Chris Weidman's weakness ?

Right now I see none, maybe cardio. He did slow down a bit in the last 2 rounds against Machida. He's also not the fastest fighter but his timing is so good that he makes up for it.

Machida was landing that body kick when he wanted and was hurting Weidman (but didn't really seem to recognize it), Machida also goaded him into a brawl in rounds 4 and 5 where he did his best work and hurt Weidman quite a few times. Though Vitor didn't really land much due to Weidman covering up well, he did blitz Weidman and The Chris didn't really answer until the blitz was over, so that along with what Machida was able to do in the later rounds could indicate a measured in your face approach could be effective if it was done properly and his opponent both had the required speed and power and had the chin to take a hit or two. Weidman is very good at controlling distance and fighting counter strikers and strikers that try to sit back and use range, so it's difficult getting in on him, and rushing in is dangerous due to his power and ability to change levels.
Yoel has power, but I don't think he has the chin for it. Rockhold works best using his reach, his best shot would be to use body kicks, but he doesn't work best in close and the limited time on the feet against Machida wasn't encouraging. Jacare showed a good blitz against Mousasi, but similar to Yoel has been dropped and rocked quite a few times, and doens't work well enough in a ranged stand up battle. Mousasi would be interesting, but his wrestling isn't up to that level and could end up like he did against Jacare. Kennedy is too small. Brunson doesn't have the brawling ability. Machida is no longer the same. Vitor just had his chance and had nothing after the failed blitz. Prime Chael would have been interesting, but he kind of phoned it in a bit after the second Anderson fight. Bisping is past his prime (due in part to that eye thing), but wasn't enough of a threat on the feet anyway. Leites' strengths would be nullified. Anderson had two chances and in the first one his clowning permanently hurt his ability to take a punch. Gastelum is too small and doesn't have the high level experience. Henderson is too far past his prime and both too predictable and his takedown defense isn't good enough anyway (he was always susceptible to freestyle/folkstyle shots.

Great Grappling
Great cardio
Solid Standup
Iron Chin
What would you say his weakness is ?

donald-glover-new-comedy-fx-network-lead.jpg

His cardio sucks. Everything else seems pretty great though.

Machida was landing that body kick when he wanted and was hurting Weidman (but didn't really seem to recognize it), Machida also goaded him into a brawl in rounds 4 and 5 where he did his best work and hurt Weidman quite a few times. Though Vitor didn't really land much due to Weidman covering up well, he did blitz Weidman and The Chris didn't really answer until the blitz was over, so that along with what Machida was able to do in the later rounds could indicate a measured in your face approach could be effective if it was done properly and his opponent both had the required speed and power and had the chin to take a hit or two. Weidman is very good at controlling distance and fighting counter strikers and strikers that try to sit back and use range, so it's difficult getting in on him, and rushing in is dangerous due to his power and ability to change levels.
Yoel has power, but I don't think he has the chin for it. Rockhold works best using his reach, his best shot would be to use body kicks, but he doesn't work best in close and the limited time on the feet against Machida wasn't encouraging. Jacare showed a good blitz against Mousasi, but similar to Yoel has been dropped and rocked quite a few times, and doens't work well enough in a ranged stand up battle. Mousasi would be interesting, but his wrestling isn't up to that level and could end up like he did against Jacare. Kennedy is too small. Brunson doesn't have the brawling ability. Machida is no longer the same. Vitor just had his chance and had nothing after the failed blitz. Prime Chael would have been interesting, but he kind of phoned it in a bit after the second Anderson fight. Bisping is past his prime (due in part to that eye thing), but wasn't enough of a threat on the feet anyway. Leites' strengths would be nullified. Anderson had two chances and in the first one his clowning permanently hurt his ability to take a punch. Gastelum is too small and doesn't have the high level experience. Henderson is too far past his prime and both too predictable and his takedown defense isn't good enough anyway (he was always susceptible to freestyle/folkstyle shots.

5S4RfCR.png

If I had to pick, and it would be trying hard, I would say he could be weaker off his back (never seen him there) if Rockhold can get him there... and potentially distance striking, there is a possibility to out point him, and yes gas tank is a little suspect, which could play into someone like Lukes favour in later rounds

In my opinion the alligator and yolo romero can give him problems

Jacare because his ground game is dangerous and I don't think Weidman will want to risk going to the ground with him early in the fight and Romero because he can negate Weidman's wrestling and then in both fights it would be about who has the better stand up.

getting kicked in the groin or poked in the eye
maybe if the small joints on his hands and feet were manipulated he could be vunerable

or yoel could work as a substitute for all of that

Weidman looks like good ole' boy that's not overly dangerous and he does not look ripped or very muscular... However, his fighting quotient is pretty high and he is pretty lethal on the ground. Rockhold is quite an athlete as well. Rockhold is the visuals of an athlete but Weidman has the stack of wrestling trophies.

Weidman is bit like GSP, stellar in one area but pretty good everywhere else.

He has a weakness to combinations shown in the maia and machida fights. Also he has the same weakness andy has with head movement the body

I think he has a slight weakness in speed. I see him get kind of slow sometimes. Maybe thats his style. Other than that, he is a real complete fighter. A guy who has vicious KO power and fast speed is really going to give him problems.

you mean like.. i dont know... vitor belfort ?

Back