Chris Weidman Admits His 'Body Has Taken a Beating', and 'This Could Be My Last Fight.'

23 surgeries in his career.

Now he's said that Dana will probably stick him on the prelims of an Apex fight night against some mega juiced prospect.

His last fight should be his last fight in this very lucrative contract
The guy is making more than 10 times more than what he made to beat Anderson Silva
He will take all the fights in this contract and, then, the UFC will offer him a shitty contract and he will have to answer the same question as other guys before him: should I retire and keep my desk job at the UFC or go fight in another promotion?

I ain’t right for this one but let him keep fighting please because I love seeing him knocked silly.

Now he's said that Dana will probably stick him on the prelims of an Apex fight night against some mega juiced prospect.
What else is he supposed to do with him?

He should just retire. He was never as great as he was projected to be. Silva was 38 or 39 when he took the belt which was bound to happen. He didn't even have 10 fights at that point. Then he beat 37 year old Belfort who was suspended for 2 years for roids before they fought and Belfort was barely a shell of what he was before the suspension. Then he beat Machida who was past his better days. 3 big name wins but all were well past their better days. Then he got smashed by everyone who wasn't a can after that. I was never impressed with him. The UFC is great at creating hype jobs and making it stick. Gane is another recent example.

What else is he supposed to do with him?
Get him to fight someone who's on another bad streak like Shahbazyam or Warlley Alvez. Maybe even bring Rockhold back. I'd much rather watch that then see him get battered in a squash match.

He should have retired by now anyways.

Get him to fight someone who's on another bad streak like Shahbazyam or Warlley Alvez. Maybe even bring Rockhold back. I'd much rather watch that then see him get battered in a squash match.
Thats the lot of fighters who stay around too long and cant have good fights anymore. They are fed to someone with a future.

Thats the lot of fighters who stay around too long and cant have good fights anymore. They are fed to someone with a future.
Yeah that's true. I know it makes business sense for them to do that. I still really enjoy it when the vets/old/well past their prime fighters get matched up.

Reactions: HHJ
I feel bad for the Chris. That knee he took from Romero took his soul away.

Look at his eyes. Classic hollow CTE glossed look in his eyes after that fight and it's only gotten worse.

Poor the Chris.

Reactions: HHJ
A large house, a few cars, taxes/gym fees, maintenance can add up very quickly.

Investing into S&P/total stock market funds or real estate in the last 3 years could have been very profitable. But fighters seem to keep unretiring or not retiring when they should. Money is the reason 99% of the time.

Long island is also one of the most expensive places in the country to own a home

He shouldn’t even have this fight. But it’s his body. Another loss or win won’t affect his legacy. It’s already shot to hell.

An Ex-Champ that defended 3 times. Then once Usada came. He fell off the face of the earth. Just like a few other fighters.

USADA is gone I hope he horse meats and makes a final run

True upper middle class makes money off passive/semi-passive investments/trusts or at least have a profession like a doctor that pretty much guarantees high income.

Without that criteria upper middle class is not sustainable for most people.

Damn good point sir.

View attachment 1022999

Chris is like many semi-poor/middle class fighters. he trapped himself and his family in a luxurious lifestyle
that he can't maintain forever.
most households cant maintain the same standard of living when papa retire and thats how the family
fall apart.
How do you know he doesn’t have investments and stuff? At least he co owns his gym with longo. Which admittedly, may not be enough for his lifestyle creep. He was making great money as champ

A large house, a few cars, taxes/gym fees, maintenance can add up very quickly.

Investing into S&P/total stock market funds or real estate in the last 3 years could have been very profitable. But fighters seem to keep unretiring or not retiring when they should. Money is the reason 99% of the time.
Money could be the main reason, but weidman clearly loves the sport, and had championship aspirations even until his last fight.

Those guys at the desk make great money

Btw I do think Bruno probably beats him pretty handily too. Hard to fight a middleweight that Chris would be the favorite over imo

Am I the only one who never liked Chris? He's always come across like a low IQ douche bag. Even if he never beat Anderson, he still isn't likable. Not to mention he tried to game the system against Gegard and played himself, which was a terrible look.
Finally. I'm glad I'm not the only one to dislike him.

He's going to look like TJ Dillashaw did in his last fight. Chris will get knocked out early, collect a paycheck and have more surgery. Maybe he'll rematch Rockhold in BKFC later.

Back