CM Punk was well rounded for a beginner (gif proof)

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously he wasn't great but for a beginner he was really well rounded and was probably the toughest guy in a lot of situations in his personal life like a family bbq or pick up soccer game but this is the pros.

He should have focused on one discipline only before his debut. We can see he had fundamentals already so he should of refined one part of his game. Sort of like Cro Cops head kick or McGregors left hand etc. Had he had that one "deadly" weapon to fall back on like a sick ground game or kickboxing then he could have beat Jackson or been more competitive.

Obviously a quick learner as he showed some nice kickboxing looks
FelineCleanIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

He showed some good sub attempts and locked in a guillotine, albeit briefly, then pulled Jackson down into guard. Decent BJJ skillset too
9fjx6d82pj311.gif

I heard punk showed promise in the gym according to his muay thai coach. We can see that his clinch is developed and even threw a nice knee in it. Jackson couldn't get out that easily.
g5573fv5ot611.gif

Punk is naturally strong and has obviously wrestled before at a low level. He hit this really nice TD on Jackson before doing some top work.

giphy.gif

Finally, CM Punk had some nice boxing skills for a beginner too. He hits Jackson here with a well timed non telegraphed cross and then backs him up with a jab. Jackson was in a bit of trouble there.

giphy.gif

Obviously he wasn't great but for a beginner he was really well rounded and was probably the toughest guy in a lot of situations in his personal life like a family bbq or pick up soccer game but this is the pros.

He should have focused on one discipline only before his debut. We can see he had fundamentals already so he should of refined one part of his game. Sort of like Cro Cops head kick or McGregors left hand etc. Had he had that one "deadly" weapon to fall back on like a sick ground game or kickboxing then he could have beat Jackson or been more competitive.

Obviously a quick learner as he showed some nice kickboxing looks
FelineCleanIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

He showed some good sub attempts and locked in a guillotine, albeit briefly, then pulled Jackson down into guard. Decent BJJ skillset too
9fjx6d82pj311.gif

I heard punk showed promise in the gym according to his muay thai coach. We can see that his clinch is developed and even threw a nice knee in it. Jackson couldn't get out that easily.
g5573fv5ot611.gif

Punk is naturally strong and has obviously wrestled before at a low level. He hit this really nice TD on Jackson before doing some top work.

giphy.gif

Finally, CM Punk had some nice boxing skills for a beginner too. He hits Jackson here with a well timed non telegraphed cross and then backs him up with a jab. Jackson was in a bit of trouble there.

giphy.gif
200.gif

Ok, you got me. That was pretty funny

I think they both had similar experience, same things could be said about Mike Jackson's performance. I think that fight is about what you would expect from that experience level. Still props for them for going in there.

Ah, so the dude who made the thread about “Ngannou should fight Overeem” is a confirmed bona fide troll. Good to know.

giphy.gif

{<jordan}

This Punk “punch flurry of death” belongs to the mma pantheon of deadly techniques with the hammer fist of doom.

Legit, im a bjj blue belt, competed in muay thai 4 years and I think I could beat him. No sherbro BS. Id bet on it. 6'4 205 for the haters. Im not UFC caliber, neither is he. His technique is bad man, on all levels. I will give him props for trying and stepping in there though, more power to him.

I'm curious what is actual level of imamate ability was. Cause he fought in the big leagues and I suspect that at any of our local gyms there are people that would easily beat him.

So when we say well rounded I think we're just saying he was equally bad at everything.

Or maybe I took this whole thing too seriously.

The Illuminati held CM Punk back. There is no way a talented open weight professional wrestling champion would lose to guys who couldn’t even become champions in the amateur version of wrestling

Ah, so the dude who made the thread about “Ngannou should fight Overeem” is a confirmed bona fide troll. Good to know.

giphy.gif

{<jordan}

This Punk “punch flurry of death” belongs to the mma pantheon of deadly techniques with the hammer fist of doom.
Very aggressive. Much good.

Back