Chris Weidman's weakness ?

If we were in caveman times, Chris Weidman would be the village brute that beats everyone's ass.

Luke Rockhold would be the other big guy in the village that always gets his ass beat by the alpha brute.

lol

His chin isn't great. Been hurt before, though no one has been able to capitalize on it yet it's just a matter of time that someone does if it keeps happening.

He's susceptible to a good body attack (specifically kicks) and his gas tank isn't great. He's pretty much solid everywhere else though.

Lmao at great cardio. The guy has gassed out in Maia, Silva 1, Machida fights and still people are blind and have an excuse ready for why he gassed out in each of those fights (short notice fight, nerves and coming off an injury, body shots). His striking defense isn't that great either. He is solid in all other areas though.

Kicking...

Though he's pretty good at blocking low kicks. :icon_lol:

Zero swag. Not just his personality but fighting and in general. No style points, not flashy, mundane, nothing that makes him stand out, doesn't excel at anything, very vanilla. A jack of all trades and a master of none.

In my opinion the alligator and yolo romero can give him problems

Jacare because his ground game is dangerous and I don't think Weidman will want to risk going to the ground with him early in the fight and Romero because he can negate Weidman's wrestling and then in both fights it would be about who has the better stand up.

Romero would get beat up, tko'ed or subbed.

Jac has the best chance of anyone going. He's probly the only guy capable of taking Chris down. Not saying he'd keep him down with much top control, but i see him having a great advantage in scrambles and one slight mistake there on Weidman's part that exposses his back, game over..

His chin isn't great. Been hurt before, though no one has been able to capitalize on it yet it's just a matter of time that someone does if it keeps happening.

When's he been hurt? I don't recall him ever being in trouble except a short Machida flurry.

In my opinion the alligator and yolo romero can give him problems

Jacare because his ground game is dangerous and I don't think Weidman will want to risk going to the ground with him early in the fight and Romero because he can negate Weidman's wrestling and then in both fights it would be about who has the better stand up.

I agree with your picks but for different reasons. Jacare and Yoel are probably the only 2 guys that can match or beat Weidman's strength and physicality in addition to having skills.

Everyone Weidman has faced thus far he's been bigger and stronger than. This is also a reason why I'm not too confident in Rockhold winning. Luke's definitely got the skill but I think Weidman will dictate the fight by overpowering Rockhold. Luke's best chance will be to control the distance and kick but that will make him susceptible to take downs and having Weidman on top is game over unless your Jacare.

Last edited:
Rockhold's 100% right that Chris doesn't have much athletic grace. Like a lot of large (white) guys he moves kind of awkwardly. Even appears kind of uncoordinated at times.

Not that Rockhold (or anyone I can think of at 185) will be able to take advantage of that. Weidman's awesome at using that awkwardness to his advantage. It makes him hard to read and in addition to the list of strengths from the TS he has a great sense of timing and a fearlessness that lets him apply his pressure game perfectly. He's also great at reading opponents, which plays into his timing advantage.

I feel like Weidman moves pretty well from a footwork perspective, and he puts all the aspects of MMA together tremendously, but yeah, if you told me that out of Rockhold or Weidman, only one of them could dunk a basketball or played quarterback in high school, my vote is an unequivocal one for Rockhold.

He have no defence vs knees i the mt clinch.

Insert:
Machida destroys defensless weidmans head with knees gif

5S4RfCR.png

Guy writes out a well formed argument, and you reply with some dumbass picture in a half assed attempt to be funny. This forum is a joke because of posters like you.

He has good control of distance but his head movement isn't very solid. He eat body kicks for days against Machida and showed too much reliance on covering up with small gloves against Belfort... even he admitted that Vitor rung his bell which promoted The Chris to go for the TD.

Back