CM Punk: "It might not work out!"

Prove it.
The only reason CM Punk is allowed to fight is because the Ohio athletic commission agreed to clear him. The only reason he needed to be cleared in the first place is because the UFC/Zuffa agreed to sign him.

There is a whole series of officials who needed to sign off in order for CM Punk to actually be allowed to fight professionally. Blaming him is skipping over everyone else who made it possible in the first place.

Dana selected Mickey Gall from a lower tier org SPECIFICALLY to fight CM Punk.

To my knowledge this has actually never happened before. So I don't know what "real meaning" you are talking about...

Maybe you're the one who's playing dumb.

I have to admit, though, I'm starting to think that you're not playing.
"Hand picked opponent" is an old boxing term that would never ever be used to describe the opponent of an 0-0 fighter. It makes no sense. You don't realize how dumb you sound.

It's gross that he's probably going to make as much as Hendo who's been fighting for like 20 years but the UFC just let a guy like Ben Saunders go.
Isn't war machine the one who beat the shit out of his girlfriend?

or am I thinking of another fighter?

Last edited:
Not to state the obvious BUT, every man has the ability to fight....If a stranger attacked your wife or kids, your adrenaline would flow and you would wreck whoever did it. Even if that person was the size of Lesnar.

Nick Diaz can go away for a year or more with O wins since 2011 and step right into a main event or the title picture. He is famous and he is going to make Stipe a lot of extra money with the ppv buys he generates.
Well said on your whole statement. I just wanted to touch on what you said about Nick making Stipe a lot of money.

He's not on the 203 card... or do you know something I haven't heard?

You know what takes balls? Training for fights while you still have a full time job, working your way through the regional circuits. CM Punk could never have gotten into the UFC had it not been for pro wrestling. The idea of him getting a pass straight to the big leagues shits on everyone who has busted their ass trying to make it in the sport.

CM Punk worked his way up through "regional circuits", while he had a full time job, all that other shit, just did it in pro wrestling instead of, say, amateur wrestling. Dude made it to being the biggest, and arguably best, pro wrestler in the world and walked away to try MMA. I'd say he's just as deserving a UFC spot as anyone who's coming in from another sport.

The only reason CM Punk is allowed to fight is because the Ohio athletic commission agreed to clear him. The only reason he needed to be cleared in the first place is because the UFC/Zuffa agreed to sign him.

There is a whole series of officials who needed to sign off in order for CM Punk to actually be allowed to fight professionally. Blaming him is skipping over everyone else who made it possible in the first place.

Your argument depends on the false assumption that I'm not pissed off with the entire chain of decisions that have led to CM Punk being in the UFC in the first place.

Since your assumption is false, you are wrong.

Lol at all the people acting like he's some noble brave soul.

If he wanted to fight for the love of the game he'd have started out small and took a fight in the minors like Brock and the other pro wrestler in Bellator. All this guy is doing is using his old wrestling fame to make a quick buck off the UFC I can assure you he ain't getting anything under 6 figures.
I am pretty sure he knows much better ways how to make a quick buck somewhere else. Lets be real, he will get embarassed most likely and he knows it. The question is why he should start out small if he is such a huge star? It wouldnt make any sense for him to take a fight in some shitty organisation. If you could make a lot of money while accomplishing your goal, why wouldnt you?

Definitely like this response from Punk

giphy.gif

Gets punched right in face, right on the nose, and just grits his teeth. Doesn't seem to be afraid of taking a punch at the very least.

I respect the fact that he's getting in there. But this is something he really needed to start when he was younger. Nearly 40 with no pro fights. It's just going to be too hard.

If "he just wants to see if he can rise to the occasion," then what's with the handpicked opponent?

Stacking the deck a bit, isn't it?
Ugh isn't everyone a hand picked opponent??

Sounds like hes already doubting himself lol, if a fighter says shit like that hes going to get his ass whipped.

I'm
Meanwhile real fighters who have been working their asses off for years are getting paid shit and won't get any promotional push.
What do you think of Conor? Poor guy busts his ass daily, puts it all on the line in the octagon, goes out of his way to attract NEW fans from Ireland, boxing and wrestling and he gets the exact same Sherdog hate!

You know what takes balls? Training for fights while you still have a full time job, working your way through the regional circuits. CM Punk could never have gotten into the UFC had it not been for pro wrestling. The idea of him getting a pass straight to the big leagues shits on everyone who has busted their ass trying to make it in the sport.
I think it's important to note that Punk did exactly what you described for pro wrestling. He wrestled for years on the regional circuit before making it to the WWE and spent a long time in their developmental territory before making his TV debut. So he knows about "paying his dues"

Back