Chris Weidman: Not Leaving Till I Fight Jon Jones

EarnestDamagedDuck.gif

...Now imagine it's Bones doing this to Weidman. Those elbows and knees would wreck the Chris in short order. Jones by murder in whatever round the Lord of Bones decides. Praises!

Be careful what you wish for...

EarnestDamagedDuck.gif

...Now imagine it's Bones doing this to Weidman. Those elbows and knees would wreck the Chris in short order. Jones by murder in whatever round the Lord of Bones decides. Praises!

Jones is known for his hand speed, KO power and fast combos? That's news to me.

Props to Chris, I'm sure most Silva fans hate his guts but you have to respect his competitiveness.

Last edited:
1_Vinny_Magalhaes__VS_Chris_Weidman__ADCC_2009_Absolute_.gif

listen don't get me wrong Weidman is really good and he's one of the best wrestlers I've seen in MMA, but compared to Bones I just don't see it being a competitive fight as some say.

Vinny would do this or something as equally flashy to Jones in a grappling match, he beat Werdum. Jones got caught in an armbar from Belfort who was never really ever known for his submissions.

EarnestDamagedDuck.gif

terrible post.

jon jones has probably half the power of vitor and less than half of the explosiveness.

if chris ate vitors best shots like cake, i doubt he's scared of jones too much.

No chance, JJ is on the right side of 30. wideman only faces guys pushing 40.

No chance, JJ is on the right side of 30. wideman only faces guys pushing 40.

Oh yeah, he's been responsible for designating all his opponents and determining who wins in his division to earn a shot. Geez, you're really reaching here.

terrible post.

jon jones has probably half the power of vitor and less than half of the explosiveness.

if Chris ate vitors best shots like cake, i doubt he's scared of jones too much.
Which Vitor? Rockhold Vitor or the old guy we just saw vs Weidman? Come on now, Belfort and others like him (Anderson) are clearly past their prime. Vitor gassed after that flurry and was in no man's land after being taken down. Vitor is also 10 years older than Bones, the greatest LHW MMA has ever seen. I have nothing against the Chris and I admire his courage and confidence but at the moment he's got nothing for Jones. The point I was trying to make is that in a fight with Jones, if he finds himself at the wrong end of an exchange as illustrated, it's lights out for him. IMO he will have his hands full with Rockhard and will probably not get by Jacare, so talk of fighting Jon Jones is a bit premature.

More rubbish from you.

Weidman is a champion who has beaten a few former MW and LHW champs in his title defences. He's legitimate and undefeated. Jones is also undefeated by anything but technicalities and substance abuse, and at some stage he should return and reclaim his title. Why should Weidman have to clean out MW before looking to fight the best opponent in a higher weightclass?

Yes, this would be a superfight. Yes, Weidman would deserve respect for attempting such a feat. And you'd watch, too. So shut up.

If you can't understand why he should not move out while there are multiple viable opponents, it seems you do not understand how unfair this is to Jacare or Yoel.
Jacare has been waiting for over a year to get a title shot.

If Weidman wants to move up, he should relinquish his belt or at least have the decency of beating every contender (at least once).

If you can't understand why he should not move out while there are multiple viable opponents, it seems you do not understand how unfair this is to Jacare or Yoel.

If Weidman wants to move up, he should relinquish his belt or at least have the decency of beating every contender (at least once).
If Jacare wants a shot at the title, he should stop fighting Chris Camozzi.

Which Vitor? Rockhold Vitor or the old guy we just saw vs Weidman? Come on now, Belfort and others like him (Anderson) are clearly past their prime. Vitor gassed after that flurry and was in no man's land after being taken down. Vitor is also 10 years older than Bones, the greatest LHW MMA has ever seen. I have nothing against the Chris and I admire his courage and confidence but at the moment he's got nothing for Jones. The point I was trying to make is that in a fight with Jones, if he finds himself at the wrong end of an exchange as illustrated, it's lights out for him. IMO he will have his hands full with Rockhard and will probably not get by Jacare, so talk of fighting Jon Jones is a bit premature.

It's so weird how these guys that fight Weidman by winning the most fights of the contenders all pass their prime right around the time they fight Weidman. I'm sure Jacare and Romero will be past their primes too if they get a shot and lose to Weidman.

Is it unfair to Jacare? Maybe. It sucks for him that he had to wait for Rockhold, too. But the UFC should not just be about a belt, it should be about the best fights between the best fighters. Chris is a great fighter and a fight between him and Jones would be a genuine superfight unlike anything we've seen in years.

Stating that Chris (or anyone) needs to completely wipe out a division before asking for a superfight, potentially robbing us of the match while both guys are in their prime is a bit shortsighted, IMO. You're fine to have that viewpoint, but I'll never agree.

It's so weird how these guys that fight Weidman by winning the most fights of the contenders all pass their prime right around the time they fight Weidman. I'm sure Jacare and Romero will be past their primes too if they get a shot and lose to Weidman.
You have a valid point there. I personally became a believer after the Machida fight. Weidman is for real, but Jones is a bit of a step up from 38-year-old Belfort. I'm a Belfort fan but I'm not liking his chances against a BJJ monster like Jacare or in a rematch with Rockhold. I'm sure you'd agree...

If Jacare wants a shot at the title, he should stop fighting Chris Camozzi.

if you would follow MMA for more than two days, you would notice he was supposed to fight Yoel Romero but Yoel got injured.

And yet he did what was expected of him, and beat Chris.

Eh, you know a guy has a pair when, with a grappling base, while on his way up, he took Demian Maia on short notice. I believe this guy wants to test himself.

if you would follow MMA for more than two days, you would notice he was supposed to fight Yoel Romero but Yoel got injured.

And yet he did what was expected of him, and beat Chris.
I'm fully aware of that. I'm also fully aware that you don't get achievements for beating opponents you didn't fight.

Until Jacare fights and beats Yoel, or someone of equal standing, he really doesn't have the resume to be considered a huge contender other than the fact that he's been undefeated for a couple years.

Back