• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Weidman or Tony Ferguson - Who's had a worse tail end of their careers?

Who's had a worse tail end of their careers?

• Total voters
And KTFO by Chandler... yeah, Tony won the first round.
That fight was weird... Tony looked off in the previous couple of fights.. then he was looking like vintage Tony in round one.. and then Chandler killed whatever was left and Tony was never the same.

Ferguson looked pathetic vs Diaz, Bobby and Paddy.

He even looked happy to lose vs Nate.

Weidman won this last fight over a good MW. Tony hasn't really been close to winning.

Chris got a fairytale ending and will forever be in UFC MMA HISTORY, as being the ONE
TO TAKE OUT THE GOAT!!

Tony never FOUGHT HIS ANDERSON SILVA nor got his fairytale ending.
now NOT only iz he on a crazy losing streak but he freaking LOST TO NATE DIAZ

the real killing blow is Khabib retired undefeated Has a Protege that took his mantle,
Which immortalizes Khabib and keeps him relevant,
AND IS SUPER RICH & FAMOUS...

Ill take switch places with chris anyday.....

Depends how you define "worse." Total punishment taken and looking like a shell of themselves, literally fighting like a 50 year old? Tony gets the nod.

Acting like an entitled asshat and still taking a far number of beatdowns while looking fairly bad? Weidman. I've seen people attribute Weidmans decline to PEDs too, which I've never heard about Tony.

Weidman at least looks like he could win a fight against someone in the UFC. I'm honestly not sure how far down the ladder or even how many weight classes you'd have to go down to find a guy that Tony could beat. Maybe the absolute worst guys at 145 or 135? That's not good.

Weidman at least stayed competitive enough after his skid began, even got a win here and there(Kelvin and Omari)
Tony after the Justin fight was basically done and Chandler's KO finished off whatever was left of him in there, and plus he was older when he lost to Justin(36) compared to when Weidman when he lost to Rockhold(31).

Chris has been finished more times and brutally, but he has some credible wins (Omari, Gastelum) along the way.

Tony has just been losing every single fight. At this point would he be a favorite over anyone in the top 30?

Chris has been finished more times and brutally, but he has some credible wins (Omari, Gastelum) along the way.

Tony has just been losing every single fight. At this point would he be a favorite over anyone in the top 30?
Yeah and Chris was at least doing alright or good in some of the fights he got finished in(Yoel, Jacare, Luke and Gegard).
Tony's been straight up handled in his last few without much resistance, the only notable times he's looked decent in this current skid is against Chandler and an uppercut moment against Justin.

Idk how this is even a debate, Tony's joints are so ruined he essentially can't inflict damage on any opponent or grapple at all. Subbed by Bobby Green, beat half to death by Gaethje, decisioned by Paddy

Weidman was legitimately winning before the eye poke TKO/TDEC nonsense, against a decent opponent too. Not comparable to Tony

I know that Tony has been far more depressing for me personally.

More I think about this it's not even close. Chris got to dethrone the goat and be a reigning and defending champ. Tony had one of the longest streaks ever and never even got his shot. They just used him up for cheap.

Ferg gotten CTEd into outer space. He's been brutalized brah. Weidman broke his leg an looked like garbage . Not close

Its gotten to the point where I cant even imagine Tony winning a fight again.

It's obviously Tony.

Weidman still has success during his fights, even if he loses. Weidman would still beat guys on the level of Paddy Pimblett.

I am a big fan of both of these guys so it sucks to see.

I will say Weidman due to the horrible injuries and massive damage taken. Even though Tony's had his fair share of damage too, Weidman has faced some brutal KOs
Yeah and Wiedman fights much bigger guys than Tony. Tony fights at 155. Chris at 185. Chris is facing more power. More KOs. Where as Tony hasn't been knocked out flatlined I mean he's taken crazy damage no doubt. It's just different with the bigger guys compared to the smaller guys.

One fighter is still competitive even though he used eye pokes in his last fight. The other guy has brain damage and can't beat even low caliber fighters.

I will say Weidman due to the horrible injuries and massive damage taken. Even though Tony's had his fair share of damage too, Weidman has faced some brutal KOs
I'd rather have the damage Weidman has taken than severe CTE.

Both are around the same age. Weidman 39, Ferguson 40.

Tony Ferguson is in a 7 fight losing streak, while Chris Weidman has lost 7 fights out of 10.

However going based on hurting their careers/legacy I think I'm going to lean towards Chris Weidman, just because how he has been in interviews and how acts outside the cage.

The guy has made himself look like a fool this tail end of his career, it's pretty sad.

Tony_Ferguson_Mexico_City.jpg

chris-weidman.jpg
Tony looks like a complete tweaker in that photo

Nothing is sadder than the mental image I have of Tony thrashing wildly as he gets choked out by Bobby Green of all people

Back