Chris Weidman: Not Leaving Till I Fight Jon Jones

You have a valid point there. I personally became a believer after the Machida fight. Weidman is for real, but Jones is a bit of a step up from 38-year-old Belfort. I'm a Belfort fan but I'm not liking his chances against a BJJ monster like Jacare or in a rematch with Rockhold. I'm sure you'd agree...

Except I think Belfort can beat Rockhold again, I think you're right. Jones is a huge ask and I heavily favour him over Chris.

Is it unfair to Jacare? Maybe. It sucks for him that he had to wait for Rockhold, too. But the UFC should not just be about a belt, it should be about the best fights between the best fighters. Chris is a great fighter and a fight between him and Jones would be a genuine superfight unlike anything we've seen in years.

Stating that Chris (or anyone) needs to completely wipe out a division before asking for a superfight, potentially robbing us of the match while both guys are in their prime is a bit shortsighted, IMO. You're fine to have that viewpoint, but I'll never agree.

I never said completely. But guys who are waiting for 1-2 years and got no title shot yet? Definitely!

Besides, I don't consider this as supper fight just yet.
Chris had good wins, but let us not make him GOAT, or even the best MW. Luke and Jacare can prove him wrong. And until he beat those guys, I don't consider him the best of his own division, let alone a member of the super-fight club.

GSP, Silva & JJ(then) and Ronda, Might Mouse and Aldo (now), cleaned up their division.
TJ (who's been talking about going up already), Weidman shouldn't be included yet in this select club.

If/when he beats (at least) Luke and Jacare, I will gladly sign up for this fight.

Shaddows, with all due respect, shut the fuck up. Your opinion on anything the chris-related is null and void. You talked soooooo much shit about him prior to both fights vs. anderoid, I'm surprised you didn't commit seppuku afterwards.

The fact that you can sit there and claim you're not convinced weidman is the best current mw is an absolute joke and should serve as a reminder to everyone just how blind you are to reality.

I never said completely. But guys who are waiting for 1-2 years and got no title shot yet? Definitely!

Besides, I don't consider this as supper fight just yet.
Chris had good wins, but let us not make him GOAT, or even the best MW. Luke and Jacare can prove him wrong. And until he beat those guys, I don't consider him the best of his own division, let alone a member of the super-fight club.

GSP, Silva & JJ(then) and Ronda, Might Mouse and Aldo (now), cleaned up their division.
TJ (who's been talking about going up already), Weidman shouldn't be included yet in this select club.

If/when he beats (at least) Luke and Jacare, I will gladly sign up for this fight.

Out of time to respond fully, but I'm obviously working on the assumption that Chris beats Rockhold. I think if he does that he's clearly the best in his division (he already is, just further solidifies it) and the unbeaten MW champ with four defences vs LHW Jones would absolutely be a superfight.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree, but lucky you, you'll get the last word as I have to go back to work.

I'm fully aware of that. I'm also fully aware that you don't get achievements for beating opponents you didn't fight.

Until Jacare fights and beats Yoel, or someone of equal standing, he really doesn't have the resume to be considered a huge contender other than the fact that he's been undefeated for a couple years.

other than the fact you know you are wrong?
I mean, lie to yourself all you want, but he beat Gegard Mousasi (hardly a pushover) and Francis Carmont (who was coming off something like 12 fights win streak)....

He was the #1 contender.
Luke bypassed him because he is the FotM at Zuffa and because he talked trash to Weidman. Sadly. A pathetic trash talk to be exact. But he is buddy with Cain (whom Zuffa Love) and DC (who made waves talking about Luke to Weidman on TV).

Just because Jacare is respectful and let his fists do the talking, it doesn't mean he is less deserving.

But then again, some people like you will try to justify whatever with sadly terrible excuses. Anything to demean a fighter, right?

Shaddows, with all due respect, shut the fuck up. Your opinion on anything the chris-related is null and void. You talked soooooo much shit about him prior to both fights vs. anderoid, I'm surprised you didn't commit seppuku afterwards.

The fact that you can sit there and claim you're not convinced weidman is the best current mw is an absolute joke and should serve as a reminder to everyone just how blind you are to reality.

LOL
If you can't debate, you need to go away.
Yes, I am a fan of Anderson.

yet, if you see my posts, I noted Chris did impressively, proved to be legit and defended him against people who claim he is not.

Just because you don't evolve, don't think others won't :redface:

1b27eec29151b6fa9d94817b7f89fbc8.gif

other than the fact you know you are wrong?
I mean, lie to yourself all you want, but he beat Gegard Mousasi (hardly a pushover) and Francis Carmont (who was coming off something like 12 fights win streak)....

He was the #1 contender.
Luke bypassed him because he is the FotM at Zuffa and because he talked trash to Weidman. Sadly. A pathetic trash talk to be exact. But he is buddy with Cain (whom Zuffa Love) and DC (who made waves talking about Luke to Weidman on TV).

