Cleto Reyes Safetec 10oz

If you're interested in some 8 oz, I have them on sale on ebay. If you search Cleto Reyes Safetec, they should be there. If I don't sell them I'll just return them.

really digging the addition of videos to these reviews, fantastic.

Might consider that myself one day.

I think you should Blair, get some Aussie accent going!

Wow, those gloves look better in person than even your pic shows...Damn...if Juan gets his hands on some safetechs I am demolishing his supply.

Also...I see you hiding the haircut...nice try.

Edit* Damn I definitely do need to find a coach willing to tape wrists -.-...this is killing me.

Last edited:
Huh no, I always keep my hair short, I was just sporting my nifty R2C hat that my buddy clamp sent to me as a present :D

Awesome video.

Man, you are going to make me buy some blue Reyes. The blue looks so much better than that of my Reyes face-saver. I am close to admitting I have a problem. I regret not getting them when Ringside had their sale.

Good video addition. Only thing I will say is that you stress these are not to be used for sparring. That obviously makes sense from a weight perspective especially for people new to the sport, but as a much more experienced boxer I'd rather spar with someone wearing 10oz Safetecs than I would someone wearing Reyes's 14oz training gloves. I think the padding offers more protection for the partner while the lack of wrist padding means there's a greater emphasis on slipping and backing out of the zone rather than hiding behind the gloves and unloading right away as with the 14s.

If you did I would go very light. I hit hard as is I'm pretty sure I would seriously hurt someone if I remote sparred near 80-85%

Yes let's not forget Martinez was wearing safetecs against paul williams lol

Maravilla wore Safetecs in that fight? I did not notice that.

Strato, thing is someone can get knocked out by 16s. I'm not suggesting 10s for sparring is the best idea for everyone or that it's my go to, and yes going light would be wise. I'm just saying that they are much more protective than the a horsehair or big everlast training bricks. To be clear to any newbies reading, other than good equipment, safety is highly dependent on the quality and matchup of partners as well as experienced supervision.

Last edited:
yes anyone can get knocked out by any glove but 8s and 10s are extremely dangerous because you also have even more speed behind it with the padding allocated differently than a training glove.

Hey Strato, how have these held up? I'm tempted to try them. I'll be going to Mexico in August and wondering if they should be on my list.

They are good gloves but to be honest they are kind of a pain compared to other gloves looking back in retrospect.

They are great gloves I don't regret my purchase but I think you have to be either a pro fighter or a die hard Reyes fan to invest in these.

They are good gloves but to be honest they are kind of a pain compared to other gloves looking back in retrospect.

They are great gloves I don't regret my purchase but I think you have to be either a pro fighter or a die hard Reyes fan to invest in these.

Why are they a pain, wrist support?

doesnt look like it to me

091112-williams-ko-WH-580-crop.jpg

Why are they a pain, wrist support?

Yeah you need to tape up the wrists everytime. The Hook and loop converters help but it doesnt offer as much support as a good taping job.

I've been training with the Safetec 8oz, and really have to say, have had zero issues with the wrist support, or lack thereof. I really just make sure to wrap a hair on the tight side around my wrist, and they have been great. As far as tape, I always tape a few times around where its tied for good measure, but by no means do I fully tape the cuff.

Back