CM Punk: "It might not work out!"

I love this. Not every fight- even in coveted spots on UFC PPVs- has to advance the sport. This is going to be a lot of fun, regardless of what happens.

The one's who treat it like it's some amateur olympic sport are the sweetest.

I remember being scared as hell when I first competed in BJJ, I had to pump myself up in the car and shit lol. I can't imagine getting your first fight in a big stage with the whole world watching.

Gotta respect Punk for trying man.

he's being realistic but i don't expect most sherdoggers to understand that concept

I'm not watching some video designed to promote a fake fighter who faked his way into the UFC to fight a handpicked opponent just for an obvious cash grab.

Meanwhile real fighters who have been working their asses off for years are getting paid shit and won't get any promotional push.

Normally I don't wish failure upon anyone...but I don't think I've ever wanted to see a fighter get smashed so bad in my entire life.
Well then root for gall who has been working hard and is going to get eyes on him instead of being a sad miserable hater. ;)

Lol at all the people acting like he's some noble brave soul.

If he wanted to fight for the love of the game he'd have started out small and took a fight in the minors like Brock and the other pro wrestler in Bellator. All this guy is doing is using his old wrestling fame to make a quick buck off the UFC I can assure you he ain't getting anything under 6 figures.

I don't like this but anyone who wants to fight for "the love of the game"(the game being MMA which equals the UFC) would take an opportunity at a UFC contract televised, weigh-in and PPV main card spot in a heartbeat.

Thinking about it lol @ anyone who thinks someone wouldn't or shouldn't if the UFC offered. lol @ trying act noble and holier than thou on Sherdog forum.

Oh how noble & virtuous the cage fighting I mean UFC fans are in their ambitions for MMA. Maybe you should focus on fighter pay, treatment or the fact that the UFC doesn't think the same way as you and you'll still buy their product and cry and hate on the guys that actual get in the cage.

Who wants to bet for any poster crying about nobility or unfair for other fighters/disrespecting real fighter we can find all kinds of posts of them shitting on actual fighters and disrespecting them more then this WWE guy ever has? Who wants to bet they have either shilled for the promotion and promoter responsible for this or loved Japanese pro wrestling fighting years ago.

At the very least there is misguided butthurt but lets be honest they are closer to jealous hypocrites.

I'm not watching some video designed to promote a fake fighter who faked his way into the UFC to fight a handpicked opponent just for an obvious cash grab.
How can a 37 year old fighter that is 0-0 get a "handpicked" opponent? Like, what kind of shit argument is that??

I respect him for working hard and chasing a dream...but...I hope he invested his WWE money wisely.

No matter what happens he came into this deciding he wanted to fight for real.

Win or lose I'll respect him for doing the work and actually entering the octagon.

He has more balls than a huge percentage of Sherdog.

You know what takes balls? Training for fights while you still have a full time job, working your way through the regional circuits. CM Punk could never have gotten into the UFC had it not been for pro wrestling. The idea of him getting a pass straight to the big leagues shits on everyone who has busted their ass trying to make it in the sport.

Win or lose I'll respect him for doing the work and actually entering the octagon.

Speaks the truth.

Meanwhile real fighters who have been working their asses off for years are getting paid shit and won't get any promotional push.

Normally I don't wish failure upon anyone...but I don't think I've ever wanted to see a fighter get smashed so bad in my entire life.
Your anger is misdirected.

You know what takes balls? Training for fights while you still have a full time job, working your way through the regional circuits. CM Punk could never have gotten into the UFC had it not been for pro wrestling. The idea of him getting a pass straight to the big leagues shits on everyone who has busted their ass trying to make it in the sport.
How does this create a negative opinion on punk though? They offered him a chance to do something he's dreamed of. Should he say no?
Besides? I'm sure he's paid his dues, and then some, working the local professional wrestling circuit before he became famous.

oh please give me a break.

Everyone pays their dues. He paid them in a different way.

The problem is you don't understand what the UFC is. It's not a sports league or conference. It is a promotion, and they are in the business of making money.

Some people are upset he is being given the oppurtunity,blame the UFC for wanting to put this on for money, dont blame CM Punk,who is doing it for the same reason every other fighter ever stepped in there. To test himself. He allready has money,and could go back to wrestling anywhere and make more millions.

bad omen: the puppy licking his face had just licked its balls and a fresh turd. His chances are dogshit.

bad omen is bad.

Why don't you speak for yourself you little b**** :)

Yep, these little cunts like to talk shit about him but he's chasing a dream of his, and I respect that. Well said sir.

Back