Just because Jacare is respectful and let his fists do the talking, it doesn't mean he is less deserving.

But then again, some people like you will try to justify whatever with sadly terrible excuses. Anything to demean a fighter, right?
Machida/Bisping/Boetsch/Jacare > Mousasi/Okami/Carmont/Brunson

Jacare needs to fight better opponents. It is in fact that simple.

Let Jones choke him out

Guy hasn't even cleared his division yet thinks that he and Jones is a superfight

Jones won't choke him out, Weidman is 100x the grappler Jones is.

And he wont finish him standing eithe, Weidman has the heavier hands, but Jones could win a decision by keeping his distance.

Either Weidman finishes Jones or Jones takes the decision.

Would be an amazing fight.

Out of time to respond fully, but I'm obviously working on the assumption that Chris beats Rockhold. I think if he does that he's clearly the best in his division (he already is, just further solidifies it) and the unbeaten MW champ with four defences vs LHW Jones would absolutely be a superfight.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree, but lucky you, you'll get the last word as I have to go back to work.

No worries, Bud.
I can respect your opinion. (though 4 Title defenses, twice against the same guy) is not that much..... but I see your point.

I just think Jacare has been waiting for long, does not have that much time left, and I would like him to get his chance at the belt. That's all.
Besides, you can;t really claim he is the best if he doesn't fight the best his division has to offer, and Machida, Vitor, Luke & Jacare were the top.
I don't mine if he makes Yoel wait, because he just got to the top. but those who've been waiting, I just would like them to get their shot first.

Enjoy your work. (at least I hope you enjoy it). I'm going to sleep.
We can always continue tomorrow :)

Machida/Bisping/Boetsch/Jacare > Mousasi/Okami/Carmont/Brunson

Jacare needs to fight better opponents. It is in fact that simple.

Yet Jacare has doubled the win streak of Luke. Getting KTFO by Vitor should not have helped his case either...
Machida & Bisping are the only top guys. And machida after a loss is not the same as beating Mousasi/Okami/Carmont.

The only fact here is that you are sadly wrong, but are too blind to see. :icon_lol:

LOL
If you can't debate, you need to go away.
Yes, I am a fan of Anderson.

yet, if you see my posts, I noted Chris did impressively, proved to be legit and defended him against people who claim he is not.

Just because you don't evolve, don't think others won't :redface:

And yet the best you can do is give him backhanded compliments while routinely questoning him, his abilities, his accomplishments, and his ranking?

His victories, and the manner in which he's won, are all indicative of him being the absolute best fighter at mw, but for some sad reason you just can't bring yourself to accept it.

The point I was trying to make is that in a fight with Jones, if he finds himself at the wrong end of an exchange as illustrated, it's lights out for him.

And the point failed, because Jon Jones at least to this date has not shown to have KO power.

He will cut Weidman, Weidman will cut him. If it becomes a standing slug fest, they will raise Chris's hand. I see Jones winning by decision or doctor stoppage, Chris winning via sub or KO.

That would be 2 brutes going at it. Make it happen UFC.

Pretty sure this is yet another case of a fighter talking about a fight that will never, ever happen.

It's a shame because this would be a really good one.

If you can't understand why he should not move out while there are multiple viable opponents, it seems you do not understand how unfair this is to Jacare or Yoel.
Jacare has been waiting for over a year to get a title shot.

If Weidman wants to move up, he should relinquish his belt or at least have the decency of beating every contender (at least once).

Superfight would not be "moving up", he'd just take a fight in a different weight and then come back to MW.

And yeah, those guys will have their chance to fight Chris so you shouldn't worry about it too much. He has the right attitude, he won't turn down Jacare or Romero. He just wants to test himself against the best in the world and Jones is that.

Hopefully Jones comes back as a shadow of his former self and the Chris can beat his ass.

And the point failed, because Jon Jones at least to this date has not shown to have KO power.

He will cut Weidman, Weidman will cut him. If it becomes a standing slug fest, they will raise Chris's hand. I see Jones winning by decision or doctor stoppage, Chris winning via sub or KO.

Where exactly do you think Weidman's KO power ranks on Jones opponent list?

Chris has shown about 1 or 2 examples of big power. Dropping Anderson in the clinch is the best. The Anderson KO in the first fight was more of a display of footwork and punch selection, Anderson showboating and Weidman throwing that backfist opened up Silva to about the worst body placement you can have before being punched. The Munoz finish was a great bait to draw the overhand by Munoz and set up the elbow.

The Chris has good power for MW but let's not get carried away. Jones has withstood bigger power. For all the talk of The Chris' power being leagues better he did not drop Machida or put him away while Jones did both.

Weidman has better hands more KO power and a pretty good reach plus really good wrestling, timing, footwork and all around grappling. The guy that gave Jones the most trouble was Gus and IMO that was cause of his height/reach, TDD, footwork and better hands.

I think Weidman would give Jones a lot of trouble.

Weidman is fast and does Have ko power

Back