CM Punk: "It might not work out!"

Has this Gall guy even fought in the UFC yet? I've never heard of him before lol

This is a 110% lose match for Punk no matter what than right?

We always say "Its mma anything can happen" but this is certainly not the case when it's this fight?

I'm no wrasslin in spandex fan but I also have no fucking clue who the hell Mickey Gall is
{<RR}

i hope he does well. he's not your typical, i want to be a fighter, i can kick some ass give me a fight type guy ... he made his intentions known, took time to work on his fight game, and isn't taking on a huge name just to get a pay day. i was never a fan of his wrestling, and if he dies in the cage, i call dibs on his wife.

If "he just wants to see if he can rise to the occasion," then what's with the handpicked opponent?

Stacking the deck a bit, isn't it?
Is it? What level of opponent would be appropriate for a fighter with 0 professional fights and 0 amateur fights?

Athletic commissions also has a duty to not approve obvious mismatches, so it's not like the UFC could put him against Anderson Silva or something even if they wanted to.

I really don't see what the big deal is with Punk having one fight in UFC and most likely losing.

All this talk about the purity of sport, it's just a fight.

Is it? What level of opponent would be appropriate for a fighter with 0 professional fights and 0 amateur fights?

Athletic commissions also has a duty to not approve obvious mismatches, so it's not like the UFC could put him against Anderson Silva or something even if they wanted to.

Oooooh, I see what you're saying....you're saying that he should just be fighting an amateur fight for an amateur organization.

Hmmm. I guess I never thought about it that way....

Punk by Anaconda Vice. Gall will be first octagon death. We have never seen an athlete like this before. It's a once in a life time occurrence.

I hope he wins just to piss off the dorks on this message board who pretend to be offended by something that has absolutely nothing to do with their empty lives.

I'm worried how often he looked gassed in that video. I know it was meant to represent the fact that he is working hard, but he looked ready to died in a couple of frames.

Oooooh, I see what you're saying....you're saying that he should just be fighting an amateur fight for an amateur organization.

Hmmm. I guess I never thought about it that way....
Well, he should, but he's not. So Gall is fine as an opponent. How you can think this is stacking the deck or handpicking I don't get. Gall has to be the odds on favorite no matter what.

Are You Not Entertained !?!....Im sure all of the Punk haters are gonna leave the room when he fights....:rolleyes:....

Well, he should, but he's not. So Gall is fine as an opponent. How you can think this is stacking the deck or handpicking I don't get. Gall has to be the odds on favorite no matter what.
If his goal is "to see if he can rise to the occasion", then picking his opponent makes no sense.

It's obvious.

If "he just wants to see if he can rise to the occasion," then what's with the handpicked opponent?

Stacking the deck a bit, isn't it?

What commission would sanction a fight with anyone oether than someone like Gall?? Even that's a bit of a mismatch.

Pretty cool vídeo ... there should be much more vídeos like this and portraying all fighters.
It would be kinda cool if he somehow wins ... im sure it would be a moment he would never forget.

If only more actual good fighters had that kind of promo investment.

Will watch, ala that car wreck curiosity, but most likely will go the Melvin Guillard v. Rick Davis ending.

If his goal is "to see if he can rise to the occasion", then picking his opponent makes no sense.

It's obvious.
No, it isn't. There really wasn't a lot of fighters to choose from that an AC would approve, so you pretty much have to handpick.

Back