@Blue
Reaction score
Great Grappling
Great cardio
Solid Standup
Iron Chin
What would you say his weakness is ?

Staying healthy.

And I don't know if he has great cardio.

Staying healthy for sure. And id say his cardio is pretty decent.

Rockhold's 100% right that Chris doesn't have much athletic grace. Like a lot of large (white) guys he moves kind of awkwardly. Even appears kind of uncoordinated at times.

Not that Rockhold (or anyone I can think of at 185) will be able to take advantage of that. Weidman's awesome at using that awkwardness to his advantage. It makes him hard to read and in addition to the list of strengths from the TS he has a great sense of timing and a fearlessness that lets him apply his pressure game perfectly. He's also great at reading opponents, which plays into his timing advantage.

I think he has a slight weakness in speed. I see him get kind of slow sometimes. Maybe thats his style. Other than that, he is a real complete fighter. A guy who has vicious KO power and fast speed is really going to give him problems.

Whatever it is he's probably advanced it since last fight anyways.

I think he has a slight weakness in speed. I see him get kind of slow sometimes. Maybe thats his style. Other than that, he is a real complete fighter. A guy who has vicious KO power and fast speed is really going to give him problems.

He better have outstanding TDD as well

Body kicks as shown in the Machida fight which leads to potential shit cardio down the line.

Who knows what his guard is like. But it seems like it'd be impossible to take him down.

Join Date Jun 2015

OK bro he's not that good

He's ok at everything but doesn't have any real skills. Just another generic wrestle boxer that Dana loves because they work cheap. The Silva "wins" were both pretty much flukes and outside of that, he hasn't beaten anyone great.

His weakness is that he doesn't have any particular weakness. He's pretty good at everything, but also not really good at anything. There aren't any powerful strikers at MW since Vitor is off TRT but there're a couple of good grapplers that could sub him. Romero could also possibly out-athlete him too.

He's ok at everything but doesn't have any real skills. Just another generic wrestle boxer that Dana loves because they work cheap.

Lol just stop. Who is better in that division then ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back