Chris Weidman: Not Leaving Till I Fight Jon Jones

I could see the fight happening next year once Jones is back and Chris clears out the division. Barring any injuries he has Rockhold in December, then Souza in April.May, then Romero in Sept/Oct. That leaves time for Jones to straighten his shit out and have 1 comeback fight, then they can fight in early 2017.

I think Jones will keep him at bay the whole time, too much reach and size to overcome, with that said, i would LOVE to see this fight happen with both in prime shape, if Weidman loses his title and Jones is back and got his title back the fight might happen, as some MW have already fought him for the title.

Will never happen.

By the time it could happen, one or both will have lost a fight.

Machida planned to defense his title five times then fight Brock Lesnar. Turns out neither held the title long.

The best laid plans and such.

Not saying this fight can't happen, but odds are against it. Especially for Weidman. Rockhold, Jacare, Romero...lots of beasts standing in his way.

Agreed. A planned superfight is like a unicorn, you're never going to actually find one in the wild. How many times have we seen this before with Couture/Fedor, Silva/GSP, Silva/Jones, Aldo/Pettis, etc. The only time it ever panned out was with Penn/GSP because Penn wasn't the type of guy who would say, "I'm planning on changing divisions at some point." He'd just do it.

Weidman is just making noise. No way he takes a fight against Jones

I love the fact they he wants to fight him and we may finally get a super fight between 2 champs (if jones wins belt back).

But Jones will eat Weidman alive

BJ vs GSP 2 was champ v champ

If Anderson Silva said this you fucks would be eating from his hand like a dog that's been beaten to much.

Weidman comes out and says the words every MMA fan wants to hear and is actually asking for a superfight and what do we get?

"Oh it will never happen"
"Weidman better be ready to get rolled"
"hes not any good anyway silva won't be fooling the third time around"

MMA fans are the worst in sports.

I think its more the fact that us fans have been disappointed so many times with superfights not happening that there isn't much confidence. Many fighters and champs said they wanted to fight each other and it never came through.

he better get himself a good pair of safety goggles...

EYKI-basketball-glasses-outside-sport-football-goggles-pc-lens-tennis-ball-basketball-Protective-goggles-Sports-glasses.jpg

and guard rails.

Weidman has better hands more KO power and a pretty good reach plus really good wrestling, timing, footwork and all around grappling. The guy that gave Jones the most trouble was Gus and IMO that was cause of his height/reach, TDD, footwork and better hands.

I think Weidman would give Jones a lot of trouble.

Much respect for Chris. I hope he stays unbeaten until that fight.

BJ vs GSP 2 was champ v champ

Ya I know, but it was so long ago, almost 7 years. And it didnt have that same effect since they've already fought and we saw BJ at 170.

I love Weidmans confidence. He really does want the toughest fights and you gotta respect that. I doubt it happens, but if it did I have a hard time seeing Weidman winning.

Would be absolutely incredible imo. All American, Good Guy Weidman vs All American In A Very Different Way, Bad Guy Jones. There would be shit talking. There would be passionate staredowns. Belts would be worn. Sides would be picked.

I think Jones would pulverize Weidman eventually. Maybe not round 2 or 3 but after the most brutal 15 minutes of Weidman's career I think Jones would get a TD and would smash Chris from there. It would be a hell of a fight.

MY EYES, The goggles do nothing......

The fight could happen, remember BJ vs GSP 2 happened. It's always most important that the smaller guy wants to move up, and Weidman seems to be that guy.

Like the attitude and hope it happens.

Bones would beat Weidman badly... This isn't a 40 year old non TRT fighter Weidman is use to fighting.

Weidman should be more focused on Rockhold, Jacare and Romero.

If both are champs, the UFC would never let it happen

Anderson was friends with Jones so he never wanted that fight, but the UFC would never have put it on anyway

Much respect to Chris for wanting the fight though

Glad he isn't coming up with some lame ass reason to duck Jones like Silva.

He my good friend. Hehe. Is normal.

Not sure why most here think Jones would just destroy Chris. I think it would be a very competitive fight. On another note I can't wait for The Chris vs Luke. going to be a great fight.

Back