Cleto Reyes Safetec 10oz

Cool gloves, not my type of gloves but very cool all the same. They look really really
Nice.

They don't feel anything like IMF. I will double check with Juan.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Keith Shaffstall Escribe desde cletoreyes.com.mx , Fecha:22/06/2008
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:41:53 -0700

We can work on a 10 oz. size glove but with 14-16 oz. in weight. Would it work?

Regarding the question about the kind of gloves:

1. Pro-fight gloves. Traditional pro-fight gloves with horse-hair and foam padding. 8 and 10 oz. available.
2. Safetec gloves. Works as pro-fight gloves and also training gloves. Moulded foam inside. 8 and 10 oz. available.
3. Training gloves. 2 styles: With laces and with velcro closure. With laces from 12 oz. to 18 oz. With velcro closure from 6 to 18 oz.
4. Amateur gloves. With moulded foam.

We also have bag gloves in small, medium, large and extralarge size.
And we have another kind of bag gloves available in Ringside Boxing - World class Boxing Gloves, Punching Bags, and Boxing Equipment at discount prices which are bigger.

I hope that this explanation clarify your doubts. If I can be of any further assistance, let me know.

And please confirm if you would like to have the 10 oz. size glove with 14 to 16 oz. in weight.

Regards,

Cleto Reyes
Elizabeth Reyes

Damn you went to the source kshaft...how much does it cost going through eliza?

I stand corrected, the foam i guess being imf doesnt share Any of its attributes. You can fully open ur hand like ive shown on the pics and its the softest imf ever. I was able to land on my knuckles also.

If thats the case people should learn from reyes imf!

interesting that these are IMF, hrmm. I missed the delivery of mine on Saturday, and today is a "holiday" but I will be picking mine up tomorrow. Already have some converters from RSK in production (well in line to be produced after he finishes up some stuff).

Yeah I have Juan looking into it, I mean moulded can mean all kinds of stuff, are they injected molded? Are they cast molded? Machine Molded?

Arms and legs. They ship via UPS only.

They piggy backed with a shipment to ringside so I didnt have to pay but what I would normally have had to paid from ring side for a pair of gloves. They can probably do something similar with the Cleto Reyes shop in Cali or one of their many distributors.

For Shitzu the situation is different being in Europe.

Strato - thanks for the great review and pics. I must say, I've been gone for almost a year and can't believe how many great reviews you've put up. Almost Blair-esque!

I have the Winning Pro Fight Gloves, but now these are at $90 inc shipping I'm thinking of grabbing a pair even though I'm in the midst of a sadly long layoff from boxing. You've awoken the gear fiend in me so are fully to blame if I needlessly spend on these (or at least that's what I'll tell the wife).

BTW, only issue with your review is a small subjective one....I hate the smell of Reyes leather. I know I'm in the minority and they are great gloves --and, as you say, the #2-- but I just feel it smells too strong and chemically. Now, before you call me a leather hater the smell from my Garibay gear is addictive.

Wow thats weird it doesnt smell chemically to me. Fairtex on the other hand definitely does have a chemical smell.

Yeah just be careful with the wrist is all i try to tell people i love mine though it just takes time to get prepped

asked to the muay thai federation, I can't use Reyes for fights, damn! :(

Yeah i love the BGV9s but IMO this is just m opinion that Reyes easily STILL wins over the BGV9. Its just a much better glove IMO.

I mean the BGV9 is modeled as a "Mexican" glove, nuff said really.

Wow thats weird it doesnt smell chemically to me. Fairtex on the other hand definitely does have a chemical smell.

Chemically was probably a bad word on my part, I just don't like the strong smell of Reyes leather, it's a very unique and not as natural smelling as other leathers. I love Reyes gloves' build quality though and, of course, pulled the trigger on these 10oz safetecs for $90 inc shipping. Didn't need em, but you know how that goes, especially with the bang for the buck offered by CR's on sale :)

Hey guys. I bought a couple of pairs of these Safetec Gloves in black for a great price. I specifically ordered 10 oz. gloves, but they sent me the 8 oz. ones instead... They're new, never used and in wrapper. Would anyone be interested in the gloves?

I understand that Ringside has them on sale and whatnot, but I'll definitely sell them for less than on their site. PM me or reply to make an offer. Would love to see these gloves go to some deserving hands.

NOTE: even the damn wrapper says 10 oz.... such a disappointment.

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64287182@N02/10999256776/in/photostream/

photostream

why dont you contact ringside they will send you a shipping label and swap them out man. Why take a loss? It makes no sense.

Didn't buy them from Ringside, got them off of Amazon for a really low price. My benefit from returning them to Amazon would be just getting my money back. Thing is, prices actually fluctuate for items like boxing gloves on Amazon. I got free shipping, return is free. There's a chance that the price will never go back down to where they were. I'm simply trying to transfer them to a person that will use them. Amazon listed them as 10 oz gloves, but they weren't. If you look at the labels from the link I sent out, the barcode says 10 oz, but the actual tag under the Reyes says 8 oz.

Ooooooooh I see now, damn man that sucks :( Amazon still has a good return policy, should be able to exchange them for a like item despite the price change.

Back