Chris Weidman Admits His 'Body Has Taken a Beating', and 'This Could Be My Last Fight.'

Remember the days when people thought he could beat Jones? Ah, good times…i ought to revive that thread.

Yea def not luxurious, but still probably gotta make 200k a year to support 5 person family when ur the sole bread winner, to atleast live like he probably does. What does he make per fight? What about his medical bills for the past 5 years? He doesn’t fight much and had a short glory run of making big money. Unless Chris was a financial wizard with what he earned I doubt he’s living worry free these days
Dana said he pays full medical for all of his fighters and makes sure all his guys are taken care of with nothing out of pocket.

It's crazy how many people hate him just because he beat Silva. It's been....a long time. Let it go guys. For your own mental health.

Reactions: HHJ
It's crazy how many people hate him just because he beat Silva. It's been....a long time. Let it go guys. For your own mental health.

Anybody who had any ill will towards him for that has let it go the minute the Hall fight happened. Seeing him snap his own leg exactly the same way and go through even more suffering for a long time remains the greatest piece of irony in the history of all sports, not just MMA.

Anything after that is just a hilarious bonus. Like his last fight, getting leg tortured for 3 full rounds. The guy has really earned himself quite the karma in his life.

Anybody who had any ill will towards him for that has let it go the minute the Hall fight happened. Seeing him snap his own leg exactly the same way and go through even more suffering for a long time remains the greatest piece of irony in the history of all sports, not just MMA.

Anything after that is just a hilarious bonus. Like his last fight, getting leg tortured for 3 full rounds. The guy has really earned himself quite the karma in his life.
I thought it was a curse for taking advantage of an old man who was already around 6 years past his prime and then acting like you're the GOAT.

I thought it was a curse for taking advantage of an old man who was already around 6 years past his prime and then acting like you're the GOAT.

Which one? He took advantage of a lot of old men 6 years past their primes.

(and later got destroyed by several old men 6 years pas their primes).

Yea def not luxurious, but still probably gotta make 200k a year to support 5 person family when ur the sole bread winner, to atleast live like he probably does. What does he make per fight? What about his medical bills for the past 5 years? He doesn’t fight much and had a short glory run of making big money. Unless Chris was a financial wizard with what he earned I doubt he’s living worry free these days

Yeh I doubt he's that set considering how much is left after paying taxes and a million other people. I hope he is but doubt it.

He's had like 14 surgeries. This is a young man's sport. I remember when Weidman was impossible to put a dent in. It felt like he could walk through brick walls. Now he's completely cooked. Sad cycles.

How do you have 22 surgeries? That's like two a year every year of his career. When is he actually fit to train/fight if he's getting that many surgeries? Unless they are more minor than I think of when I hear the word surgery, that sounds ridiculous.

Even though Chris Weidman is not Action Chris, he was still Chris.

Please be nice to Chris on Twitter or otherwise. The dying sport of UFC depends on it.

nksalute.png
#GANAB

Am I the only one who never liked Chris? He's always come across like a low IQ douche bag. Even if he never beat Anderson, he still isn't likable. Not to mention he tried to game the system against Gegard and played himself, which was a terrible look.

Eh, it's the new york new jersey thing. Those guys are all unlikable.

Now with USADA gone can the Chris make some recovery via PEDs, peptides, and stem cells?

Back