat. If not I'm still willing to give you CTE.
Lol, your lack of intelligence in general would eliminate you as any kind of threat. You'd most likely slip on a bananna peel if throw in front of you.

Ts is on troll roll lately. First the Overeem Francis thread now this. I think 50% of sherdog would wipe the floor with Brooks, who I refuse to call Punk. 100% of sherdog would accept 500k to show up and be choked out by Gall.

pl6aB5Pag

Gall saw the power shot coming and tried to dive right through him in order to escape!
Thank you. Came for this, left with empty balls.
Bas Rutten checks under his bed for CM Punk before he goes to sleep at night
tenor.gif

I wouldn't say he's naturally strong. In general and for his weight I'd say he's weak.

9fjx6d82pj311.gif

g5573fv5ot611.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
LOL

I just wish I could have fought Punk before he was completely exposed. You try and pick a fight with him now you'd get laughed at for going after easy prey.

I'm curious what is actual level of imamate ability was. Cause he fought in the big leagues and I suspect that at any of our local gyms there are people that would easily beat him.

Insanely low level. The main thing going for him was he is hard worker and he's used to being in a spotlight situation(stepping in the octagon itself wasn't going to freak him out being in front a crowd). Problem is those things won't do mean shit if you can't cover the basics. Add on the fact he's attempting to do this in the second deepest division in MMA.

And yes every gym throughout the world has many guys that would beat him even if they never fought on an amatuer level. If you take some average guy who wrestled in high school and did some boxing when he was younger....that guy has a massive advantage over Punk.

I legit feel that Amanda Nunez would knock out CM Punk.

Hell, maybe even Betch Correia.

9fjx6d82pj311.gif

g5573fv5ot611.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

lmao.

Back