Chris Weidman's weakness ?

Kind of says something when you make a thread and have to ask what his weakness is...

Lol just stop. Who is better in that division then ?

Brandon Halsey, Rockhold, Storm, Rumble, Hendo, Joe Schilling and Melvin Manhoef on the feet...I could name more that might be able to beat him but I think these are the clear ones.

Brandon Halsey, Rockhold, Storm, Rumble, Hendo, Joe Schilling and Melvin Manhoef on the feet...I could name more that might be able to beat him but I think these are the clear ones.

LOL that's what you come up with ?

I think an explosive hard hitting fighter will take or put him in trouble. Hes not very explosive athletic. I think Yoel will be his worst match up for at least 1 round.

Luke Rockhold.

We talking about the same fairy?

060315-UFC-Weidman-and-Rockhold-PI-CH.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

If we were in caveman times, Chris Weidman would be the village brute that beats everyone's ass.

Luke Rockhold would be the other big guy in the village that always gets his ass beat by the alpha brute.

LOL that's what you come up with ?

I've seen dakimbo post a bunch of garbage in several threads. Either a troll account or someone that makes Forest Gump look like Einstein...

I don't really see any glaring weaknesses with Weidman. He seems well rounded in all areas.

Who knows what his guard is like. But it seems like it'd be impossible to take him down.

I'd be interested to see how well he does of his back.

Great Grappling
cardio
Solid Standup
Iron Chin
What would you say his weakness is ?

Cardio seems to be his only weakness, he tends to fade in the later rounds. Other then that, solid all around fighter. But I think if he doesn't finish Rockhold early, Rockhold will start to take over in the later rounds.

Weidman was taken down by Valdir Araujo.

Well if he follows Matt Sera's diet that's a weakness.

Lol just stop. Who is better in that division then ?

You can't order someone of such limited mental faculties to stop and then ask them to keep going. That's just cruel. It confuses them.

His weakness is that he doesn't have any particular weakness. He's pretty good at everything, but also not really good at anything. There aren't any powerful strikers at MW since Vitor is off TRT but there're a couple of good grapplers that could sub him. Romero could also possibly out-athlete him too.

Weidman is a deceptively hard puncher. His punches look awkward, off, but the reactions from opponents when he lands shows that he does hit damn hard.

He does look a bit awkward overall though. But that seems to draw opponents in, and then they wish they'd have stayed back.

I think he has a slight weakness in speed. I see him get kind of slow sometimes. Maybe thats his style. Other than that, he is a real complete fighter. A guy who has vicious KO power and fast speed is really going to give him problems.

Totally agree. I thought he was slow in the Machida fight and looked pretty slow against Belfort on the feet (I know it was only for a flurry) but it seems like he gets beat to the punch somewhat often. So maybe a combination of speed and striking defense. But thats kinda nitpicking. He's pretty obviously a complete fighter and a great champion, with an iron chin. But I definitely see Luke being able to land first on the feet when he wants to. Not sure it matters though, he's gonna be able to get on top of Luke and hurt him.

Back