• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ciryl "Back of the Head" Gane

Getting tired of this whiny shit after every Gane fight. Maybe his opponents should stop turtling up and turning the back of their head toward him.

giphy.gif

Spivac just begging to be knee'd in the face here.

plenty of fighters have been hit in the back of the head. i’m looking for a case where damage unique to the back of the head caused irreparable, or at least unique damage. yes prichard colon took a dozen-plus rabbit punches in that fight. he also took hundreds of other punches. i’m sure there’s been an errant rabbit punch in every boxing tragedy, my argument is quite clear.
It’s a rule. You don’t make rules. A team of people make them.
Why do you think the horse collar tackle is illegal in the NFL?

Blame the refs? I can't remember a time when someone has been called for hitting behind the head, seems like refe just allow it to happen
Its always some fucked up situation, ref not calling them at all, or one fighter trying to milk it for a DQ win.

Not his fault his opponents have to turn and duck tail when he’s whipping their ass. Notice a common theme, every time that back of the head nonsense is called is when Gane has his opponent badly hurt and they’re force to turn away from his striking.
There is a lot more where to strike, he got that benefit when he KO'd JDS, but a fighter already turned and him still striking the back then its illegal.

Every fight Gane either pokes eyes, kicks groins, or uses blows to the back of the head. Sometimes he commits more than one of those fouls, like yesterday with raking Spivak's eye, then the blows to the back of the head.

So weird how he always gets a pass.

Most refs are so bad at enforcing the rules so it's probably a good idea to foul and get an advantage before getting fouled.

literally neither of those cases involve the spinal cord whatsoever.
He went into a coma for 221 days. That isn't an every day occurrence in any pugilistic sport. What is the difference? Could it, perhaps, have been the rabbit punches? You're either daft or trolling. Let me punch you 5 times in the back of the head while you get to punch me in the face.

He went into a coma for 221 days. That isn't an every day occurrence in any pugilistic sport. What is the difference? Could it, perhaps, have been the rabbit punches? You're either daft or trolling. Let me punch you 5 times in the back of the head while you get to punch me in the face.

He is amending his argument every reply to try and reduce his foolishness, but it’s just taking him further into the negative. I doubt he even bothered to watch the fight, he just googled the name and saw a top result with “brain bleed” mentioned and ran with it as a defense. Sickening shots to the back of the head-it was obscene.

To be honest though Gane reminds me a bit of Machida, his technique is sharp at range but when he tries to get aggressive close in its very ugly.

again, you’re just jumping to conclusions. aidos yerbossynuly just went into a coma after his stoppage loss to david morrell for, you guessed it, a brain bleed. there weren’t any rabbit punches whatsoever in that fight. maybe don’t bring up the spinal cord or brain stem when you know there’s not a single occurrence of that ever being an issue in combat sports.

there’s only so many times you can answer “it just is and you’re dumb if you don’t agree” before your entire argument falls apart. we’ve established that you can’t name a single occurrence of the danger you described ever happening. either stop arguing or bend the knee.

It's not the spinal cord that's the issue, it's damage to the brainstem.
the brain stem is the top of the spinal cord. also not a single occurrence in combat sports of anyone ever receiving some kind of brain stem damage from a strike to the back of the head.

I agree somewhat that his power is nothing special, but his bigger issue is more that his killer instinct is just simply non-existent. He never notices/ignores when he hurts guys and just lets them off instead.

At one point he hit Spivak with a body shot and folded him over and Spivak retreated like 3 steps. Anybody else sees this and moves in for the kill. Gane just let him off and so the fight continued for 3 minutes more than it needed to.

He only ever moves in when even Helen Keller could see they're hurt. His fans say he's just overly cautious, but honestly at this point it's way more that he's just not much of an actual fighter and is instead an athlete going through the motions of MMA.

It's going to catch up with him. This isn't the sport to just let opportunities go like he does.

Spot-on, I think. He hasn't had a fight where he really faced adversity (as in had to reach deep, push through damage and fatigue, etc.,). His L to Francis was the closest, and that was honestly like watching a yokel wrestle a pig in the mud.

Back