News Chris Curtis replaces Marvin Vettori against Brendan Allen April 6th

Who Wins?

• Brendan Allen

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Chris Curtis

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Allen much improved from the first fight while Curtis just stays the same. Allen finishes him this time.

Considering the circumstances - Vettori pulling out; needing a short notice replacement; and Curtis having a win over Allen - this is a solid fight. We could have gotten something less, or even worse, they could have pulled Allen from the card entirely.
Exactly

Rooting for Allen here

Tough break for Allen. A win over Marvin could have put him in a #1 contenders fight next, whereas a win over Curtis doesn't do much for him.

Then again, the MW title picture might just be a giant circle jerk between DDP/Strickland/Izzy over the next couple years, so it probably doesn't make any difference.

Yeah I think they should've just matched Allen against Costa at UFC 301, that fight would serve the same purpose ranking wise as a win vs Vettori and could get him a title eliminator if he's lucky. Now even if he beats Curtis they'll probably just rebook the Vettori fight. I don't imagine that Allen is someone the UFC really cares to push to the top of the division so they probably hope somebody like Curtis can beat him.

Wtf they were sitting together when Marvin confronted them.

Ehh I reckon Chris is least skilled ranked male fighter as of late.
Non-action man is C level guy where Brendan evolved and is A/B level guy (unknown potential).

I would rather see Allen versus someone higher ranked to test him further.
Rematch with Strickland would be better.

In any division? You can't tell me he's less skilled than Rogerio Nascimento.

Allen has a good chance of winning this and getting a bigger fight after. Curtis is annoying as fuck, so would like to see a finish.

Back