Chris Weidman: Not Leaving Till I Fight Jon Jones

Said it before, say it again, I think The Chris wins that fight. I think Chris is a better wrestler and a bigger puncher.
I also think AS didn't want the JJ fight because he thought he'd lose.

I was hoping for something MMA related, but okay...

2me4wg1.jpg

Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

In all the gifs you posted of Weidman...he still won. It wasn't even close. The fact that the worst you can find is him missing a takedown or taking one knee to the chops speaks to his greatness. Thank you.

The fact that the worst you can find is him missing a takedown or taking one knee to the chops speaks to his greatness.

1_Vinny_Magalhaes__VS_Chris_Weidman__ADCC_2009_Absolute_.gif

listen don't get me wrong Weidman is really good and he's one of the best wrestlers I've seen in MMA, but compared to Bones I just don't see it being a competitive fight as some say.

I say Weidman would have a good shot at beating Jon Jones. Weidman is very well rounded on the feet and on the ground and he's also a very big guy. Jon Jones would have a tremendous reach advantage but if Weidman could take him down that's where Weidman can submit him. I would love to see this fight when Jon comes back and easily beats whomever is keeping his belt nice and shiny for him to take back.

He has a lot to worry about with Luke at this point.. That is going to be his toughest defense..

1_Vinny_Magalhaes__VS_Chris_Weidman__ADCC_2009_Absolute_.gif

listen don't get me wrong Weidman is really good and he's one of the best wrestlers I've seen in MMA, but compared to Bones I just don't see it being a competitive fight as some say.

Did you really just post a video of a guy wearing a rash guard? We're talking about fighting here. Put that dude in an mma fight with Weidman and it's a different outcome. The Jones fight will never happen anyway, despite what Weidman says. If he did, I would expect Weidman to find a way to win. Maybe wear goggles into the cage or something.

Did you really just post a video of a guy wearing a rash guard? We're talking about fighting here. Put that dude in an mma fight with Weidman and it's a different outcome. The Jones fight will never happen anyway, despite what Weidman says. If he did, I would expect Weidman to find a way to win. Maybe wear goggles into the cage or something.

You sound a little gotten to lol. I agree the Jones fight will never happen. Weidman would kill Vinny in a MMA fight haha.

It sounds good. And I have no doubt Chris would like that fight.

But it's not even a possibility at this point.

I don't watch boxing fights from the 70s.

Ok I'll educate you. Fighter A beating fighter B and Fighter C beating fighter A, does not mean fighter fighter C beats fighter B.

Welcome to combat sports.

I think Weidman would be more competitive than most everyone at LHW in a fight with Jones. He'd be a substantial underdog but I don't see it as an easy fight for Jon.

Ultimately Jon is probably too big and physical for Chris, and his gas tank is spectacular for such a big guy.

If they book that fight.... take my money.

If he beats Jones his new nick name is official "goat killer"

At this moment, I don't even know if Jon will be back.
Then I'd like to see if he will stay at LHW, and get the belt once more.
THEN we can talk about this fight.

But Weidman has Luke ahead of him, and Jacare after.

he needs to concentrate on these guys first, before talking about a fight against someone who is not even active....

I like Chris' attitude on the fight game a lot but he should really be worried about Rockhold right now.

Back