CM Punk was well rounded for a beginner (gif proof)

All it proves is that teh drunken master's techniques are not all that effective in UFC.

You wouldn't want to cross paths with him in a dark alley, though, TS.

Just a case of a guy not being naturally athletic and putting a few years into something coming across people who are naturally athletic and have put the same or even longer into it.

The results speak for themselves. Obviously a fighter at heart, went back in there after being humiliated. All the props in the world to that. Likely has the correct mindset just not the physical gifts to back it up.

You probably would but I dont see why you are so worked up. Ill Im saying is that he gave it a shot and deserves props for that but BJJ was beginner and his striking is horrendous. Whats so hard to comprehend about that? You got turned down by a date last night?

Not sure why you would suggest I'm worked up. Just as you claimed you could beat up CM Punk, I claim I could easily beat you up. Whats so hard to comprehend about that? You got beat up by a date last night?

Not sure why you would suggest I'm worked up. Just as you claimed you could beat up CM Punk, I claim I could easily beat you up. Whats so hard to comprehend about that? You got turned down by a date last night?
Since you cant formulate your own sentences and merely just repeat whatever someone else says like a parrot, this conversation is pointless. You appear to have CTE and/or the brain capacity of a nat.

I'm honestly surprised he ever managed to become a pro wrestler let alone a highly successful one despite his terrible athleticism.

This is one thing that doesn't get discussed much regarding Punk's UFC "run." CM Punk was considered relatively unathletic and somewhat uncoordinated even in pro wrestling. Now, he was undoubtedly a great pro wrestler because he knew how to talk, tell a story in the ring, and structure a match. You don't necessarily need explosive athleticism in pro wrestling and Punk certainly never had it. He was always tough though. For example, he fractured his skill during a match in 2002, finished the match, didn't take pain killers because he's "straight edge," and then only took two months off. Plus, every wrestler is tough just for getting bumped around nightly and working the grueling schedule they have to work. I think we see this character in his fights: a tough, albeit un-athletic and unskilled fighter.

Punk grew up a nerdy pro wrestling fan who never participated in sports. He didn't want to be an athlete, he wanted to be a pro wrestler. He understood pro wrestling very well and was super talented at it. I wish he wasn't so bitter towards it because that is his calling more than anything else.

pl6aB5Pag

He transformed his opponent into a panic wrestler by the sheer power of his presence.

He could have been Masvidal before Masvidal was Masvidal in that opening second
True-it was right there for him. If it had happened that way, who do you think his next match would have been? It would have been hyped to Mars and back.

If you thought this was bad. Watch even high level wmma.

This is one thing that doesn't get discussed much regarding Punk's UFC "run." CM Punk was considered relatively unathletic and somewhat uncoordinated even in pro wrestling. Now, he was undoubtedly a great pro wrestler because he knew how to talk, tell a story in the ring, and structure a match. You don't necessarily need explosive athleticism in pro wrestling and Punk certainly never had it. He was always tough though. For example, he fractured his skill during a match in 2002, finished the match, didn't take pain killers because he's "straight edge," and then only took two months off. Plus, every wrestler is tough just for getting bumped around nightly and working the grueling schedule they have to work. I think we see this character in his fights: a tough, albeit un-athletic and unskilled fighter.

Punk grew up a nerdy pro wrestling fan who never participated in sports. He didn't want to be an athlete, he wanted to be a pro wrestler. He understood pro wrestling very well and was super talented at it. I wish he wasn't so bitter towards it because that is his calling more than anything else.
I've seen that clip of him briefly forgetting the correct way to apply a submission in the WWE. It's just surprising since the WWE is filled with guys that can do amazing stunts like backflips off the turnbuckles and crazy slams. I never thought the WWE (the #1 pro wrestling company) would ever entertain the thought of hiring an unathletic person regardless of their ability to speak on the mic.

Since you cant formulate your own sentences and merely just repeat whatever someone else says like a parrot, this conversation is pointless. You appear to have CTE and/or the brain capacity of a nat.

Since you cant grasp the concept of sarcasm this conversation is pointless. You appear to have CTE and/or the brain capacity of a nat. If not I'm still willing to give you CTE.

Training at Jackson's back around 2010 I definitely saw many many amateurs with only a few months of training that were more technical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back